Oxygen Not Included Discussion!

I've been off for a while; what is this whole potato cup thingamajig? 

2 hours ago, Sporb said:

Have you guys considered the possibility that this new game is literally entitled "Something New"? :p

No, It's either:

Don't Asphxiate

Galaxy Inc

Space Munchies

or

Mark of the Astronaut 

I'm definitely curious about this... It's obviously some out of space concept, but the focus could be colonizing alien planets and expanding your Empire... OMG I'd just sounded like Imperialists in the 19th and 20th century... 

It could be like mankind totally killed all resources on Earth and now you need to invade other planets to survive.

The asphyxia is also real thing it seems... Pretty obvious by the position of the hands in the picture. 

Will see.

It's most likely a game, but I still want a film from Klei, Don't Starve or not. Realistically, it won't happen. It's not like Klei is all writers and animators. Still looking forward to whatever this is!

5 minutes ago, Bebbit said:

It's most likely a game, but I still want a film from Klei, Don't Starve or not. Realistically, it won't happen. It's not like Klei is all writers and animators. Still looking forward to whatever this is!

Don't Starve in general is more fitted to a series than a animated feature

Maybe a plot similar to the adventure mode, with a backstory episode for each member of the gang, before coming to the wilderness, and then find each other, to beat the evil Maxwell

And at the ending everyone gets trapped in the nightmare world, Maxwell tells everyone his true objective with leading(indirectly) everyone to there, so one of them must sacrifice(Wilson at default) taking the throne so the others can escape. and then ending blablabla and at the very credits of first season, a cliff hanger with Charlie, and then Season two follows the future/possible plot of DST

I though of doing that in some kind of comics, but still need to improve my drawings

12 hours ago, t0panka said:

Don't get me wrong im patient and also i will buy whatever this is on day one but looks like TTA has the lowest priority.

They're going to potentially announce for the first time a new project and TTA automatically goes to the bottom of the priority list? Just relax. Developers need to keep new things in the works to keep profits coming in. It doesn't mean TTA's gonna be another year down the pipe.

By the way, I can't help noticing that nobody seems to be curious about what meaning the "NO" symbol placed in the "Something New" image might mean. Something (Not) New? Maybe they're using it as "DON'T", and is pointing to another expansion or perhaps a spinoff game?

I expected something for Don't Starve ... after all that's their most famous game (or so I think) . I must say I havn't played other klei games ... I don't know why they are just not the style I like ... while DS is creepy survival game with great humor . Can't say I'm hyped about the - "something new" game but wait and see , might give it a try if I like it .

38 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

I expected something for Don't Starve ... after all that's their most famous game (or so I think) . I must say I havn't played other klei games ... I don't know why they are just not the style I like ... while DS is creepy survival game with great humor . Can't say I'm hyped about the - "something new" game but wait and see , might give it a try if I like it .

All of Klei's games seem to have been different genres, that's probably why. That's why I'm more a fan of Shank (never played it though) and Don't Starve than the other titles. Variety is a good thing, though. Klei's games never follow a specific formula, and I like that.

11 hours ago, Maslak said:

People talking about something new and I'm just sitting here, having no idea what "E3" is 8N40LP2.png

Buncha tripleA companies try to show each other off with their newest unique yearly sequel. A convention would be a place where most people have fun. E3 is just a scramble for the "Who won E3" award, and Klei is sticking out by actually bringing (possibly) new franchises and fresh gaming experiences. How dare they care about the future of games and not just make a Don't Starve 2.

(sorry, I obviously have strong opinions about E3, I saw my chance to go on a tangent and I took it)

10 hours ago, Bebbit said:

In space, nobody can hear you make instrument noises.

in space, nobody can hear ragtime. 

this isn't nessicarily a bad thing

7 minutes ago, Reagle said:

How dare they care about the future of games and not just make a Don't Starve 2.

i would be more than fine with this :^ )

7 minutes ago, Reagle said:

in space, nobody can hear ragtime.

i am very very fine with this :^ )

7 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

They're going to potentially announce for the first time a new project and TTA automatically goes to the bottom of the priority list? Just relax. Developers need to keep new things in the works to keep profits coming in. It doesn't mean TTA's gonna be another year down the pipe.

Well it seems so. After 2 years it could get higher priority because DST needs some fixes for features and pvp + new stuff. This slow progress is hurting DST IMO. I thought it was going slow because there was too much other things to do like Invisible Inc., DLC for it, Shipwrecked, console versions of those games, etc. So i thought after almost all of this done it will go a lot faster. Some people from other teams joined DST team so i thought this will push things forward but we are in system where people are trying to fix first 2 features af whole DLC and Klei is actually fixing them and even those fixes take FOREVER. Maybe those features will "play" differently with full TTA. With this pace it will be another year until we see full TTA because look at those 2 new features being here for quite some time and how long it takes to "do them" properly  imagine how long it will take to "do" whole TTA properly with this pace :/

I guess this is how it is. Thats why i wrote i am happy-sad about this new game. I really looking forward to anything new from Klei because every single of their game is awesome but im sad that DST is taking forever to go forward :/

5 minutes ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

@t0panka TTA has been so severely delayed because when they started DST they didn't know they were going to have to do a near-complete rewrite of the Don't Starve software. And what first two features are you talking about?

yeah i know why that delay but this was looooong time ago. First two features of TTA are beefalo riding and resource variations

Archived