trying my hand at fan-art

5 hours ago, mewthemew said:

Waargh.pngWiggis.png

Neat!  You went the extra mile adding the shadow borders. Didn't expect Batdork's real name to be Wiggis(but maybe you mentioned that before?).

Poor Wiggis seems to be having trouble with the Batalisk even if he's trying. :wilson_ecstatic:

SSS MY WIFE.png

Okay, so did the salesman accidentally bump into the two? Also, Whedon needs a chill pill.

Picnic.png

I'm guessing this is Merp's first camping trip?

1. Sleep.png
  2. Clops.png
  1. Kind of a sweet platonic scene. I forgot if you showed them finding a glom-nom or such.
  2. Tell me that's Waargh. :wilson_ecstatic:

Jimmy.png

Wendy should slowly back away before the baby's parents come. :wilson_ecstatic:

BayBee.png

Is the bigger bee the Queen or a mid-way teenage form? The baby bee is pretty cute.

Hound Blood Coffee.png

Nice work showing off the fundamentals of design! If I were doing the piece, I'd erase the lines after inking but you're showing what you're learning. :wilson_goodjob:

GoGo.png

"weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Aw man, thanks for the next skeledork pic. Didn't expect to see my persona riding a bunnyman.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Neat!  You went the extra mile adding the shadow borders. Didn't expect Batdork's real name to be Wiggis(but maybe you mentioned that before?).

Poor Wiggis seems to be having trouble with the Batalisk even if he's trying. :wilson_ecstatic:

Okay, so did the salesman accidentally bump into the two? Also, Whedon needs a chill pill.

I'm guessing this is Merp's first camping trip?

1. Kind of a sweet platonic scene. I forgot if you showed them finding a glom-nom or such.
  2. Tell me that's Waargh. :wilson_ecstatic:

Wendy should slowly back away before the baby's parents come. :wilson_ecstatic:

Is the bigger bee the Queen or a mid-way teenage form? The baby bee is pretty cute.

Nice work showing off the fundamentals of design! If I were doing the piece, I'd erase the lines after inking but you're showing what you're learning. :wilson_goodjob:

"weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Aw man, thanks for the next skeledork pic. Didn't expect to see my persona riding a bunnyman.

1. Actually, batdork's real name is Chris. Wiggis is his last name.

1.5 (never call batdork wiggis in front of his face. he hates it and was picked on in school for it. he gets kind of fussy. :p)

2. it's kind of a first meeting of the two. Wheadon and Shopkeeper will be friends soon enough :3

3. yep. camping can really only happen at night up on the surface, though. mandrakes die in the day, and bunnymen are nocturnal, so poor donut is a bit of a mess right now.

4. thanks <3

5. i REALLY wanted to make that guy in the picture wilson with a full beard, but the beard didn't show up when i scanned it it, i guess (to be fair, i DID use a sparkly silver gel pen to darken the important lines, thoug ^^")

6. lil krampi also steal stuff! don't take him into your base, kiddos!

7. i tried to make it the bee quee, but i didn't have much of a referece because the wiki hates that i use an ad-blocker and am too lazy to turn it off. 

8. that one's my favorite. it really is. 

9. ha, you're welome, my friend! i know you like bunnymen (or at least, i sure do :p)

i tried doing backgrounds because i said i was never really able to. i....feel just a teeny bit more confident.

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mewthemew said:
  1. 6. lil krampi also steal stuff! don't take him into your base, kiddos!
  2. 9. ha, you're welome, my friend! i know you like bunnymen (or at least, i sure do :p)
  3. i tried doing baclgrounds because i said i was never really able to. i....feel just a teeny bit more confident.
  1. Oh geez, the kid has some crime instinct in him too. :wilson_ecstatic:
  2. I like all the monsters but the drawing you did was pretty fun. :wilson_goodjob: If this could happen in the gme, I'd try so hard to figure out how to throw it in. You also threw a kittykit into the piece, which fits since Giddyguy just got me a snow kitty for a Christmas parent.
  3. Hey, keep that confidence. You deserve it. You're improving pretty well.
  • Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:
  1. Oh geez, the kid has some crime instinct in him too. :wilson_ecstatic:
  2. I like all the monsters but the drawing you did was pretty fun. :wilson_goodjob: If this could happen in the gme, I'd try so hard to figure out how to throw it in. You also threw a kittykit into the piece, which fits since Giddyguy just got me a snow kitty for a Christmas parent.
  3. Hey, keep that confidence. You deserve it. You're improving pretty well.

2. i'd ride on the back of a bunnyman. that thing in the back was *supposed* to be a baby beefalo, but i guess it could be a kittykit if you realy want it to be. :3

i'd want to have someone ride on the back of a werepig. it'd give pigwolves a little more use than just a hazard and a way to always get 2 meats and a pig skin. even if it would ony be allowed at full moon or befriended pigs. how cool would it be to just cling on to the thing's back and controll who or what it swipes?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

how cool would it be to just cling on to the thing's back and controll who or what it swipes?!

It'd be like being a parent that way. I feel so bad for pigmen. They try to... "help" but instead they just cause a mess and keep getting hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

It'd be like being a parent that way. I feel so bad for pigmen. They try to... "help" but instead they just cause a mess and keep getting hurt.

this is why i love pigmen so much. so sweet and adorable <3 (not tribal piggos, tho. >.>)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I didn't even noticed the Mimikyu until the final few panels! Thought it was the road until I noticed Wilson was hitting the "road". My mind was going "Why is he hitting the road".

no, it was the shadow hand that tries to put out your fire :p

also i'm REALLY sorry the second image is so big. my god, no wonder paint was lagging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:
  1. Is that Junior Krampus?:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Never thought of Warly as a Gordon Ramsay type  but here we are.

1. i've decided to call the baby krampus a "Krampling"

2. not my intention but....now that you mention it. i-i think it actually works. :3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Probably only when he's really hungry and starts hallucinating. Warly seems like a nice guy in my opinion. :wilson_ecstatic:

oh, that i'm sure of. very adorable and huggable, indeed. as a person who judges the characters based on quotes and little else, that's one of the reasons i like him so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mewthemew said:

oh, that i'm sure of. very adorable and huggable, indeed. as a person who judges the characters based on quotes and little else, that's one of the reasons i like him so much.

I like warly cause I can make different recipes and his hunger drain is quite nice because I've played Wes to much that switching to a different character other then warly makes it feel like the hunger meter is going in slow motion and I like stuffing my face in food

Besides warly is the only character that can turn a monster meat dish into a nice one with monster tartar

I would play him in DST but the only mods I found or before his nerf of having to eat different crockpot foods for a 1.5 time period

I'm still a little confused by how Wes has become a cartaker most pictures i see of him are surrounded being the protecter of tall bird

chicks and rabbits quite odd but cute.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

I like warly cause I can make different recipes and his hunger drain is quite nice because I've played Wes to much that switching to a different character other then warly makes it feel like the hunger meter is going in slow motion and I like stuffing my face in food

Besides warly is the only character that can turn a monster meat dish into a nice one with monster tartar

I would play him in DST but the only mods I found or before his nerf of having to eat different crockpot foods for a 1.5 time period

I'm still a little confused by how Wes has become a cartaker most pictures i see of him are surrounded being the protecter of tall bird

chicks and rabbits quite odd but cute.

well said.

• Like 1

Yeah i'm sorry I'm just a bit salty that when people even experinced players just look at Wes,Warly,Wolfgangs hunger drain and thinks its the biggest deal and i'm guitly of when I played all the characters except for what williow and woodie that I gave warly a bunch of hate but I got used to it and like it I even make kabobs and muffins trailmix and ratauoille as Wes cause I found it fun but I just don't like people who get on peole case of he eats more are starves faster i just laughed with that whole wigfried op thread kept going back and forth with but Wolfgang needs more food and blah blah cause for something that most agree is trival it was a big deal I know on Wes  when I do a long expo trip i need like 1 to 2 more food then most need and thats not a lot at all Warly might be different with his bigger stomach but I don't think so 

Sorry for ranting I just needed to do that with everybody going on about max effeniancy and optimal builds and best characters and worst and all that stuff. 

Sorry again I just needed to get that off my chest 

Oh and congrats if you made it to the end

• Like 1

I found a mod that has warly completely up to date so he does have his varity disadvantage and the modder has made it so you can cook all his unique recipes using the games current food stuffs

as well making his chef pouch craftable so I thought you would enjoy it here the link

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=607654103

• Like 2