1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. Know I see where the Twitter sign came from XD
  2. Also the other statues (heads) look like dupes :p
  1. I wanted to express how I see myself when I go on twitter.um.png.cb2da1e9ee0357c6dfed290bf540f5d7.png5b0cece6cb361_Wilsonthebedtimereporter.png.1e15891601fd12164036a854f3b80087.png
  2. Harp_Statue_Head.png?version=e0aabd44630Demonic dupes...?

5912641177cc9_starverquestwendaandJessicillo.png.5d0fb2a56257a0b1836249930e50cccc.png

5b0cee54bd25d_Wendydoodleswithkhalamarikid.png.ba4003a1c770c3b2b949a720997519bb.png

Thought I'd have some fun with Wendy's hobby of doodling with the Khalamari Kid from DQ8. One of the moves the squid does is doodle out of boredom, so thought it'd be something cute. Of course, Wendy(like her uncle) channels her inner goth.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2018 at 12:33 AM, minespatch said:

I prefer showing the ingame clock to add a more authentic look to the game. The trailers feature more natural moons and suns but I prefer the fakeness of the game clock.

'The trailers feature more natural moons and suns, but I prefer fakeness.' 

This sentence made me giggle. 

On 5/29/2018 at 1:10 AM, minespatch said:

5b0cee54bd25d_Wendydoodleswithkhalamarikid.png.ba4003a1c770c3b2b949a720997519bb.png

Thought I'd have some fun with Wendy's hobby of doodling with the Khalamari Kid from DQ8. One of the moves the squid does is doodle out of boredom, so thought it'd be something cute. Of course, Wendy(like her uncle) channels her inner goth

Wendy and Abigail are wearing interesting attire here, but I don't know where it belongs to. 
I think you got Wendy's expression exceptionally well though. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. "'The trailers feature more natural moons and suns, but I prefer fakeness.' "This sentence made me giggle.
  2. Wendy and Abigail are wearing interesting attire here, but I don't know where it belongs to. 
  3. I think you got Wendy's expression exceptionally well though. 
  1. IT's something I keep repeating to my aesthetic on the game. The whole game resembles a fake stage, so that's what I want to represent with my work.
  2. main_visual_5.pngMeena and Maya from Dragon Quest 4.
  3. I based the lidded eyes from her triumphant portrait. Usually I try my best not to have her emote to fit in character(though the trailers are mixed when it comes to that).
5 hours ago, AretMaw said:

I actually cried so hard when I saw this xD

Same, I loved that face, I memed it.

5b0f86ac798b4_Westhecravendirector.thumb.png.4414f761a15ed1a1b47e0b82cf3b317c.png

Another one off the to-do list. Wes surrounded by Wes Craven characters. Kind of inspired by a publicity shot with the director. Shot it'd be funny, especially to have the usually cool triumphant Wes suddenly having fear kick in.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b0f86ac798b4_Westhecravendirector.thumb.png.4414f761a15ed1a1b47e0b82cf3b317c.png

Another one off the to-do list. Wes surrounded by Wes Craven characters. Kind of inspired by a publicity shot with the director. Shot it'd be funny, especially to have the usually cool triumphant Wes suddenly having fear kick in.

You seem much more aware of many more references and things than I, I also don't know what's going on here as much... It's interesting to see you draw Triumphant Wes though, it really looks like him. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

IT's something I keep repeating to my aesthetic on the game. The whole game resembles a fake stage, so that's what I want to represent with my work.

I didn't know it resembled a fake stage. I like including small things like sanity meters though for cartoonish implications though, so it can definitely be fun to include bits of the game's HUD. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

You seem much more aware of many more references and things than I, I also don't know what's going on here as much... It's interesting to see you draw Triumphant Wes though, it really looks likeh him. 

150831_BB_WesCraven.jpg.CROP.promo-xlargHe's a horror film director. Tried to borrow a idea from this.Thanks.:wilson_smile:

10 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I didn't know it resembled a fake stage. I like including small things like sanity meters though for cartoonish implications though, so it can definitely be fun to include bits of the game's HUD.

maxresdefault.jpgimage.thumb.png.73767a396eb04139237f3db73d8a2c91.png

The fakeness is on purpose though. In Don't Starve lore, Maxwell shaped the world once he was pulled into the Codex Umbra. The stage shown above is his final act. See how similar it is to the game world?

5b10e73717233_Wilsonpinesforatree.png.94f1f0baead1349c72c5ecc9606862d8.png

Simple drawing of a quote Wilson says. Thought it was a silly line, so I imagine this is how he looks when saying it. Chester's not sure what the scientist is doing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

See how similar it is to the game world?

I did notice that, yeah. I didn't know it had that much of a connection though, because there was some scene (I forgot the name) where it zoomed in and showed a rose, and his book, and the place looked much more real... So I never assumed any air of fakeness to it. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2018 at 10:40 AM, gallusvarius said:

I did notice that, yeah. I didn't know it had that much of a connection though, because there was some scene (I forgot the name) where it zoomed in and showed a rose, and his book, and the place looked much more real... So I never assumed any air of fakeness to it. 

You're talking about Resumpterus. This happened right after last act and I theorize that this is in the Codex Umbra.

Man... Codex Umbra in the Codex Umbra. I'm getting dizzy.57d88eaf3fbda_arielcrashescopy.png.f4477e568355dc01195b75672d7c6f8e.png

On 2/23/2017 at 10:34 PM, ImpactedTooth said:
On 2/23/2017 at 6:09 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Omg! Smallbird and Morb! Right now! (That is... if you want...)

Sure! Never done a small bird before.iK4ceEh.png

5b138cdd2cc5c_smallbirdinvitesmorbfriends.thumb.png.38fee34788195919cbbc87907a5dbd4a.png

Smallbird tries to plead his mommy to let his friends stay over. "Can we keep these disease ridden amoebas for awhile? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase?"

5b138cd95bd13_Winonachecksrosettefashion.thumb.png.4ee4ab27e0b473ec215584789d30c4bb.png

If someone has the concept lineup of the DS rosette skin set, please link. I don't have it on my computers(but I do have a color print out in my ref book). The one Winona is holding is the previous design before they fixed it. The "blush" actually was a unintentional effect from the paper texture. Thought it'd be nice to have her holding a parasol like a Gibson girl.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

ou're talking about Resumpterus. This happened right after last act and I theorize that this is in the Codex Umbra.

Man... Codex Umbra in the Codex Umbra. I'm getting dizzy.57d88eaf3fbda_arielcrashescopy.png.f4477e568355dc01195b75672d7c6f8e.png

Possibly, but it looks very much like the stage, the whole scene does.
Perhaps, instead of the constant fashioned after the stage, the stage was fashioned after the constant? I mean, he was in connection of some kind with Them while in the business, right? I have to wonder why a magician would set his backdrop as a forest instead of a galaxy or stars or something much more 'magical.' 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b138cd95bd13_Winonachecksrosettefashion.thumb.png.4ee4ab27e0b473ec215584789d30c4bb.png

If someone has the concept lineup of the DS rosette skin set, please link. I don't have it on my computers(but I do have a color print out in my ref book). The one Winona is holding is the previous design before they fixed it. The "blush" actually was a unintentional effect from the paper texture. Thought it'd be nice to have her holding a parasol like a Gibson girl.

This is a nice picture of Winona's rose skin. There's not a whole lot out there for Winona, much less her rose skin... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. Possibly, but it looks very much like the stage, the whole scene does.Perhaps, instead of the constant fashioned after the stage, the stage was fashioned after the constant? I mean, he was in connection of some kind with Them while in the business, right? I have to wonder why a magician would set his backdrop as a forest instead of a galaxy or stars or something much more 'magical.'
  2. This is a nice picture of Winona's rose skin. There's not a whole lot out there for Winona, much less her rose skin... 
  1. You're not wrong. What's just concerning is that MAxwell describes the world of the Constant as a "void. dust, MERMS, and THEM". So not sure why Maxwell added a forest. Maybe it's his meditation spot?5aefdeba06b63_wilsonthonc.png.e1a6c19d47df44913f8d49249edbad85.png
  2. I like Winona's rosette skin(I'm fine with all her skins) but this was a chance to tackle something on concepts. Thanks bud. The rosette skin has a Gibson girl touch, so if I want to do more Gibson girl stuff, Winona would be the one to tackle.

5b14e6915138d_lucythrownintheskywithgemonds.thumb.png.4192002ba68b67b93ce9f9325c4ce63e.png

Another one off the to-do list. "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" a la yellow submarine movie style. Wolfgang was chosen due to his mustache and he looks closest to those tv head guys from the movie. It's bizarre but guess it'll grab attention?

5b14e68eedd3b_Surfingonchesters.thumb.png.4fb2d01e62c104f6b5a81a8be91b1fdb.png

Didn't even slap a paper texture on this one. I just used the cloning/stamp tool for the chesters.:wilson_ecstatic:

This one was during the dev stream where someone substituted for Jouste. They drew Chester for the new Instagram filter and I thought it;d be fun to have Wilson crowd surf on  my cat clones while also balancing on Walani's surfboard.

I did not expect the cloud effects to look so cool! Just did some simple soft brush dashs and did some layer effects to get the look it has. So when I do art, I have no idea how the executed effect will look but I'm really impressed. Felt even confident enough not to add a paper texture on this one. Wilson's expression killed me.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

You're not wrong. What's just concerning is that MAxwell describes the world of the Constant as a "void. dust, MERMS, and THEM". So not sure why Maxwell added a forest. Maybe it's his meditation spot?

Well, maybe because he found the Codex Umbra within a forest, I think? Train crashed into circus thingy, few no recorded survivors other than wild circus monkeys, and William who then wandered off into a forest, right? Where he found that book?... My memory may be foggy on the details for all I know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Wooooooo Beatles. I'm looking forward to that one.

You just saw it. It's the Wolfgang piece. Based it on this image: play_icon_overlay.png

4 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Well, maybe because he found the Codex Umbra within a forest, I think? Train crashed into circus thingy, few no recorded survivors other than wild circus monkeys, and William who then wandered off into a forest, right? Where he found that book?... My memory may be foggy on the details for all I know.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/4/dark-enlightenment.html

TRAGIC TRAIN CRASH
Circus wagon struck at crossing
Many passenger injuries reported
Elephant unharmed
A passenger train struck a circus wagon that had broken down along the tracks at the Old Mill crossing. Dozens of passengers were injured, and at least one man is missing. The missing man has yet to be identified, but fellow passengers described him as a tall, nervous fellow with an English accent. A search party was convened but quickly abandoned when it became apparent that a (Second column begins after tear in the first column) cage full of potentially dangerous trained monkeys had been vacated in the collision. Given the remoteness of the crash site, the scorching desert sun, and the escaped animals, the missing man has been presumed dead.
This is the third such incident at the crossing since the railway's construction in 1875, but the first to involve a circus wagon. Local businessman and railway investor Harold J. Rutherford assured this publication that all portinant safety precautions had been taken, but no one could have foreseen the appearance of such a dangerous blockage on the tracks 

The date of the paper is August 23, 1904.

5b1627506e6c1_breakdancecrowoftheconstant.thumb.png.40ef1c5214a74cae8f25ad133a7a1ff9.png

I get a kick out of the animation when the birds are freed from Lureplants. They hobble on the floors like breakdancers(latest?cb=20130806180056). So I lived up to my imagination and made this silliness. Yes. That Canary is wearing a Codex Umbra tank.Sell this ESC.

Not sure why I made the cardinal have Rastafarian coloring for his clothes. Does this count as furry?588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 4

The only connection with music and Don't Starve characters I've made is that Maxwell would probably make a good screamo-style metal vocalist. Especially if he grew his hair out.

Oh, and Lucy is a metalhead. Because her head is made out of metal. The same could be said of WX-78.

You might be able to guess my favourite genre of music.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

the scorching desert sun, and the escaped animals, the missing man has been presumed dead.

Oh, it was a desert he found the codex in? Thank you. 

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

5b1627506e6c1_breakdancecrowoftheconstant.thumb.png.40ef1c5214a74cae8f25ad133a7a1ff9.png

I get a kick out of the animation when the birds are freed from Lureplants. They hobble on the floors like breakdancers(latest?cb=20130806180056). So I lived up to my imagination and made this silliness. Yes. That Canary is wearing a Codex Umbra tank.Sell this ESC.

Not sure why I made the cardinal have Rastafarian coloring for his clothes. Does this count as furry?588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

My friend was pretty alarmed when she first saw this flopping when releasing a pet bird of our's in exchange for another. Said it flopped about like a fish. 

Like it was a fish-bird. 
I have to agree, they look like they forgot what species of animal they were... Like they think they're a fish flopping on land for a moment before they realize they're actually birds and then fly away. 

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2018 at 3:07 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

FYI, that's just when a bird is placed on the ground in some manner.

I just notice it a lot when lureplants are slain.57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png

On 6/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. The only connection with music and Don't Starve characters I've made is that Maxwell would probably make a good screamo-style metal vocalist. Especially if he grew his hair out.
  2. Oh, and Lucy is a metalhead. Because her head is made out of metal. The same could be said of WX-78.
  3. You might be able to guess my favourite genre of music.
  1. Scream-o state a-la Christopher Lee.
  2. Did Wilson write this?
  3. YES.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png
On 6/5/2018 at 8:42 PM, DragonMage156 said:
  1. I wonder why the snowbird, redbird and canary dressed in clothes :p
  2. They need to get an outfit for the crow once he gets up >u<
  1. Yes, had to reference what they were doing. Their poses wouldn't count./
  2. I'll draw it but if you designed the bird some clothes, I'll add it to the refs.
On 6/6/2018 at 1:52 AM, gallusvarius said:
  1. Oh, it was a desert he found the codex in? Thank you. 
  2. My friend was pretty alarmed when she first saw this flopping when releasing a pet bird of our's in exchange for another. Said it flopped about like a fish. Like it was a fish-bird. I have to agree, they look like they forgot what species of animal they were... Like they think they're a fish flopping on land for a moment before they realize they're actually birds and then fly away. 
  1. Yeah, I love the William Carter puzzles a lot,
  2. I know:wilson_ecstatic:I'd be flopping around too if I was vored by a plant and spat out.

5b18e7ed221e2_Wigfridstriumphanttentaclevictory.thumb.png.ceddd481aa42f01956f883fa9bef7a1b.png

Decided to make this today than tomorrow since tomorrow I got a skin trader comic I want to finish. Mainly need this for a ref for a Forge drawing I want to make. It references her, the spear, and two other players blowing darts. So yeah. The tone for this piece during coloring was based on Bugs Life when the "Warriors" survive the can roll.

5b18e7ef3466d_Wolfgangsportsaspikedhelmet.thumb.png.e6815d6659c94681dbd0464984e33f6c.png

Here's Military Wolfgang wearing a spiked helmet. Turns out Shelmet is another helmet and it took me a while to find the image again for color ref. I copy pasted the spikes since I forgot to draw them in. Wasn't sure for background, so I did something similar to the hiphop bird drawing.

I hope military Wolfgang becomes official in the future. IT's a simple but important skin to his history. Just as much as lobotomy Woodie is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I'll draw it but if you designed the bird some clothes, I'll add it to the refs.

I can't even design a hairstyle myself >u<; but I recall mentioning before that I suck at fashion without some ideas, inspiration or refs.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

5b18e7ed221e2_Wigfridstriumphanttentaclevictory.thumb.png.ceddd481aa42f01956f883fa9bef7a1b.png

My beloved spiral spear!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, minespatch said:

Decided to make this today than tomorrow since tomorrow I got a skin trader comic I want to finish. Mainly need this for a ref for a Forge drawing I want to make. It references her, the spear, and two other players blowing darts.

Interesting to see you draw her and to see the different skins and items here. Having her stand triumphantly on a slain tentacle stump was very a very fitting bit to add.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. I can't even design a hairstyle myself >u<; but I recall mentioning before that I suck at fashion without some ideas, inspiration or refs.
  2. My beloved spiral spear!!
  1. I'll work on something later.57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png
  2. Yeah, it gave me a chance to tackle that.:wilson_smile:
17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Wilson, Master of Puns.

Wilson's forge mastery should've been Punomancy.

9 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

I just noticed how thin the spike is compared to the tentacle.

Tentacles_around_Merms.jpg?version=a75b5Here's for size comparison if you're curious.

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Interesting to see you draw her and to see the different skins and items here. Having her stand triumphantly on a slain tentacle stump was very a very fitting bit to add.

I decided to work on this due to having the sprite sheet of the cut tentacle for some reason. Figured Wigfrid should go for it, and the GOH skin makes her look like a knight. Thought it'd be epic.

5b1a2f8c92b3e_Skintradersgrandthreftchairquest.thumb.png.ae9b0fed50909a1563ab0033ecb3c392.png

Skin Trader commits grand theft chair. It must be tiring standing all the time.  Though how'd he find his way to the Screecher?

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

5b1b82e635a20_Skellingtonskinswithportraits.thumb.png.ea8fe62736419723198826e6318c8bce.png

Going to do a @DragonMage156 and make skins for a character I don't even own but want to make a mod of. As the image says, he is a demon of light and thet'll be the name of the mod when it's made due to there being a Jack Skellington mod already. This mod would have anatomy closer to Maxwell's NPC form, so yeah.

5b1b82f0a2021_Skellingtonconstantskins.thumb.png.6e7fb523b21ba2fed1ae446bcf558707.png

These skins are based on his outfits from Oogie's Revenge and three are basically my design. Triumphant, Guest of Honor, Survivor, Roseate, and Snowfallen are outfits he's worn in canon. Hallowed Nights, Forge, and Verdant are mine. Thought he'd be a spitter due to his spider movements. The Forge was based after a KRatos fanart I did in high school, then Verdant is a combo of his pumpkin meets a friendly scarecrow.

Finding color refs for all were hard to find(except for spitter). So relieved to find and finish this tonight.

• Like 5