Divided
A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 

I stood beside a campfire contemplating our next move. It had been two days since our last battle. Our warband was laying low inside a forest biome. Warly was going to challenge my leadership sooner or later, and I had to be ready. Wolfgang had wanted to kill him for disobeying orders, but I couldn't do that. We still needed Warly, whether Wolfgang or I liked it.

The Silver's were actively hunting us down according to chat. I wondered if the Rhodes were too, but took comfort in the fact our two greatest enemies wouldn't unite. The only problem was we were running our of food. Winter was coming soon and we had nothing prepared. I talked to WX-78 about the many problems that plagued us. 

"We need to find some more small bases and get bigger" he had told me. 

"I already know that" I responded, more frustrated that I would have liked.

"It's the only way we can do anything!" then the automation added "Stocking up on food would help too".

This discussion was getting nowhere. My robotic ally was just reminding we of things we had to do. 

Finally, Wolfgang contributed something useful to the conversation. "Why don't we find a small base and make a quick deal for food?" the strongman explained. 

Out of the shadowy night came Warly. The chef was probably the person I wanted to talk to the least. 

"I couldn't help but notice your conversation about our problems" the cook stated. "And you've done an awful lot to help us" WX-78 muttered.

"But, fear not. I propose a solution!" then he elaborated, unhindered by the insult "a We're pretty strong, I mean, we've beat the Silver's twice and the Rhodes once. Who, other than them, is going to want to fight us?" 

I wasn't exactly sure what he was getting at, but he continued. "What I'm saying, is we walk in and take stuff. Nobody is going to make us pay. Heck, maybe we can kill a few and show them who runs things now" the chef concluded. 

My robotic companion was appalled. "We're liberators man! We're supposed to be better than the guys we're fighting!".

But I wasn't listening. I was too busy thinking of all the supplies we could grab. 

As day came, our group packed up and he headed off to a nearby base. The Wilson duo had scouted the perimeter when we had first set up camp here. Without Warly's portable crockpot we would have starved long ago, but our food situation was still grim. As we arrived, our army was greeted by two Woodie's and a Walani. They knew who were, and I was quite surprised. My prediction had been that people would eventually recognized us and started joining our group without us having to recruit them, but, I didn't expect us to become known this quickly. I quickly told Warly to behave himself and we chatted with the trio. They were apparently in full support of our revolt and wanted to take up arms with us. I told them to gather whatever supplies they had and meet with us. By us, I meant everyone but Warly's crew. 

When the trio met us around the fire that night, I began to tell them about our internal crisis. Perhaps this was an unwise move, but without more help Warly may very well be able to take over. 

"There is about to be a war" I whispered. "And I need you three on my side when Warly makes his move" I told them. 

WX-78 took a moment to speak. "I'm almost certain our psycho chef friend knows that we're onto him" the robot muttered. 

Walani, unnerved by the conspiracy we were telling her, finally decided "This is some Illuminati level stuff going on, but, I guess I'm on your side". 

It was comforting knowing I had three more people watching my back. But, Walani didn't even listen to the entire story. I wondered if we could actually trust her.
In the morning, I decided we needed a permanent base to bunker down at, and we set off. Walani knew of an abandoned Rhodes base that was somewhat close. 

We marched and arrived at late dusk. It was in a rockyland and was only partially complete, but it was better than nothing. As the sun rose the next morning, we began fortifying our new base. There were some tallbirds nearby, and we constructed some farms for food. Winter was still going to arrive, but at least we had some things now. To my surprise, our group of nine worked like a well oiled machine. Warly had his two lackey's go hunting, while he went off to gather some berry bushes. Walani and her two friends mining boulders, while my two advisors and I kept expanding the base. 
In two days, our base was in good shape. I sent the two Woodie's on a quest to find winter clothes. Shortly after, someone decided to visit our base.

It turned out to be a messenger sent by the Silver's. The courier was a Maxwell, and began talking to us. 

"You've done awful well for yourself, crossing the Silver's twice..."

I didn't like where this was going. 

"So, I'm going to offer you a deal; surrender or perish" he told us. 

"Is this a joke?" I asked, only half serious. 

The magician quickly retorted "Not really, I'm just being distracting so those two can get revenge". 

At first I thought he was talking about Warly, and that the evil chef had a sleeper agent inside the Silver's. But then I noticed something. Our base had been encircled by six Silver's armed with log suits, spears and football helmets. At the very back of our base, outside our hay walls, stood a Wendy and Walani duo. 
The very same Wendy and Walani we had killed when we took over the hound mound base long ago. 

Archived