Survive the Shadows

Past Cato Design.png

Cato's original appearance pre-getting turned into a terror beak.

He's certifiably insane and has a massive ego. An ego probably on par with Maxwell if not bigger. Like the size of a planet.

I say this since while Maxwell has done things pretty horrible, he admits to hating himself sometimes for the things he's done and has regrets. Cato? He has no regrets whatsoever. He does what he likes and takes no prisoners. (Except Edward. Yeah, this is the guy he has to put up with in the asylum and in the Wilson and Albert AU, this was the guy who cursed him.)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Does this mean that Albert has two fathers? That small elements of Cato went into Albert despite Albert being Cecelia and Edward's son?

No. Albert's only got one dad and same goes for Wilson. Edward was cursed long before the boys came along. In the Wilson and Albert AU Cato attempted possession but failed and left a curse on Edward that causes episodes of hearing voices, headaches and he gets the lovely marks. Curses don't pass on since they're not genetic. Albert's curse came because he and Wilson got into some trouble when exploring the out lands. No parts of Cato are in either of those boys. Just Edward and Cecelia.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's Edward, Wilson's father.

I know. I ready the tags on Tumblr :p

3 hours ago, Storm137 said:

Regardless of the intent, that's how it came across. Please be a little more thoughtful.

I'm sorry...

I meant it in the friendliest, most jokingly way possible. Perhaps my choice of emotes was bad >_< pls forgive! I meant no harm or hate!Iloveyourstoriesplsdon'tbanme!

Edited by DragonMage156

On 9.5.2017 at 8:37 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

25 days later and it’s all finally rendered. Thank you to everyone who helped me with not losing my head during production. You’re all immensely amazing. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go curl up in bed with a book for a day or two.

Oh glob, I thought I already had given this a like >_> It looks amazing and it's so fun to see something you've seen WIPs of on streams complete OwO I've witnessed the effort you put in these animatics, and it's really impressive. Love the sound effects and lovely setting ^^ And as always, awesome work! 8D

On 18.5.2017 at 1:42 AM, Aileen-Rose said:

EALD 2.png

Absolutely love the setting in this piece as well (especially the stuff he has drawn on the walls) OvO The depressive mood in this scene is captured wonderfully with the subtle lighting : )

• Like 4

Stained Glass Wilson.png

I've always wanted to do one of these ever since I saw Akili-Amethyst's series of them on deviant Art. (They're really awesome by the way go check them out. She's got loads of different kinds.) Also, I've been a fan of Kingdom Hearts since I was a kid and the stained glass window designs we see in the games were always so pretty to me so doing this was a lot of fun and well, wish fulling since I as mentioned before, I wanted to do one of my own.

So fun fact about this image, it has been sitting on my desktop for awhile and I kind of just let it sit there because I wasn't sure if I would ever finish it. Then yesterday I was busy cleaning my desktop and found it again and well, decided to pick it back up. I had images I could use for the circles so that saved time on that and I just had to redraw Wilson, then of course, add colors. I'm really really really happy with how this came out. The colors, the images just... ah. Finally I got it to work and looks pretty and isn't too hard on the eyes.

And yeah, that's all I got.

Wanna make one yourself? Go check out the template I used which you can find here: Stained Glass Template -01-

• Like 5

Oh no! Not ANOTHER comic that I now have to spend 5% of my lifetime bingeviewing and taking notes of artistic talent and secretly falling in love with and liking every masterpiece that comes out. (But... you don't need to know that... SenpAileen... B-baka!)

Seriously, first it was Quoth's Resemptus, then the art threads, the then the comic phases, and now I'm here???

what has my life come to

Nice to see animation. That's... new and I like it in every way. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Oh no! Not ANOTHER comic that I now have to spend 5% of my lifetime bingeviewing and taking notes of artistic talent and secretly falling in love with and liking every masterpiece that comes out. (But... you don't need to know that... SenpAileen... B-baka!)

Seriously, first it was Quoth's Resemptus, then the art threads, the then the comic phases, and now I'm here???

what has my life come to

Survive the Shadows is 18 chapter long written literature with a carry on story called Light in the Shadows (same thread) and a prologue called Book of Shadows (which I will not be counting the amount of chapter that has XD )

Let's just say it's gonna take you longer to read than any comic... probably ^^;

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Master Jand said:

Oh no! Not ANOTHER comic that I now have to spend 5% of my lifetime bingeviewing and taking notes of artistic talent and secretly falling in love with and liking every masterpiece that comes out.

There's also the five or six side stories and chapters. What I do is pace myself and gradually follow each canon with your own pace. No need to worry but enjoy with your own time.:wilson_smile:

8 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Stained Glass Wilson.png

The choice of colors of red and purple are a pretty smart palette. Funny since Wilson and Maxwell's running color theme on the official games are those colors while also toying with fire and shadows.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Master Jand said:

what has my life come to

I'm glad you find my artwork interesting and fun along with my animations. =) Means a lot.

Happy reading in regards to mine and Storm's story.

• Like 1

Ask JC 4.png

“Oh my goodness, are you alright sir?”

“Me? Oh I’m fine. Fine. Nothing to worry about here. I can fix myself if it gets worse. I’m a doctor. Er well soon to be. Ehehehe.”

ooooo

This should probably go in my stash but I don't caaaaare and this technically Survive the Shadows canon so haha. (This thread needs more life. Woops) Got an ask on tumblr asking how Jack met his wife, Diana. Welp, guy made a fool of himself during his one man band routine near the park. While he had the support of his parents, Jack took up a lot of side jobs to help pay the bills for his schooling, housing and so on. During one particular slow day he smacked himself with a cymbal to try and draw and audience. Instead though, he landed on his rump and caught the attention of a young lady. The rest is kind of history.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

This should probably go in my stash but I don't caaaaare and this technically Survive the Shadows canon so haha. (This thread needs more life. Woops) Got an ask on tumblr asking how Jack met his wife, Diana. Welp, guy made a fool of himself during his one man band routine near the park. While he had the support of his parents, Jack took up a lot of side jobs to help pay the bills for his schooling, housing and so on. During one particular slow day he smacked himself with a cymbal to try and draw and audience. Instead though, he landed on his rump and caught the attention of a young lady. The rest is kind of history.

Aw that's cute. I hope to see more of them ^_^

StS Willowson.png

Apologies for the lack of updates over on the Survive the Shadows tumblr (And here on the forums). Storm and I kind of burnt ourselves out from writing Book of Shadows and there’s a lot of stuff going on in real life right now be it original projects or other matters. We do have stories but we’re just not quite ready to publish. We need time to collect our thoughts and also recover from the burn out. We’ll still be taking questions over there but story updates aren’t gonna happen for awhile save the supplement pictures I plan to post there.

So in the mean time, feel free to drop questions over there if you like, we’re just on story hiatus. Again, my sincerest apologies to those who were looking forward to more stories. We want to give our best and we don’t perform as well when our brains are fried. So, thank you for those who are still following and waiting patiently. your support is immensely appreciated.

Please accept this Willowson picture as a peace offering.

Love you guys.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Aileen-Rose said:

During one particular slow day he smacked himself with a cymbal to try and draw and audience.

First off, I think I read this wrong the first time cos when I saw it on Tumblr, I cracked up laughing when I read this line XD

Also, I probably already said this but that Willowson piece is so cute and sweet!! ^_^