[Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

minespatch

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wolfgang showing off to the dupes.png

The cleaner version. I toyed around to get the perspective on point so that Wolfgang's size was much more on point. Was a bit lazy not coloring Wolfgang but I gave the different dupes different job suits.

wolfgang, dupes, and hand.png

Posting this one in all three of my threads since of the different things. This time to showcase the eyehand I drew out of boredom.

20170419p1-Texas Chainsaw Biel.png

Caricaturama attempt at Jessica Alba. I'm not sure what roles you would choose to do a piece on her but I chose her role from Texas Chainsaw since the western getup at least gave her character.

20170422p1-Toki's visitor in the darkness.png

One of two requests from @toki-wartoothxx. She really likes Darkiplier and she asked me of a piece where he's in the corner while chilling my buddy.

drunk anti.png

Second request/prompt. A drunk anti-scepticye trying to bond with Darkiplier.

dead comission 1.png

Was supposed to be a commission, but like Hoodie Demon, youtuber Mr. Dapperton gave more art reaction images to this youtuber, so I lost a sale.

ink doodlef faces.png

Sticky note doodles. Originally due to me trying to force out ink from a dying pen but finished the rough sketches.

net spectre bust.png

Request from @Net Spectre to draw their persona. I went for a creepy bust. Felt the light blue skin would give a unnatural quality like a corpse.
SAM_2446.JPGSAM_2449.JPGSAM_2448.JPGSAM_2474.JPG20170422-Wilson Whirligig.png

My latest painting. I'm not good at landscapes so it's something I have to work on(I'll need to get fine tuned brushes in the future). It's a entry for the Wilson Whirligig art competition. So I chose a location I keep seeing when I drive to the library. The brewery will be doing a Whirligig themed event to, so I'll get another go with another location by september.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

net spectre bust.png

Request from @Net Spectre to draw their persona. I went for a creepy bust. Felt the light blue skin would give a unnatural quality like a corpse.

Makes me think about Freakazoid for some reason. Guess I should go hang out with CJ. And ask for some rope. I do need some for tomorrow.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Makes me think about Freakazoid for some reason. Guess I should go hang out with CJ. And ask for some rope. I do need some for tomorrow.

Big fan of freakazoid so it might have been subliminal. It was a fun drawing to do. You're very welcome. :wilson_smile:

Finally got these comic pages finished.Just need to add dialogue and my father can stop asking me if I digitalized these yet.:wilson_ecstatic:

Underbridge Internet 407.pngUnderbridge Internet 408.pngUnderbridge Internet 409.pngUnderbridge Internet 410.pngUnderbridge Internet 411.png

Couldn't finish this week's caricature, so I inked it and photographed it. I'll scan the finished version later this week.I'm still willing to digitalize it. The theme was on a French actor. Chose a movie role for a movie I haven't seen.

SAM_2486.JPG

Finally, a multi-scan of a piece I did back in 2009/2011 which I'll be submitting in this month's gallery. I'm not sure if it'll be sold but if it does, I wanted to scan it if it gets taken. Wanting to digitalize this later too. I remember feeling really smug and happy working on this piece about a alchemist.

sorceror piece.png

On 1/26/2017 at 11:48 PM, minespatch said:

DST skeledork pack skins.png

I'm not sure whenever I'll do a Skeledork/Ariel mod

On 1/27/2017 at 3:27 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh ooh! if you do, you should totally call it Wariel! :p ^_^

wariel and wario.png

Placed this in the Non-DS section due to Mario not being a Klei thing. Skeledork, maybe, but that's my persona. My father asked if Waluigi was Robbie Rotten when he saw the reference image.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 p1.png

20170509p2-MrL surveys the forum streets.png

@ImDaMisterL I Went for a limited palette so I didn't have to spend too much time on it but somehow it still took a bit of time finishing it.L's avatar made me want to do a Batman-esque pose.

20170508-Funes is Rabbi Jacob.png

My entry this week for Caricaturama. Haven't seen the film but I had to do a picture on Louis de funes. Out of the roles, Rabbi Jacob seemed like a manic character. Went for a Looney Toons touch on it.

20170509p1-eviltubers brawl painfully.png

Request from @toki-wartoothxx.She wanted darkiplier and Anti-cepticye fighting. So I got to dwelve into my love for fight scenes. Especially the image of someone with a foot in their mouth during a fight was something I wanted to tackle. Added the Jojo-esque "grr" sound effects due to Toki talking about their growling getting her shivery.

free comic book day 2017.png

Due to finally having a new comic book shop near my home, I got to pick up some free comic book day comics. Drawn and Quarterly has a issue of Moomin and Gegege no kitaro in the same floppy, so that made me really happy. Though if it weren't for my father, I would've only gotten two since the comic shop wouldn't let you take more than one comic unless you brought cans to donate. So with a discount of my library card, father and me got four comics in total. Along with Rick and Morty and "I hate image". Picked the fairyland comic due to me hoping the Maxx was in it, and he was(only as a pitiful cameo in a group shot).

minespatch griffon 2017.png

Request from my father of my anthro version of my persona, Minespatch. A griffinsona I've had for years but haven't drawn in a long time. IT was nostalgic to draw griffin-me again. Though I fooled around with the anatomy to give a more animal-like touch to the legs.

pencil and eraser exercises.png

Pencil and eraser experimentation sketches. I was scratching out words and such and went crazy. Then I started erasing to fine tune my doodle.

SAM_2489.JPG

Besides tomorrow, another building is hosting my painting. Looking forward to the event tomorrow but I'm hoping my painting gets sold. Looking forward to one of my paintings being purchased.

12 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:
  1. I really love my pose!
  2. Hope someone buys your painting :)
  1. Thanks man, I originally wanted the pose to be the usual Batman looks down at the streets type of pose but that would mean I'd have to have his back facing the viewer. So I did a worm's eye view.
  2. Same...ariel happy cry.pngNone of my paintings have sold yet so I'm worried.
8 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

You used to be a griffin? 0_0 Man, maybe I should you more often XD

@Starthefox did Minespatch as a skeleton griffon a while back for Christmas but sure. Go right ahead if you want. Any art is fine. Might do a section on the non-ds stoof if Minespatch griffon carries on.

SAM_2504.JPGSAM_2503.JPG

The chair auction I had yesterday. It didn't sell but hopefully it'll get sold either today or the next chair auction.

SAM_2497.JPG

My latest comission for youtuber Mister Jay Shay. He wanted a lovecraftian theme.

Underbridge Internet 412.pngUnderbridge Internet 413.png

Latest underbridge internet pages.

17 hours ago, Master Jand said:

When has nudity every been... tasteful?

You know, museum type of nudes. Something you'd see at the louvre or nothing too crass. Like a lady on her side with legs crossed and hair covering her breasts(a la Bottecelli's Venus).

1 hour ago, Master Jand said:

Seeing a naked baby isn't what I'd call tasteful.

Unless your fat b***tard from the Austin Powers Movies. Y'know. GET IN MAH BELLEH

I'd find the naked baby less distasteful than Fat Bastard, honestly.

34 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Why are we talking about what nakedness and what's tasteful? C'mon guys, we're getting off topic. This is an art thread!

He's asking about my drawing certifications. Don't fret. IT's still on topic.

20170515p1-JayShay among the harvest moon.png

My latest big comission from MasterJayShay of youtube. He's been planning for a comission from me for a long while and finally figured out what he wanted. He was fine with me using the footage from his recent vids to get the right look and adding some eldritch elements.
The moon was supposed to be blue but due to some mixed signals, I did a harvest moon instead. Which gae the piece a vapowave color aesthetic.

jayshay transparent.pngHe also wanted transparent of his persona, so he it is.

nick nocturne netflix chill.png

My take on Nightmind's Nick Nocturne. Going to send it to him so it might be featured on one of his videos. just seeing all that fanart at the end of his retrospective on nightvale just inspired me.

James Franco riffraff.png

My caricature for this week of James Franco from Trashhumper's Harmony Korine's Spring breakers. Could've probably did a piece on Franco as the Wizard but even though I'm not a fan of Springbreakers, just the idea of Franco's character being accused of plagirism made me want to do a simple caricature for the group.

20170515p2-Brikelz sketch.png

@StarmanNess's third comission for me, this time of his buddy @Brikelz. I figured of doing a fighting pose of the character to fit with the hand weapon the character had.

skeledork toki tease.png

Something between me and @toki-wartoothxx on Discord. Saying Toki's demon-crush will make her say "Cease" in frustration. It's fuuuuuuuuuuuun~

On 5/17/2017 at 7:20 PM, minespatch said:

SAM_2517.JPG

Couldn't find the duck and basilisk blind draw alongs but here's my blindfolded mole, gator, and warriorcado.

SAM_2518.JPGHe looks freaking creepy.

I'll get these done by sunday and post the finished versions here when they're fine tuned and inked.

um.png

Four eyed kitty senpai noticed me. :wilson_smile:

20170520-NEss and Brikelz strike poses.png

Request from @StarmanNess to get the commissioned sketches colored. So the drawings were already finished, they didn't need to be colored but it took two hours to just get the colors and textures right.

Finally got the comics done.

Underbridge Internet 414.pngUnderbridge Internet 415.pngUnderbridge Internet 416.pngUnderbridge Internet 417.pngUnderbridge Internet 418.png

Now I can get to working on my father's next page on his Don't Starve comic. After I finish the text on these. But yeah.

Also, here's some expressions I did for a Rocky Horror comic he's doing.

Manstroll rocky horror expressions.png

On 5/25/2017 at 10:09 AM, mewthemew said:

I gotta get in on this "draw DaMrL a persona" idea.everyone needs one, wether they know it or not.

There's always time/.

Archived