Spoiled Rotten (Jan 15 Update)

Kevin

I found a bug. When killing spiders near its nest, its drop flew off and landed off screen. I could still pick it up though.

Thats because the spider nest is in the way of the drop. The player couldnt pick it up properly, if the spider nest was in its way.

you guys need to remember that the game is still in BETA, there will be a lot more of opportunity for Klei and the team to make this game harder....just chilled with the " make this and that harder " it's might be easy for us the veteran players but other ppl might not have the same skill of playing this game so Klei is trying to balance that...

People are well aware of the fact that the game is still in beta, but that doesn't mean they can't talk about the current state of the game, right? That's the whole point of having a community that helps develop a title; letting them express their feelings about the game, telling what - in their eyes - can be better about it, and inform the developer with potential ideas for future updates.

Klei can't "try to balance that" when they're not getting any feedback from the community. We're the biggest testers, and we're not even getting paid for it! (it's a joke, put away your gun)

The game IS micromanagement, that's literally what the game is. Managing your time, managing your survival supplies. Its not a combat based game, the way the difficulty increases is making it harder to survive, the point of the game. Food spoilage makes it so you have to plan a bit more, you cant just stockpile food and then suddenly the threat of starving is non existent. Your only threats shouldn't be enemy mobs, its not a combat game, one of the primary motives for fighting mods should be more food, to eat, to survive with.

Micromanagement is the game.

I agree, that is what the game is about, but I think there are people out there who want it to be a little more difficult. Maybe A setting where the food is more scarce or gets harder faster for those who are interested. I personally like it the way it is, but I know that doing the same thing over and over again until day 30 passes and things start to get harder faster, can prove to be rather difficult to people. Maybe time speed setting then? Slow, normal, and fast? that's another good option, where time is faster and makes it so you have less to do in a day.

On another note, I am very excited for the new update to come out. I think that building your own wall or "safety zone" is a very important feature in this game. I currently use trees to achieve that affect and actually having walls would be better. However, I has playing the other day and I couldnt help but to imagine what it would be like if weather was a factor in this game. Think about that, shelter would become a must do in the game. I would find that fascinating! That's what I was taught to achieve in survival, food, warmth, and shelter. Having the elements of nature to abide by would make the game that much more interesting...

Just food for thought guys! keep up the amazing progress!