Survive the Shadows

On 6/26/2017 at 10:22 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

EALD 10c.png

Nice technique with the digital emulated scratchboard look. Showing both versions of Cato is a good touch.

On 6/26/2017 at 3:59 PM, Aileen-Rose said:

Ask JC 4.png

I'm guessing this is where MAxwell got the idea for One-man-band as a item he placed in. Kind of a unintentionally sweet memento of his father.

On 6/26/2017 at 11:34 PM, Aileen-Rose said:
  1. StS Willowson.png
  2. Please accept this Willowson picture as a peace offering. Love you guys.
  1. Ah, the Canadian maple leaves support Willowson as a ship.
  2. Hey, any art you do is a peace offering. Just glad you're safe, buddy.:wilson_smile:
On 6/29/2017 at 0:30 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

Klei Banner Wilsons.png

All three have a nice aesthetic composition about them. Each having their own color themed lomography. Suiting the story they fit. Also works as your topper too which is a bonus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm guessing this is where MAxwell got the idea for One-man-band as a item he placed in. Kind of a unintentionally sweet memento of his father.

That's Jack and Diana in the picture. ^^; The one man band gig is something only Jack did as one of his many odd jobs to pay for med school. I guess you could say he was paying memento to Jack instead.

Though I won't say he didn't pay some form of respect to Milo. But that's a story for another time.

• Like 2

HOOOOOOOMYGOOOOOOSSSSHH!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!! I'm gonna have this song in my head for the rest of the day XD

I always get excited when I see your animatics! OwO I could just feel Edward's despair in this video. Really intense >0>

Well done as always, and a well deserved rest! : D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

So Cato found a way to gain a sturdy form or... Who is this character? Was he made for the storyboard or...?

I'm just going to copy and paste part of what I wrote on YouTube.

"So, this particular event takes place not too long after Wilson moved out to live on his own. Edward has been in the asylum for a good number of years now. (About 15 years at this point.) He's trying to hold on to hope but it keeps slipping away from him day by day as Cato continues to toy with his mind and well, pretty much everyday Edward is dying on the inside. He still has that little bit of hope left in him that one day he can be freed of Cato's grasp and return to his family.

Cato though, has other plans. He's trying everything in his power to break Edward so he can fully posses him and enact his plan on Maxwell. What better way to break him than making him think that his dear wife has moved on? So, summoning enough power from what he has gain from draining Edward, he is able to take on a human form once more and goes under the name Lord Castiel.

Using this identity, he infiltrates the Barlow household and poses as a potential suitor for Cecelia, who has recently moved back in with her family much to her dismay due to not being able to own property. They want her out so marrying her off again is the best solution they had. But suitor after suitor, Cecelia keeps denying them. Then, enter Castiel.

Castiel, while he tries to earn her hand, fails in that regard but instead tries his hand at befriending her and pretending he understands. Castiel has no interest in having Cecelia as a lover, but again, as part of his plan to break Edward he's doing everything he can to see if he can get her to move on.

Seeing that as long as Edward is alive, Cecelia refuses to be disloyal to her husband and will wait as long as she has to for his return and hope for a reuniting of her family. With that in mind, Castiel finds the only way to crush this hope, is to trick her into thinking Edward has died due to an unfortunate accident at the asylum.

And that's the gist of this scene. Later on Cecelia will find out Castiel lied but that won't be for a bit and he'll be gone before she can do anything to him. He got what he wanted. Cecelia in anguish and showing loss of hope entirely to show Edward to make him think she's given up on him."

• Like 3

598961d558c18_WilsonPortraitCard.thumb.png.fd9b6f1a67273aed52c1d49ea3662214.png

Been doing a fun little style experimenting over on tumblr and well I decided to try it out on Wilson as well. Came out better than I thought it would.

It's kind of an almost lineless style.

I'd show off my other pieces buuuuut they aren't Don't Starve related so sorry. If you wanna see them just hit up my tumblr or deviant ART. (Though with dA you'd have to hit up my fan and original artwork accounts. Yes I have two. I kind of want a place specifically for my fan stuff and for my original content. Just found it helped sort things out easier in regards to showing people my original content.)

• Like 4