[Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

minespatch

arting ariel.png

ariel goes heyo.pngWelcome to my thread!

You can check my Don't Starve thread either here or my signature.

My game concept: Frontier Reaper/Boomtown R.I.P. can be seen here.

Anyways, inspired by both @SirKnight's and @toki-wartoothxx 's art threads, I wanted to make my own "non-shame" corner. Emphasis on the "no-shame". Just like my toki-doki buddy I can do requests but due to me being tight on cash I will make personal "commission quests" monthly or tri monthly so you can see where your money is going into.

For good examples of my non-DS work, you can check my facebook page or Tumblr page(they both post the same content but facebook gets the newer content).

comission quest update 1.png

Comission Quest(more info):

Spoiler

20160717p3-Comission quest.pngbadgecomissionquest.pnganimationpreview.gif

Prices:

fully colored Animation loop: $20
What I will draw:
Original characters, tasteful nudity, fanart, battle scenes, monsters, comics
What I will not draw:
Outright genitalia touching, NSFW intercourse, diaper fetish, inflation, Quentin Tarantino's footfetish, lolicon/shotacon.

Requirements: Payment must be through paypal(kriegers1900@yahoo.com), a good description of your vision and previous art(or fanart) so I can get the best detail for your piece.

examples.png

I'll post the commission quest portraits below so you guys can check your progress. I'll do the same for Tumblr.

CQ Starman.pngCQ Melvenbenson.pngCQ ambarina.png

badges to do list:

Spoiler
  • Otocon
  • armstrong
  • snake
  • raiden
  • pepperment butler
  • nagisa
  • Sonic Ninja
  • Dorothy r Weinright
  • Hello Kitty
  • Keropii
  • badzmaru
  • catbug
  • puppycat
  • pink guy
  • chica
  • balloon kid
  • mangle
  • SSB villager
  • Bee from puppycat
  • Bee & Puppycat
  • Midori & seiji
  • Angry Video Game nerd

Though to make up for lack of references to show my newer fully colored work, I'll post some examples here so you can see what I can do when I don't do DS style:

Spoiler

xibalba_s_a_nice_guy_by_ohthehumanityplzfashion_crashing_down_on_nature_by_ohtheskelly_stickers_await_to_be_chosen_by_ohrumors_at_the_brantley_throne_by_ohthehuafter_apocalypse_after_party_by_ohthehumsam_heins_legacy_by_ohthehumanityplz-d9y

The pieces above take a entire day to make. Mainly due to painstakingly coloring each line before working on the underlayer.

Though, while I'm doing comission quests, you can also comission Badges from either me or @toki-wartoothxx. We'll be selling these for $3 each, oc or not.

examples.png

Currently I got about 42 done and got more coming along the way. Posting badges would be more logical here than the DS thread but I'll try to get the rest of the cast done. Even Maxwell. sweats.png

Wishlist/quest list:

Spoiler
  1. kuuchuu buranko dvd
  2. imaginarium-Terry Scott Taylor
  3. night on earth criterion dvd
  4. Tom Waits-black rider cd
  5. beware the batman dvds
  6. pacific rim
  7. freak'd
  8. reshape ring
  9. hausu t-shirt
  10. Dan Akyroid's Nothing but trouble
  11. Arthur Christmas dvd
  12. venture brothers season 4
  13. Comedy of terrors OST
  14. jack skellington button
  15. Benson the gumball machine button
  16. Wilson button
  17. dark crystal dvd
  18. assassination classroom dvd
  19. fear disney infinity figure
  20. krampus bell
  21. Fix my engineer glasses
  22. new lenses/eye checkup

book list:(least of my priorities but still things I need to collect)

Spoiler
  1. Hellboy volume 3
  2. Assassination classroom vol3
  3. Bakuman volume 6
  4. Black Butler volume 2
  5. Bleach volume 15
  6. Chronicles of the grim peddler volume 2
  7. D Grey man volume 14
  8. Dragonball volume 5
  9. Et Cetera volume 5
  10. Fairytail volume 14
  11. Gantz volume 5
  12. gankutsou volume 2
  13. Kurohime volume 2
  14. Inuyasha volume 36
  15. MBQ volume 2
  16. Muhyo & Roji volume 4
  17. Naruto volume 47
  18. One piece volume 23
  19. Reborn volume 2
  20. Soul eater volume 7
  21. Xxx Holic volume 2
  22. Girl genius omnibus volume 2
  23. Bone volume 5
  24. Goon volume 8
  25. Empowered volume 7
  26. Empowered floppy issue 3
  27. Return of the king-Jrr tolkien
  28. Maxx volume 2
  29. Ratfist -Doug Tennaple
  30. Deadpool issue 11
  31. lacksadaisy cats volume 1
  32. barnaby volume 1
  33. beasts! volume 2
  34. bayou- jeremy love
  35. lump of coal - Lemony snicket
  36. brain boyd's analysis of Nabokov's pale fire
  37. Pixu: Mark of evil
  38. everyman morality play
  39. cinderhazel
  40. Hitsugi-Katsugi-no-Kuro vol 1
  41. DQ8 guidebook
  42. Criterion collection artbook
  43. DQ8 art book
  44. Tom waits ultimate guide
  45. Bruce Timm "Art of Naughty and Nice"

art Tutorials:

Spoiler
On 7/18/2016 at 12:03 AM, minespatch said:
  Hide contents

art tutorial1.pngart tutorial2.pngart tutorial4.pngart tutorial5.pngart tutorial6.pngart tutorial7.pngart tutorial8.pngart tutorial9.pngart tutorial10.pngart tutorial11.pngart tutorial12.pngart tutorial13.pngart tutorial14.pngart tutorial15.pngart tutorial16.pngart tutorial17.png

On 8/2/2016 at 6:41 PM, minespatch said:
  Hide contents

art tutorial18.pngart tutorial19.pngart tutorial20.png

On 9/7/2016 at 11:56 PM, minespatch said:
  Hide contents

tumblr_mt8bq1xirK1rm4wgqo3_1280.jpgtumblr_mt8bq1xirK1rm4wgqo1_1280.jpg

On 7/14/2016 at 10:43 PM, minespatch said:

I have two tutorials you might want to check out that deal both with perspective in the head and environment:

tutorial__head_angles___perspective_by_r

perspective_tutorial__rs_4_by_griswaldte

On 5/29/2016 at 11:47 PM, Quoth143 said:

Fingers are tricky. 

If it helps, this guys teaches people a handy trick for foreshortening which can be applied to fingers:

art tutorial3.png

On 6/15/2016 at 11:09 PM, minespatch said:

wilson hair puzzle.png

I'm trying to reevaluate Wilson's hair. There's a actual science to his silhouette but I've been adding extra curls to the hair when it should be just one curl and two spikes. Makes me think back in the day when I was a big Sideshow Bob fan and studied the palmtree frond hair style that Brad Bird worked on when redesigning the character's second appearance on the simpsons.

http://fujo.tumblr.com/post/38786541491

http://emptyeasel.com/2015/08/03/how-to-draw-perfect-luminous-clouds-with-graphite-pencils/

http://kopaleo.deviantart.com/art/Analysis-of-Color-Schemes-of-MLP-FiM-370244791

http://eschergirls.tumblr.com/post/151572972648

http://badcharacterdesign.tumblr.com/post/153152807405/hello-this-may-be-a-weird-question-but-i-too-am

http://tokiartblog.tumblr.com/post/149486506990/so-these-are-the-art-badges-ive-been-trying-to#notes

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/photoshop-snow/

Soft focus

Tv static

71kaikg-q-L.jpgMy father's book.

Just going to mass dump as much as possible:

chibi hubby clan.pnghot dog bed for johnny.pngtoki may 182016.png

Massacre Clan doodles: Chibis, hot dog bed(based after something I saw my buddy post on facebook), and Kitty clan.

dat femnist boi.pngFeminist Dat boy, a request.

facebook june 30 2016.pngScanned but will be colored soon. Big fan of the Korosensei Quest spinoff.

facebookmay292016.pngwhat idrewinstead ofacrane.pngMy "Draw the first step and ignore the rest" tutorial drawings.

korosensei bad.pngkorosensei sketches.pngSome Korosenseis.

kambyses receipt.pngSatyr king Kambyses. Ariston's father.

massacre babes with smiley.pngJohnny and Bob's kids Jordan and Milo. Hugging the giant skull plushie Mr. Smiley.

what is hell progress.png

One of my many progress pieces I'll be posting on my da. It's from this post.

sawbones pencils 2.pngSomething for the person on facebook I'm working for. Doing character designs on the side while I try to find other sources of income.

merdorks.pngscared mer johnny.png

Massacre clan Merdorks. Based on a concept @toki-wartoothxx's toying around with.

more friends mean more magic.png

From my father's webcomic Underbridge Internet. I did the art and such but had to shrink it down to fit the panel.

priapus sits.png

Request from @toki-wartoothxx to draw Priapus. Not impressed with the throne since it was a afterthought.

toki april 26 2016.png

Camoflauge concept where the villain Sam Hein uses a children storybook to send messages to his enemies on how he will kill them. Based on another story idea I really want to toy around with called "City of Nameless/The Pedestrians".

toki april 12 2016.png

Finished Peridork Watamote piece but need to finish my father's request of Jasper the friendly ghost.

keanu parody poster.png

Something I did for the webcomic. It's in the theater.

Tyler and will feb 2016 thank you.png

Finally thank you card designs, one to my ex and one for sending me a heater when it was winter.

lanyard 8.png

More badge designs, if any of these looks appealing or have badge requests/comissions, just comment here or pm me or @toki-wartoothxx.

sawbones lines.pngComissioned lineart for the comic I'll be working on for Strange Squad Studios.

spider queen.png@toki-wartoothxx's spider queen.

On 11/26/2014 at 6:35 PM, Pyromailmann said:

I'm gong to do a simple tutorial on something related to drawing cartooning stick figures.

I'll spoiler it I guess.

Hidden Content

Step 1:

Hidden Content

Step 2:

Hidden Content

Step 3:

Hidden Content

Step 4:

Hidden Content

Step 5:

Hidden Content

Step 6:

Hidden Content

There you go! Hope you liked my only eductational derp on drawing stick figures differently and my first not-Thomas parody drawing.

I need suggestions. Pls give me some.

pyromailman stickie tutorial.pngDid this guy's tutorial.

On 7/8/2016 at 0:20 AM, minespatch said:
On 7/7/2016 at 11:50 PM, mewthemew said:

Well, 2DS is about to die, so have one more picture for a while while it charges.

HNI_0055.JPG

What's her name?

On 7/8/2016 at 0:37 AM, mewthemew said:

Her name is Catface. She was originally a Mii i put into a game called Tomodachi Life and...I liked her so much she just turned into one of my characters.

mewthemews catface.png

Quick sketch of Catface fooling around.

ashs birfdeh.png

I think I'm late but have some cake on me... Sorry if I dunked you in it.

huxley pencils 1.png

New character design for my comic group. The face has to be changed due to the person who's paying me saying I have to.

lanyard 9'.png

Only got one badge done today but here's Hater and Peepers.

20160710p2-The many clones of Vivian James.png

Finally a political piece that's not political. The character in it is controversial but I had this piece in the works for two years now but I finally got to finish it today. This is mainly my poking fun at how Vivian James inspired both sides of the argument to make their own clones. So I wanted to tackle them all. Just a little frustrated it took me two years just to get the piece done.

Besides, you can tell it's not too political when you have the literal two sides of the argument hanging out on the couch together and the bandwagon on the other side. Makes me think of when I used to draw a lot of strongbad fanart in school and it inspired my classmates to draw their own luchadores.

On 7/11/2016 at 0:56 AM, minespatch said:

mewthemews catface.png

Quick sketch of Catface fooling around.

oh, wow, that's adorable!...heh, just realized how much her bowl of cereal looks like a pot with stuff in it, haha. perhaps i'll make that a teeny scratching post. cat faced people need scratchers, too ^-^

Thank you!

20160717p3-Comission quest.png

animationpreview.gif

So yeah, here's my "Comission Quest" thing i've been trying to get to all week since my father and church have been interupting my art life this week. Hopefully this will be helpful to me and the people who pay me. I'll go into specifics if anyone asks, and I'll put this in my first post. Hopefully I'll add more perks and prices once I figure out what else I'm good at. I should start working on my jontron badge so I can add that as a example for $3/3 exp.

On 7/12/2016 at 9:24 PM, InDenial said:

i don't have my drawing tablet so i doodle

DmK7hIj.jpg

20160717p2-Dancing by fire.pngStarted as a doodle and I went overboard. Got inspired by @InDenial's design and went on with it.

On 7/14/2016 at 10:34 PM, Bebbit said:

Hey. Sorry for the lack of art here, but I need a little help. I want to draw a Don't Starve comic... Need to practice more. And develop an at least somewhat unique style. So far there's nothing quirky, original, or interesting about the way I draw. Also, I need practice with proportions and poses. 

Sometimes I get proud of a certain piece of art, but then I realize it's mediocre. I've got the somewhat common self-loathing-ish, shy artist's mentality.

Now for the actual part I wanted to get across:

Can you guys give me any tips for either proportions/posing or consistency across multiple drawings?

Most importantly, I need advice on where and how to start drawing backgrounds, inanimate objects, and scenery. So far I suck.

Thanks. Bebbit out.

On 7/14/2016 at 10:43 PM, minespatch said:

I have two tutorials you might want to check out that deal both with perspective in the head and environment:

tutorial__head_angles___perspective_by_r

perspective_tutorial__rs_4_by_griswaldte

On 7/16/2016 at 0:05 AM, minespatch said:

I'll scan some pages out of my 1950's doodler tutorial book tomorrow. Hopefully they'll help.

I'll put all my tutorial pages on my page so you, @Bebbit, and others can learn from them:

Spoiler

art tutorial1.pngart tutorial2.pngart tutorial3.pngart tutorial4.pngart tutorial5.pngart tutorial6.pngart tutorial7.pngart tutorial8.pngart tutorial9.pngart tutorial10.pngart tutorial11.pngart tutorial12.pngart tutorial13.pngart tutorial14.pngart tutorial15.pngart tutorial16.pngart tutorial17.png

pig nose sketch.pngQuick facial sketch. I love drawing these monstrous and ugly faces to practice shading and just to draw ugly things.

huxley pencils 3.png

Update on the new character design to my comic group. Hopefully I just have to tweak it a bit more for them before I ink.

show by rock vampire preview.png

New sketch. I'll be inking DyuraDyura after I fine tune him. I like the design since I saw him on the show but the wiki shows his transformed form and I'm not impressed. Definitely prefer the chibi form in the show. It's like something out of Rankin Bass's Mad Monster Party.

20160719-Badge of Jontron.png

Finally got this badge done. Hopefully when the guy who asked me to work on this badge has his bank problems finished, he'll get his badge. Now to work on @Bebbit's Dishonored badge.

toki funeral thanks.png

Since my buddy @toki-wartoothxx sent a sympathy card, I did what I usually do with thank you cards and add drawings. I wanted to post this here after she got it. Big thanks to the funeral company who gave us a pack of these.

ariel n toki portrait.png

Then I printed this out and sent it to her as a bonus image.

HNI_0091.JPG.c195eec1be97df6b030fe61c0cf6197a.png

From @mewthemew's Cat thread. Colored for the artist.

In my Don't Starve thread, I added a "interpretation" section. So if you guys have drawn my skeledork persona in the past, they'll be up there. I also added a poll here so I can start the first Commission quest goal to fill.

20160720p1 - Corvo badge.png@Bebbit's request of Corvo Attane as a badge. Curious if other people will buy this design.

facebook july 20 2016.pngGot this inked. Not sure to when I'll get to color it but I'm glad I got him done.

huxley inks.png

Inked character design. Hoping the comic group will be fine.

toki troll doodle.pngQuick doodle of Toki's character design of retransformed homestuck character since my father needed my laptop at the time so I quickly doodled this without linewires. You can obviously see why I need linewires constantly when drawing.

your oc sucks entry.png

This is a cropped panel from the webcomic me and my father are doing. I'll be posting this by itself and sending it to the people featured in this panel. I really like their show, they talk about what goes into making great original characters for the MLP fandom and helping those who need a boost up.

Please do not take this image at face value, the character in the comic drew this for attention. I think the word bubbles help the distinction.

My father was inspired by Trixie's wand and crescent moon cutie mark, thinking it was a Islamic pony. To be honest, we wrote the storyboard for this one two years ago. We just finally got it done but might be uploading it in either a few months or next year, depending to our uploading schedule.

Archived