Yet Another Art Thread

Sporb

Well, "art" in my case. I've been drawing things recently and thought I might as well make a thread for it. Actually, I'll probably just put some older stuff in this first post, because my old art threads are defunct.

I already posted this one in a status update, but here it is again with an explanation.

Spoiler

The Bordcage is here for your protection!

jyZxYO6.png

This is actually from the game Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, in which you can create vehicles to complete various challenges. More specifically, it's from PJ's stream (https://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare) for the challenge where you have to keep Mr. Fit safe from enemies as he jogs along. One of PJ's attempted solutions was to build an enormous indestructible cage that could be dropped on top of Mr. Fit, allowing him to jog in complete safety, solitude, and darkness. Unfortunately, Mr. Fit proved difficult to catch under the Bordcage and had a habit of teleporting out from under it when it didn't follow his path perfectly. He clearly didn't know what was good for him.

Here's a couple ancient things I'm still proud of:

Spoiler

WZLKe2o.png

Spoiler

F7ynuuv.png

Here's a few old things I don't think I've posted before.

My favorite part of a larger drawing:

IgGGf2y.png

This one I liked the concept more than my execution, so maybe I'll try it again sometime?

Spoiler

s4t5r1z.png

I have newer drawings still, but this post is complicated enough and I don't like this editor.

Okay here's the stuff I wanted to post originally.

The best thing about this one is that it didn't take very long to draw, heh.

Spoiler

AtrHOgg.png

What a piece of junk!

Spoiler

Pretty sure the forum will distort this one, so it's best to view the image directly :/

m03n2Bp.png

I bet you can't guess what THIS gun shoots!

Spoiler

Dgq7x7k.png

On 7/8/2016 at 11:38 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Dergns!!

Ahem, anyway, you have some really nice artz here Sporb ^_^

Thank you! I try to only post the good stuff :p

23 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Ah, Zombie! Kill it! killit!killit!killit!

Plasma, obviously.

I may have overdone it with the lightning in that one.

Wait, zombie? Where??

Anyway, I've spent too long on this one and need to call it done before I figure out some other minor thing I want to change. Here's just the link because it's large.

http://i.imgur.com/x8dWy3P.png

Based on the Heretical Arsonist from Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight:

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

On 7/9/2016 at 9:20 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, really cool. Idk the game though.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:44 PM, minespatch said:

I have to say, the word that comes to mind when I look at your work is: Atmospheric. Besides World-building. Nice job on all so far. Seems like you have a world planned out.

On 7/10/2016 at 5:41 AM, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

Brains!!

The first word that comes to mind when i see this art is:creative

you really are a magnific artist

Oh wow, thanks! I don't know what to say...

Um, anyways, Momodora is a relatively unknown series. The first 3 games were Cave Story-esque, I believe, but Revery Under the Moonlight takes some cues from Dark Souls. Which actually works out well and the game looks beautiful and is fun.

And minespatch, you might be giving me too much credit with the whole worldbuilding thing. :p

I think most of the stuff I draw is either random stuff that comes into my head, or fan art. Although I'm trying to create something more connected. Speaking of which...

I guess this is like a concept drawing?? Making stuff up as you draw is hard sometimes.

JmAxOAt.png

It's the pilot, I mean "captain," of that spaceship from earlier! What's his deal??

Maybe I should still reply to people, even if I don't have any new drawings to post. What's the art thread etiquette, again?

On 7/15/2016 at 9:58 PM, minespatch said:

Yeah, there's a 90's sci-fi tech aesthetic to the guy's design.

That sounds like what I was going for. I wanted to make most of his clothes look like parts of a space suit!

I also drew this. Linked because it's large.

http://i.imgur.com/2H4AR0Y.png

I... I'm not sure I can offer a good explanation for this one.

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

The color pallet is fine and I find it very clean.

I'm not sure "clean" is the look I'm going for Mordor.

Yeah, I tried this one without outlines, which seems to have mostly worked?

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh now I see more of shape. Still looks good though :)

Sorry about that initially. For some reason, I hadn't realized that the smooth dark grey curves of the tower blended in with the smooth dark grey curves of the clouds. Blurring the clouds and changing the colors a bit seems to have improved the distinction.

Today's theme is obnoxious fandoms er I mean spiders!

So I drew Aranea Serket from Homestuck using someone else's art as a reference. It wasn't traced but the similarities are heavy, so I dunno what you call that. I thought it might be a good exercise but it was mostly a pain in the butt so whatever.

Here's the original (by http://hellobeau.tumblr.com/post/144008234730/they-then-proceeded-to-have-one-of-the-longest):

Spoiler

tumblr_o6qk7ef2aJ1vtfq18o1_1280.png

And here's my redraw:

Spoiler

bcwHuhS.png

Shrug. And now for something more fun.

All the spiders clap along to the music.

YwPq0qY.gif

This is hopefully somewhat in time with this song: 

You know how some people have trouble drawing hands? You know how I'm one of those people?? Well, in my brilliance, I decided it would be a good idea to draw something that consists primarily of hands!!

Yeah. Not one of my better ideas. Anyway, here's the result. Linked because it's large. And also kinda gross I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/5XYCBlr.png

39 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Handtree. Yes I'm terrible, do something about it.

Would you believe that's what I named the image file? :p

Wait, you haven't been snooping on my computer have you?

Archived