Gladiator Bernie

I was playing on the Expanded Survival server ( a server I visit on a normal basis ) and they recently added a new mod for personal islands! And me, being the island lover I am! Hopped right into the game, forced someone else to find the materials gathered the material I needed for dynamite (It's what you use to create the "wormholes" to the islands) and jumped in with my friend whom was the one I forced to get the stuff. We jumped into our island, scoped out the scene. Terrible real estate, swampy turf, smelt pretty bad, made a bunch of weird noises around night time. But that was what we call a "fixer-upper" [INSERT MONTAGE HERE] (skip a lot of days) OKAY, so now in the story it's the DAY before winter and for some reason EVERYONE wants to join in NOW. A few people die and are REFUSING to leave and one was abusing the kick system and leaving before he could be kicked. So, it's winter, we're going insane from a fluxuating amount of ghosts ranging from 1-4 in a non-consistent fashion. As Willow, I gain sanity from fire, plop a few down DONE. My WX-78 friend on the other hand whose had no gears yet? Yeah. It was ugly for him. Nowhere to run on the island and the wormhole drains 15 sanity. Noticing his constant head shaking I plop down our Furious Stuffed Warrior of The Thousand Wars! BERNIE! Bernie, being cute and dancing and making my sanity go up irl, distracts the hideous shadow monsters so that WX-78 can get some rest and regain his sanity. But this isn't Bernie's ONLY battle! In the back and forth war of trying to get rid of all the ghosts, Bernie must reenter his war around 3 or 4 times! After that, poor Bernie was more than half broken, but WX was fine all thanks to his mighty sacrifice! Until WX died to Starvation, Starvation, A Pigman, A Terrorbeak ("I have to run!" "Wait! I still have Bernie!") and I think another Pigman.

On July 3, 2016 at 5:29 PM, TapeKnot said:

Wow. XD

Just wow.

Acoording to your post, Bernie is amazing. I never really play as Willow, so I don't know it's TRUE power.:/

Ever since the update that makes him work for others, he's been super useful! I actually played a marathon round of Don't Starve Together (100 days straight)  and me and my friend actually used him so much he broke and we needed to get a sewing kit (which was hard cause the server had super hound waves, so teeth were rare until I found that Varg)

Archived