Roleplay Information Thread - STILL OPEN(!)

Auth

What's the difference between chop beef and pea soup? Anybody can chop beef but nobody can pea soup!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Got an idea for something to be added to Weirdosity?

• Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  2. 2. Want a free cosmetic?

• YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah
  3. 3. Do you like Weirdosity?

• 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℍ!!!!!!!!
    • Not yeah

Still open? Might as well jump in.

Spoiler

Character Name: Liniker Stardust.

Character Age: 42 Earth-years old.

Character Title: The Idiotropic.

Character Gender: Transwoman.

Character Species: Starman.

Character's Sexuality: Bisexual.

Physical Description: 1.63m high and moderately built (not muscular, with enough extra fat not to have a defined body). Face description in the image below, which is a photo of an amazing teacher of the University of Chile who died earlier this year. I hope it's okay to you that I pay her this homage.

Spoiler

CgciA3vW8AEaVL-.jpg

Psychological Description: Schizophrenic, and as such subject to hallucinations, delusions, thought disorders, reduced pleasure and speaking, lack of initiative and motivation, reduced expressiveness.

Personality: Introspective to the point of seeming detached at times. When not depressed, she can be caring and cooperative despite demotivated, but otherwise capable of quickly becoming passive-aggressive if not accompanied by beings (real or imaginary) she is affectionate of. Takes much liking to the Observatory, Library, Coffee Shop and Ancient temple. 

Perks/Skills: Can shock brains to make targets unable to move and feel or at least act unusual, produce large amounts of concentrated heat on any area of her body and teleport up to 25m in any direction but in only one direction at a time. Also a poet and able to summon a garden gnome that does nothing besides staring.

Fears: Exceedingly wide smiles, running out of fusible material and the insights, opinions and ravings of the cuddly toys of camgirls.

Weaknesses: Not familiar with martial techniques (can't fight if it meant her life), mentally unstable when not comfortable and physically incapable of resisting the smell of lemon cake. Gets fatigued after teleporting five times in the span of an hour. Depressed.

Strengths: Wide range of cultural knowledge, outside-of-the-box thinking and a very complex dying process which involves her exploding. Finished a Genocide Route in Undertale without dying.

Romanceable: Hardly but yes.

Profession: Journalist.

Possessions: A pair of glasses, a dark brown bowler hat, a porous point pen and a flower-patterned notebook.

Additional Info: Really can't for a damned thing in the world resist the smell of lemon cake.

On 7/25/2016 at 8:45 PM, Altehaus said:

Still open? Might as well jump in.

Strengths: Finished a Genocide Route in Undertale without dying.

Truly an accomplishment. Very impressed. Totally.

Your character is fine, just be aware of how magic works, and that you won't be able to do anything with it until you get some mana (:

I'll spawn you in whenever you're good and ready.

~~~~~

Also, everyone else, I added a new character to the library of characters on the first page.

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Will it help this RP to not die? :p

A long time ago, people used to write books.

Books of adventure.

In these books, the heroes would go and explore their world, and go to new places to find new treasures, and new dangers.

Gee, wonder what people are doing in Weirdosity.

Oh yeah, the opposite of that.

Disclaimer: This joke is not meant to offend people. I'm just stating that if you want something to happen, it's up to you. I'm not going to baby step you through a world of over sixty characters and infinite possibilities. If you have taken offense to this joke, you will probably take a lot more offense later in Weirdosity.

Now, go out there and explore!

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

But can we get all the character applications in the OP plz n thank.

1 hour ago, Weirdobob said:

A long time ago, people used to write books.

Books of adventure.

In these books, the heroes would go and explore their world, and go to new places to find new treasures, and new dangers.

Gee, wonder what people are doing in Weirdosity.

Oh yeah, the opposite of that.

Disclaimer: This joke is not meant to offend people. I'm just stating that if you want something to happen, it's up to you. I'm not going to baby step you through a world of over sixty characters and infinite possibilities. If you have taken offense to this joke, you will probably take a lot more offense later in Weirdosity.

Now, go out there and explore!

Last time I tried doing that it didn't work out. So call me a little bit skeptical. 

7 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Truly an accomplishment. Very impressed. Totally.

Your character is fine, just be aware of how magic works, and that you won't be able to do anything with it until you get some mana (:

I'll spawn you in whenever you're good and ready.

~~~~~

Also, everyone else, I added a new character to the library of characters on the first page.

Can you spawn me in this saturday? By then I'll be good c:

Thanks

Roleplay Update

"The Dried Ink Update"

Changes, Additions, Fixes, The Like:

• The broken portal now requires the following items to activate: A hammer, 2 hats, a farming tool, a cloak, and 2 books. Note, these names are like this to prevent spoilers. You can't just staple a propeller beanie and a #1 soda drinkin' cap with a tractor to it and expect it to work.
  • There are now more robotic themed minibosses
  • Corruption corruption may corrupt quite a bit more than originally thought
  • A certain chair got a redesign
  • Added Ron, the Average Man
  • Added a rather forgetful person that spawns during Purity corruption
  • The belltower is now just that- A belltower. No clock anymore on half of it anymore.
  • The jungle is now only accessible after beating Boss #2
  • Added another 4 bosses, now for a grand total of eight
  • If Weirdo and Co. die during a boss fight, you are no longer presented with a game over
  • Added 2 "Perfect" endings
  • It's rabbit season
  • Steampunk corruption
  • Fixed an issue where the pop star wasn't spawning correct entities
  • More aliens!
  • Plot Convenience Inc. Space Department has expanded
  • Achievements are back (However, there are very little, and they are actual things you should be proud you achieved)
  • Added some liquid based enemies and minibosses (They absorb liquid based attacks as health, no matter the liquid)
  • Magma and Lava are no longer counted as liquids
  • Fixed an issue where the liquid based player/character/enemy additional damage buff wouldn't work if they were using an equipped tool rather than their fists
  • Buffed the pumpkin-guarding knight at Adventure Land (Base health is now 1,350 from 350. Yes, they now have another 1,000 health.)
  • Buffed the blade of eldritch flame (Deals more bash damage, has a special charge attack that uses 10 mana)
  • Buffed the twister staff (Can now summon a small twister for only 15 mana, instead of only giant town-wrecking ones for 100)
  • Buffed the star rod (No longer requires mana to use projectile attack)
  • Changed a cardboard box's drop loot
  • Something now lives underneath the clocktower
  • You can now encrust all types of blades with diamonds to make them both faster and deal more piercing damage
  • Vulgulls now only corrupt when they're angry (Or commanded to do so by their owner, if it is tamed)
  • Replaced the toy store with a school
  • Added a small little church (Raises sanity and karma, commits player to "Pure" tag when used 5 times consecutively)
  • Worshipping with cultists at the temple 5 times consecutively commits player to "Dark" tag
  • Adventure Land's broken portal now requires a sword, a hat, an axe, and a crown
  • Corrupted mode's broken portal is now fully functional upon actually managing to find it, meaning it's no longer broken
  • Characters who's minds reach beyond physics now have... "selective" memory when put into a new game
  • Boats now sail the ocean

• Developer

Corruption Purity anymore

These words repeat for some reason... ?

Achievements are back

\0-0/

Something now lives underneath the clocktower

It's the grumpy old troll who lives under the clocktower!

9 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

It had a bright future...

If only you were a bit more active...

But alas, life sucks. We understand. *pat pat*

I'm mostly waiting for folks to do things.

I'd love to describe rain 800 times until someone decides to move as much as the next guy, but that's not how good writing works, from what I've been told. Bores the readers.

My pit of inactivity didn't help, I know, and vince hasn't been back since, so, that's something.

9 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

So, there is a chance this continue if people start doing things?

For everyone that keeps doing things and staying active, I'll keep it going for them, I see no problem with that. For everyone else, I'm not their mom.

I'm waiting for some interaction with my character :/ it's obvious that I'm gonna stay inside due to the storm but I don't wanna continue saying "Dragon Mage sat alone at that table by the window"

From what I've read so far, no one in the restaurant has done anything yet (unless that pic I posted counts as something). Maybe we need some new characters...

On 8/30/2016 at 6:34 PM, Chris1488 said:

Maybe just give the plot a push in the right direction to get things rolling. I really want this RP to stick around. Please Weirdo, I love you and want to have your babies.

Hey @ImDaMisterL, go break a blender

On 8/30/2016 at 7:42 PM, DragonMage156 said:

1) I'm waiting for some interaction with my character :/ it's obvious that I'm gonna stay inside due to the storm but I don't wanna continue saying "Dragon Mage sat alone at that table by the window"

2) from what I've read so far, no one in the restaurant has done anything yet (unless that pic I posted counts as something).

3) Maybe we need some new characters...

1) It has come to my attention that potentially everyone in there is an introvert. May be an issue. That or some people forgot this even exists.
Look. They key to Weirdosity is that the unnatural acts natural, it's magical realism. Some characters I have do have the personality to just hop around and talk to everyone they know and don't know about how much they love their stepfather and their hair issues, but not every single one does, as having about 60 characters with the same copy-paste personality wouldn't be a fun and unique experience, it'd just be Weirdo plastered 60 times in different outfits. And while Weirdo's fun sometimes, I'm pretty sure you'd go bananas in a world full of the same person.
So, what I'm trying to say is, if you want to talk to someone, or someone to sit with you, y'might wanna lasso em over.
With words.
Not everyone can see looks or gestures. (Note: I'm not trying to be rude please don't get mad at me I'm sorry don't kill me)

2) You're right. Maybe they should do something.

3) Weirdosity is full of characters - They just don't introduce themselves to you right away, some need to be unlocked, some need to be found, some come after certain events, some just show up gradually. The place relies on exploration, (or at least, having had explored) and don't worry, as soon as I finish writing this, I'm adding something to the main post to help people get around.

Archived