Roleplay Information Thread - STILL OPEN(!)

Auth

What's the difference between chop beef and pea soup? Anybody can chop beef but nobody can pea soup!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Got an idea for something to be added to Weirdosity?

• Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  2. 2. Want a free cosmetic?

• YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  3. 3. Do you like Weirdosity?

• 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℍ!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah

Character Name: Mackenzie Jackson GSfgdfgdgf

Character Age: Undetermined, believed to be around 20-25

Character Title: The Loser of Demood

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Human

Character's Sexuality: Straight

Physical Description: Lanky, facial hair, glasses, hairy legs, blue-green eyes, dark brown hair, whiter than the damn moon

Psychological Description: Very much sane, despite living in Demood for two years and witnessing unspeakable things. Tends to speak with a voice in his head named Destiny who is very much real, I assure you!

Personality: Carefree, loving, lazy

Perks/Skills: Knows how to use a gun, can summons memes at will

Fears: Spiders, Zeus, getting yelled at by his wife Grace (in singleplayer mode, damn you weirdo)

Weaknesses: Easily harmed, getting lost in his own world

Strengths: Rowdy fighter, gun wielder

Romanceable: please love me

Profession: None, unless gamer counts as a profession

Possessions: THE LEGENDARY COUCH, a bunch of achievement items, Marie the shagicorn, Meme Book, THE LEGENDARY TV

Additional Info: Used to have a hat that could summon anything you needed, but was lost in the fight between him and [REMOVED]

Roleplay Update

"The content dump update PT. 1"

Major Thingies

• Bosses will now be loyal to the player who has passively spared them, and will be indifferent to to players who aggresively spare them (Or you could just kill them)
  • Vulgulls and Seagulls now come to mainland during storms and hurricanes
  • Added the "Corrupted" gamemode (singleplayer or a Coop team of 2 only, insanely hard)
  • There is now a broken portal frame in the middle of the clocktower's lobby floor (Instead of weirdo's basement as literally nobody likes going there)
  • Peacocks have been added to the forest
  • A weather channel has been added to prevent storms coming with just no warning
  • Added Elise the crab
  • Added a rather grouchy retired sailor squid
  • Weirdo now remembers certain events in his history
  • The undead have returned to eat unused flesh
  • Robot minion waves now occur instead of Weirdobot attacks at random (Although, if the battal gets too intense, he will show up to help out his robotic bretheren)
  • A fountain was added in front of the mayors mansion, it will change depending on the current state of the town (IE if the town is corrupted with light magic it will become a magic fountain)
  • Asteroids can now spawn but are INCREDIBLY uncommon
  • Weird moons are now even more common
  • An hour progresses every 15 turns by players (25 in singleplayer)
  • Mavis now has big glasses she will periodically wear while reading a certain material
  • Added more types of corruption (Cardboard, Fluff, Magma, etc.)
  • Moog Mountain will now get rather agitated unless it is relieved more commonly
  • Pigs now wander the forest
  • Chickens now wander Demood's vast plains

Updated the title, everyone.

Well, 5 days left until this officially gets launched into orbit, so until then, tell everyone you know. Absoloutely shatter the rule against no advertising. Everyone you think would enjoy a roleplay as serious as this, give em a ring, because as of right now the only people in it are the only people that have the "Accepted" tag on the main post (So if you don't, change it up before it's too late!)

Just wanted to clarify that when I mentioned I was going to publish my char sheet, it was the one I showed and used in that private co-op rp on Skype

So... I'm in. If you need the sheet again just tell me, 

On 5/19/2016 at 9:41 AM, Weirdobob said:

Asparagus: Changes Preferred (Giants don't really fit in a universe this serious, sorry buddy...)

Well, I don't grow as big as a giant... I just adopt their traits... and probably the full giant aspect just lets me grow to max 6'3"?

. . .eh, why not. At the very least, I want to see how this persona would hold up.

Character Name: Daniel ______

Character Age: Fifteen years, five months, and twenty-two days.

Character Title: The Idiosyncratic

Character Species: Human, though he hopes that's not the only intelligent species out there; it'd be quite boring, otherwise, thinking that there's something special and magical about being the only one.

Character's Sexuality: Not sure, since it would be illegal for them or anyone else to dabble around and find out. Considering he's effeminate, though, I suppose you could lean more towards the colors of the rainbow.

Physical Description: He's incredibly thin, with gangling arms and knobbly legs with well-defined bones. The sweater is what makes him look normal-sized, adding volume where he is lacking. Black ink is slathered all over his arms and legs, wet near the hands and feet and progressively dries near the torso. Wears black shorts and a dark purple sweater.

Psychological Description: Knows plenty about the world but understands very little. Exclusively learns about everything as connections; if the information doesn't connect in some way, obscure or explicit, to another piece of information, it's less likely to strike a chord and he's less likely to pay attention. Makes up for what they don't know about themselves by trying to figure out others. Often goes around problems instead of through them. Apologizes for many things that he shouldn't apologize for. Is very stressed without sweaters. Externally mad and keeps relations as "acquaintances", internally a melty blob of emotions.

Personality: Eccentric and peculiar are words you could use, for he's very unusual. Blunt and insensitive to others are also some words you could use, though he's not like this intentionally and will often realize what he means long after the fact.

Perks/Skills: Leanness aside, he has excellent body control, being able to gracefully move on solid footing. The ink may seem like a disadvantage due to slippage, but, since he has control over it, the ink acts more like ice skates.

Fears: Rational fears include drowning and fire, while irrational fears include things with more than four legs and losing his comfort sweater.

Weaknesses: Liquid thins out the ink in his arms and legs, weakening him. Enough of it can wash it away, leaving him as a normal person with an over-sized sweater. The ink comes back eventually, but that "eventually" is a long time (forty posts long, specifically). Lacks strength, so he often requires the help of others with feats involving sheer power.

Strengths: While painful and plain alienating for him, he can reform the ink around their hands and feet into other things if need be (combat is a weird point, since weapons can technically be made from the ink but lack structural integrity, meaning they'll most likely splatter apart after one strike; it's less of a "blade" and more of a "one-time sharp cut". Still hurts, though). Lean and agile, he is also proficient at dodging.

Romance-able: Try hard enough and be persistent enough and he may give a chance, but remember the age, pervert.

Sex-able: That's sick, you hebephile.

Profession: Isn't it against most laws for someone under the age of eighteen to work?

Possessions: Carries a handy little weapon known as the Peculiar Parasol, a large (and I do mean large) black umbrella hemmed with torn lace that's excellent at striking away any kind of feelings of attachment and reaching things with the crook and tip. The tip is sharpened, and could probably poke someone's eyes out if he weren't paying attention. Due to his small stature, it does noticeably slow down his descent  and his alone if falling. Otherwise, a normal umbrella that he'll often use to hit things in a comedic fashion. Utterly useless in rain

Additional Info: Has a strange affinity for over-sized clothing and sweaters. [Speaks with an accent.] Has a high metabolism. Often hits things that say something he disagrees with, before apologizing for hitting them regardless of whether it's alive or not. Hates doing nothing.

On 7/10/2016 at 0:34 PM, Ysulyan said:

Just wanted to clarify that when I mentioned I was going to publish my char sheet, it was the one I showed and used in that private co-op rp on Skype

So... I'm in. If you need the sheet again just tell me, 

Yep, please put it here for the convenience of everyone else.

On 5/18/2016 at 9:41 PM, Weirdobob said:

No twisting the actual story, or trying to add your own plot points. Look bud I already wrote this ages ago I ain't having you ruin it

I remember reading my trusty ol' Dungeon Master's Guide, and watching hours worth of videos when it comes to running such events. The thing I've seen pop up a dozens of times is "Whatever you do, never plan too far ahead with just one idea. You NEVER know what your players will do". I recall hearing about a DM that ended up having his entire group decide to blow up all the pillars of an over-water city, submerging the entire area and ruining weeks upon weeks of his planed work! The philosophy theorizes players are generally happier when they feel like they have impact on a story, and not something akin to Firewatch, where no matter what actions you choose throughout the entire game, it all runs the same way.

Still though, there are some who love Firewatch.

I understand your need for a straightforward story line, and I shall respect that. Though my first bit of text was expressing some opposing thoughts, I am quite intrigued and would like to join. I must question, however, what... is the story? Where is this "Singleplayer" story I can't seem to find? I have no idea how to create a character because, after reading this entire thing, I still have no clue what is going on. May I please have some context and clarification?

Thank you.

And sorry if I'm a butt.

Imma big butts.

7 minutes ago, vingw said:

Imma big butts.

Well, let me clear up what I meant -

I meant no adding to the background, or the lore or anything. Unless like, you used the time machine, which does open infinite possibilities for it.....

The roleplay itself is open world and while it does have multiple "Endings" it's still playable past the endings and doesn't even have to end (Like Skyrim or whatever) and the "plot" only progresses as the player wants it to progress and they can even do some things "Out of order" or completely ignore the "plot" entirely and do their own thing. Even though the plot isn't much of a plot but is more of just.. finding 8 characters.

Anyway, I just meant like don't make this some screwy sonic fanfic by editing your half into the backstory. It should be something that goes without reason, but I've seen some people...

14 minutes ago, vingw said:

I must question, however, what... is the story? Where is this "Singleplayer" story I can't seem to find? I have no idea how to create a character because, after reading this entire thing, I still have no clue what is going on. May I please have some context and clarification?

The point is to be thrown in blind (:

Of course, you could ask a veteran player such as @ImDaMisterL or @MenaAthena for their knowledge on what they think the hey-now is happening.

Besides, this thread is mostly for your guys' speculations and theories and lore-puzzle-piecing-together, and If you know them, spoilers are allowed here, just put them in spoilers as not everyone wants them ruined. (And @Mezukie, you're disqualified from doing that as you know... all of it.)

24 minutes ago, vingw said:

Now I can spend the next two hours trying to ponder what species of characters I'm even allowed to use. HOORAY.

I recommend anything that isn't just some cute marshmallow, as cute marshmallows, even if they're super duper powerful though they don't look like it, will get stepped on and obliterated.

Except flufficorns, because they have essentially godmode.

Oh snap I don't have much time left revision here it comes

Spoiler

Character Name: Blewcheese (Blew)

Character Age: 16

Character Title: The Sandwich Monitor (original I know)

Character Species: Human

Character's Sexuality: Straight

Physical Description: The most notable thing about him is that he's not a skeleton. He wears a top hat that covers most of his short black hair. He's about 5'9. His skin would be pale, but there always seems to be a thin layer of some sort of ash or dust or something on it. A few burn marks here and there.

Psychological Description: He likes to try to make jokes out of literally anything. Tries not to take things seriously if he can help it. He takes not taking things seriously very seriously. Difficult to upset. Personal space is not his forte.

Personality: Friendly by default. He'll make jokes out of people's expense and not expect them to take offense.

Perks/Skills: He'll make you the best goshdarn sandwich you've ever had. Pretty damn good with explosives.

Fears: Doing something to make everybody hate him. Being hated.

Weaknesses: He's pretty fragile and weak. I doubt there are very many people he could beat in an arm wrestle.

Strengths: A good shot with almost any ranged weapon. Can accomplish some pretty weird science stuff (especially so if the desired result is explosive.)

Romanceable: Probably idk he loves sandwiches

Sex-able: <-- Sorry, singleplayer only!

Profession: Professional sandwich forger, one of the greatest in his craft. Ex-demolitionist/scientist of explody thingies.

Possessions: Sandwich supplies. Rocket launcher. Various explosives. Top hat.

Additional Info: I know very little about both sandwiches and explosive stuff so I'm just making all of this up as I go along sorry if I sound dumb

@vingw, there's a bit of information you might want to consider if you're giving your character magical abilities. Magic in this rp works by using up ... Magic points, I think? I was only explained this somewhat recently and I'm terrible with names, but it's basically mana. These points can be hard to come by early game, and you can only have so many at once (unless you increase the limit by acquiring actual hearts and sticking them in your chest). Every spell also has a chance of spawning a flufficorn instead of doing it's intended purpose. The bigger and more powerful the spell, the more points it uses and the more likely it's going to flop.

Oh, and another important thing - You can still join after the RP starts, however, note that the difficulty will NOT lift up for you and you will probably be very left out if you join when people get god-tier loot.

5 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

@vingw, there's a bit of information you might want to consider if you're giving your character magical abilities. Magic in this rp works by using up ... Magic points, I think? I was only explained this somewhat recently and I'm terrible with names, but it's basically mana. These points can be hard to come by early game, and you can only have so many at once (unless you increase the limit by acquiring actual hearts and sticking them in your chest). Every spell also has a chance of spawning a flufficorn instead of doing it's intended purpose. The bigger and more powerful the spell, the more points it uses and the more likely it's going to flop.

Are you sure it's mana, mena? It might be mena, mena. Or, mena, it could be manamena. Or perhaps menamana, mena?

6 minutes ago, Blewcheese said:

Are you sure it's mana, mena? It might be mena, mena. Or, mena, it could be manamena. Or perhaps menamana, mena?

It was originally mena, but it turns out @MenaAthena didn't like the concept of people being "Full of Mena"

Archived