Extoller's Art

Alright, so, this is, by no means, a finished piece.

I'm just posting the sketch, and I'll hopefully have this completed sometime this week. Maybe after the art homework I'm actually supposed to be doing is finished... :wilson_facepalm:

I'm just kind of sitting here, mourning the death of the 2016 Hallowed Nights costumes, and wanted to do something to commemorate them. (They live on in my heart.

59d0368ddbca5_WXandWebberHalloweenLanternsPNG.thumb.png.2d83ab829a01c5088186913a84e9a741.png

• Like 3

Wow, I'm so stupid.

I don't know why it took me  almost a year and a half to realize this, but Don't Starve uses almost no cool colors. There are very few blues, and the greens are very warm.

Because I'm coloring in that piece right now, and I realized that when I started, and now the colors look much better together than some of my other pieces for this game.

Well, hopefully it'll look even better after I add the shading.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Close thing to cool colors are probably in the trailers.

I always noted how the filters in the game makes everything  look like if the trailers were somewhat out of place. Imagine if there was a fixed color palette for each season? How would everything look if every color would be limited?

Maybe the insanity filter could make everything black and white like a 1900s cartoon...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Yeah, not everyday you see Abigail as a poncho.:wilson_ecstatic:

I love those fire effects!

Hehe, well, I took a little creative liberty with Wendy, by like, giving her eyes, keeping her Survival skin scar, and changing her gloves, so I was like, hey, why not give Abigail these sort of claw arms to protect her sister with. Though, now, I'm kinda wondering what she would look like in a poncho... (I'll upload a sketch of that later!)

6 hours ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

I'm a fan of merciless Wendy. Nice.

She is... so amazing. Such a gorgeous little girl. As far as my favorite Forge Skins go, Wendy and Wilson are tied.

• Like 1