Another art kinda dump.

If Tallbirds were Smarter:

if_tallbirds_were_more_smart_by_dragonma

So my friend used to escape tallbirds by running into our koalaphant pen. Apparently tallbirds can't chase you in there, especially if the gate is closed. But what if they could? :wilson_sneaky:

RIP Wilson.

Oh yeah, I also tried out a sketchy style with my black pen rather than wasting the rest of my black felt >_<

Raven and the Pengulls:

raven_s_and_the_pengulls_by_dragonmage15

Another reference to our game. This was based off a screenshot she took. Obviously they found out at some point cos we didn't make it through Winter XD

Here's a reference I used:

pengull_sketch_by_dragonmage156-db2bvj4.

And I my first ONI (crossover) piece:

nibel_not_included_by_dragonmage156-db2b

Just posting it here for now till I make more related fanart and get the game. Then I'll start an art thread in the ONI art section.

Three art threads, oy -_-;

• Like 7

So... what happens when Wilson tried making a mixture with dragonfly ingredients in it?

Well... it blows up as usual :p

Anyway onto the artwork. I only have two this time.

wilson_dragon_by_dragonmage156-db31iz6.j

Just Wilson being his usual egotistical self, Good think Willow was there to bring him down a few pegs.

Also I attempted to make WX as a dragon...

wx_dragon_by_dragonmage156-db31iz9.jpg

I would have finished it and coloured it in but the cleanup linework messed it up >_< I still like the quote though :)

• Like 9

Remember that art stream way back? Well...

Welsun sketch.jpg

And yes, there was a crossed out message by Wilson's head. It read: What can I do to impress Willow?

eets coloured.jpg

This still counts! It's Klei related and I really don't wanna have to start a thread in the Eets Munchies section of the forums for only a few pieces or art >_<

Speaking of which, I recently have a look at that game (to get more involved with Klei's games n such) and it reminds me a lot of the game Cut the Rope but instead, getting the character to the food via puzzle solving. It looked really cool and am interested to try it out one day. However, until then, I have quite a few draw ideas for this lil guy ^_^

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Did you learn from the stream? I love the way the Wilson piece looks.

Also, the Eets piece feels like a cross between the way you usually draw and close to the game style.

Yes, I drew it along with the stream. Although my drawing pad is quite hard to fit on my desk XD

Thanks. I did exactly that actually. I combined my usual style along with Eets. It's kinda hard to draw his original style but I won't stop trying :)

• Like 2

Glommer Kat Nap:

glommer_kat_nap_by_dragonmage156-db79tl2

Based off a screenshot of an older game. I was sitting next to Glommer while my kittykit slept nearby. I had to draw it ^_^

Btw wasn't intending to make Wilson look sad :? In hindsight, I probably should have drawn the sanity meter going up but it's too late now.

Anyway, I wasn't going to finish this till later but... let's face it, I wanted to show off :p

So I wanted to make a grown up version of this:

latest?cb=20161203120528

And...

bearded_dragon_by_dragonmage156-db7cjbr.

The tail's a bit long and the colours are off but hey, it's a start :)

I'm also gonna make a grown up version of @EgotisticalRaven's arctic vargling. Although, I can just draw a wolf with similar features and colouring :p

• Like 6

Time of the "It's still technically Don't Starve" art dump :p

Metheus (with Red and Dino, the two smartypants) :

metheus_by_dragonmage156-dba5o3o.jpg

I drew it shorty before me and PandoMish actually finished the puzzle :p

A Drunk Scientist:

a_drunk_scientist_by_dragonmage156-dba5o

Based off mine and Raven's scarecrow way back with my own funny spin on it. I got lazy with the first bit but Willow's expression was too good to let it go to waste XD

EgoRaven and her Peppy Vargling:

peppy_vargling_by_dragonmage156-dba5o3z.

Rideable Pets:

rideable_pets_by_dragonmage156-dba5o40.j

Way OP but a cool idea ^_^

Wolfgang:

wolfgang_sketch_by_dragonmage156-dba5o44

"Wolfgang help build wall round base!"

I drew him from the art stream way back (I hope they do Willow or Wigfrid next) and drew him holding cut stone. Idk why honestly, just something that popped into my head that made his hand easier to draw :p

100 Mandrakes:

100_mandrakes_by_dragonmage156-dba5o4b.j

Based off this. A crazy idea hit me one day, 'nough said XD

Fun fact: Only about 55 mandrakes were drawn here. If I drew more, I'd have lost more sanity than Wilson right now. Also I ran our of black pen so I had to use felt on this one :/

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. metheus_by_dragonmage156-dba5o3o.jpg
  2. rideable_pets_by_dragonmage156-dba5o40.j
  3. a_drunk_scientist_by_dragonmage156-dba5o
  4. 100_mandrakes_by_dragonmage156-dba5o4b.j
  5.  If I drew more, I'd have lost more sanity than Wilson right now. Also I ran our of black pen so I had to use felt on this one :/
  1. Great piece. You're improving! Only thing you should work on later when using torches is to have the light reflect on them. It would help the scope of your piece.
  2. Nice job toying with perspective. Don't be ashamed to use photo references on animals. IT'll make the poses way less clunky. Breaking down the photographed animal into shapes will help when working on your next animal based piece.
  3. Ah, the return of drunk wilson.5792c3771dcaf_gohomewilsonyourrunk.png.320cbc24dd7ea51d8c25d3b5c1539cb5.pngWillow's the next joking victim of beer goggles.
  4. Best piece to date! You put a lot of effort into this! IT feels really strong.
  5. You could digitally copy and paste with a paint program like paintdotnet to get the effect you want. Also, if your paint program(the same one you use for your mod) has leveling, it can definitely help brighten your work and sharpen.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Great piece. You're improving! Only thing you should work on later when using torches is to have the light reflect on them. It would help the scope of your piece.
  2. Nice job toying with perspective. Don't be ashamed to use photo references on animals. IT'll make the poses way less clunky. Breaking down the photographed animal into shapes will help when working on your next animal based piece.
  3. Willow's the next joking victim of beer goggles.

4. Best piece to date! You put a lot of effort into this! IT feels really strong.

5. You could digitally copy and paste with a paint program like paintdotnet to get the effect you want. Also, if your paint program(the same one you use for your mod) has leveling, it can definitely help brighten your work and sharpen.

1. Reflect on what? Characters? Background? (Though I admit, Red could have used a bit of lighting in his fur. I'm just not that good at light points on characters ^^; )
  2. I didn't use any references on this but I used my cat OC design (which I think is similar enough to use for dogs) for the vargling design and anatomy. Although I really should look up wolf references instead of being lazy XD
  3. Now that's something I'd like to see XD
  4. Thanks ^_^
  5. I don't tend to digitize my work. Idk how to do that, especially with SAI.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. Reflect on what? Characters? Background? (Though I admit, Red could have used a bit of lighting in his fur. I'm just not that good at light points on characters ^^; )
  2. I don't tend to digitize my work. Idk how to do that, especially with SAI.
  1. You said it yourself. With some subtle lighting, and a cooler palette in areas that's not lighted by the torch, the piece will improve.
  2. You could try looking up some tutorials on how to copy paste.
  • Like 1

Happy 1 year anniversary...

DragonMage's Starver Art

Papyrus and Pencil

Ria's Papyrus Pad

wilson_meets_red_and_the_gang_by_dragonm

This was on page three ^^; past all the Survive the Shadows threads... (is now sad ( ._.)

Anyway, I've been waiting to upload this piece for quite a few days prior. I thought the best way to celebrate was to do some fanart for the first real comic I had, Wilson meets Red. I'm happy with this piece, I hope you guy like it too. Also a bit of cute embarrassed Wilson. Then again, when small woodland creatures use your body like a jungle jim, what did you expect? XD

Oh! I also recently finished some sad Willowson (don't judge, you know I'm trash XD )

comfort_by_dragonmage156-dbdc45q.jpg

• Like 8

Don't look! It's anime trash.

Spoiler

No really. It's animu and I'm trash.

Spoiler

Are we really doing this? Ok then, this is on you.

Spoiler

Willowson can you be mine edit.png

partners.png

(Don't like how they have the same weapons but they didn't have anything else except swords and anime knives *can't remember the actual name of them*)

Partners V2.png

............................................................................................................................................................^

There was more images but they didn't have the right colours so I knight just draw them from scratch :p

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1