Survive the Shadows

On 7/29/2016 at 2:43 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Sadly, bad things always do happen to Wilson at one time or another :p he's like a magnet for those kind of things.

Main Character Crash Course.png

It's more so due to the fact he's both a main character and a favorite. It's something I like to call Main Character Syndrome. These other three know the pain. (Well the top guy kind of does, though funnily enough, any pain he went through wasn't caused by me. It was just caused by the show he's actually from.)

If anyone can name the three characters in this shot (full name) and where they originate from I will draw you something. (First one to do so gets the prize.)

... Wilson looks so disturbed.

Wilson: I'm just wondering how this man is floating upside down...

Edited by Aileen-Rose
  • Like 5

It's simple: Characters that get seen and experienced more often (and in a more distinguishable way) are drawn more often. Wilson comes first, followed by Willow and Wendy, nobody plays Wolfgang at first because scary hunger problems, WX-78 is cool again, nobody really cares for boring ol' Wickerbottom and Woodie can turn into a fluffball so he sticks better despite being the last guy. Webber is usually unlocked before Wigfrid as well.

It doesn't help that a new player is guaranteed to play Wilson and will most likely die to a plethora of causes.

Heck, now that I think about it, even the ships follow game experience as a base: Wes is a "trophy" for aggressive players, while Wigfrid is the aggressive-est character. Wolfgang and Wickerbottom both require good planing and knowledge on things and anybody who has that doesn't ship so they are both lonely. Webber has to deal with more combat, while Wendy is worse at fighting, thus both use allies and are played rather similiarly okay they are also the only children.

I should stop there while I am considering to do so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

It's simple: Characters that get seen and experienced more often (and in a more distinguishable way) are drawn more often. Wilson comes first, followed by Willow and Wendy, nobody plays Wolfgang at first because scary hunger problems, WX-78 is cool again, nobody really cares for boring ol' Wickerbottom and Woodie can turn into a fluffball so he sticks better despite being the last guy. Webber is usually unlocked before Wigfrid as well.

It doesn't help that a new player is guaranteed to play Wilson and will most likely die to a plethora of causes.

Heck, now that I think about it, even the ships follow game experience as a base: Wes is a "trophy" for aggressive players, while Wigfrid is the aggressive-est character. Wolfgang and Wickerbottom both require good planing and knowledge on things and anybody who has that doesn't ship so they are both lonely. Webber has to deal with more combat, while Wendy is worse at fighting, thus both use allies and are played rather similiarly okay they are also the only children.

I should stop there while I am considering to do so.

Nah keep going :p

You can't forget about the famous Willowson ship ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I agree. I quite like how Wilson's hair moves with emotions (kinda like a cat! Wait didn't I already say that?).

And omg that video XD

Funny you should mention the cat thing...

.... Mehehee

Wilson: Don't do it.

Don't do what?

Wilson: D8< YOU KNOW. THAT THING!

Cat Wilson.png

You mean this?

Wilson: GAAAAH!!!! *hides face*

Courtesy of @Quoth143 for making the suggestion when I was doing silly doodles one day.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

I imagine that butterflies provide an instant distraction from whatever Wilson was doing.

Well least the good news is he can catch butter for the camp... Even though it would drive him nuts. Having cat instincts do not sit well with him.

Also, Catcoons think he's their king.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:
  • Funny you should mention the cat thing... ... Mehehee
  • Wilson: Don't do it.
  • Don't do what?
  • Wilson: D8< YOU KNOW. THAT THING!

Cat Wilson.png

• You mean this?
  • Wilson: GAAAAH!!!! *hides face*

Courtesy of @Quoth143 for making the suggestion when I was doing silly doodles one day.

You made me think of my transformation fetishists image. :wilson_ecstatic:

im going to get backlash.png

• Like 3

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Funny you should mention the cat thing...

.... Mehehee

Wilson: Don't do it.

Don't do what?

Wilson: D8< YOU KNOW. THAT THING!

Cat Wilson.png

You mean this?

Wilson: GAAAAH!!!! *hides face*

Hah I remember seeing that (on DA I think :p ). I think we're all guilty of drawing him as a cat, at one point or another (even I have but it's cringeworthy compared to your works).

• Like 1