16 hours ago, minespatch said:

appreciating doc's work.png

I'll now draw your fullbody version but I felt like doing a reply piece for thanks in doing this at all. I swear, most of the time my person keeps going "ooooohh" I hear Chris Sanders Stitch in my head.

[Snip!]

Hey, thanks a bunch! Nice job with these works, the Don't Starve and Haunted Mansion crossover pieces really are a match made in heaven, love the way you go about them. I'm also a fan of the pose in the Mirrormask-inspired picture, makes me think Wilson is flinching away from the hands.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2016 at 4:47 PM, Doc_Clockwork said:

Hey, thanks a bunch! Nice job with these works, the Don't Starve and Haunted Mansion crossover pieces really are a match made in heaven, love the way you go about them. I'm also a fan of the pose in the Mirrormask-inspired picture, makes me think Wilson is flinching away from the hands.

That's the point actually and I'm glad it's conveyed that you understand it. Thanks so much and guess what?

doc concerned.png

Another Doc piece! Thanks so much for doing that sheet. The color scheme helped a lot getting a more clean look from the character.

Due to most of these pieces being drawn on receipts, I might do more oc giftart like this to get that nice wrinkly texture around the character while leveling and sharpening the lines for the character to give a focus. Don't want to go straight out monochrome. So this definitely works in the piece's favor.

hat box ghost taunts wendy.png

Yup, did another crossover. Maybe I should've colored this one but I didn't have enough time tonight. Was busy working on finishing this book of life piece that took me three weeks to finish(thanks horrible flu).

22 hours ago, Bebbit said:

oh jeez I'm beautiful

now to draw another reply ::::)

|D.pngI jumped the gun...

On 6/12/2016 at 3:01 PM, Bebbit said:

Aaand, here's a very quick sketch of Wilson flipping the bird with his floating hand. It's what I linked when someone asked about what I was drawing after I posted about having messed up on some lineart. I might be the second biggest jerk in the Skype chat.

(warning: it's a very quick sketch of Wilson flipping the bird with his floating hand)

Hide contents

lebird.png

GOLLY THIS WAS REALLY BAD TIMING IT ISN'T DIRECTED AT YOU MINESPATCH YOU'RE GREAT

seth rogan's don't starve.pngWhat if Seth Rogen did Don't Starve... |D;;;;mushroomtrip wilson.pngAlso, here's the inks to see how I fixed it.

arting ariel.pngReference to this lovely gif:latest?cb=20140502173821

Inspired by @toki-wartoothxx's reupload of her old Science meme with all the characters doing the same pose.

jeffry combs wilson.png

Jeffery Combs as Wilson. I just want this man to play the character badly. With David Warner as Maxwell/William Carter. I haven't seen these two in a film together so it'd be great.

On 6/12/2016 at 0:26 AM, Mack18853 said:

JoesephineW.pngDrew the Title Fairy for the heck of it, I think it turned out pretty good imo.

joeplsgibtitle;-;

title fairy.png

I was compelled to redraw.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Did you hear? A while back on DA, she said she removed Weejay from the DS fandom. I think it was because of hate or something.

I did. I'm happy I'll still get to know her character Weejay, but I'm disappointed that there were people who gave her a hard time for the character. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2016 at 9:04 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

Response 2.jpeg
I hath discovered @minespatch's hooman form and decided to bring it up in my reply (since we're in the midst of a reply war, i think???)

toki is ariels fwweeeeeeind.png

I turned into Ludo from Labyrinth, kek. More of a Hoggle fan but I appreciate my fweeeeeinnnnd.

On 6/14/2016 at 9:04 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

casual stalking.jpeg

I did this because I wanted to join in on this thing @Bebbit and @minespatch are doing. (I'm the bush.)

sneajking on the bebbit.png

Why's da Toki into espionage all of a sudden? topkek.png

A wild @Bebbit's been spotted.

On 6/14/2016 at 0:34 AM, Bebbit said:

@minespatch

noticed.png

hands.png

i should not draw while tired

star warsin will be the hot new trend.png

Time to do the Star Wars tradition of hand cutting and make it a fad.

On 6/13/2016 at 8:37 PM, WaddleDee said:

@LiptonPee

4DLHZJb.png

And this I just drew last night. Because Lipton never shares her hamburgers.

On 6/14/2016 at 3:45 PM, DwerBomb said:

Lipton, you're not you when you're hungry

dwar tries to give sense to lipton.png

I'm so sorry guys... |D.png

weirdobob in his element.pngBobby locates.png

Trying to do character portraits like I did with @Doc_Clockwork's piece. I want to give the receipt texture more emphasis to the piece than my previous sterile drawings. So here's @Weirdobob and @Quoth143's Bobby. Wanted to do a colored version of Bobby since the last one was just a leveled digitalized scan rather than my scrapbook touch. With Weirdobob, I've seen the character around the forum but wanted my try at the specter.

wilson hair puzzle.png

I'm trying to reevaluate Wilson's hair. There's a actual science to his silhouette but I've been adding extra curls to the hair when it should be just one curl and two spikes. Makes me think back in the day when I was a big Sideshow Bob fan and studied the palmtree frond hair style that Brad Bird worked on when redesigning the character's second appearance on the simpsons.

mixup at klei and dc.png

Here's my attempt at getting Wilson's hair more defined. Though... Some people feel his hair is similar to the joker, I'm getting more Bruce Timm Ra's Al Ghul vibes. Makes me kind of laugh when I'm rereading my copy of Mad Love and seeing the story with Etrigan and Ra's.

20160615-Wilson encounters the cuphead devil.png

Didn't expect to make this a fully digitalized piece. Originally I wanted to do Wilson in his Klei style but matching the Klei and Cuphead styles would be a mess so I used @The Letter W's rubberhose Wilson for inspiration to get the right tone. I was impressed with the short trailer for the new game Cuphead

Spoiler

that I just had to combine both games. It appeals to my love for Faustian deal stories. Didn't want to copy the exact shadowplay, so I changed the direction of what the shadows were doing.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I probably should've added a beast or two with her but that would've been a repeat of my last piece. Just glad to do a colored version of Bobby for you. :wilson_goodjob:

She still looks awesome even without the beasts! Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

20160615-Wilson encounters the cuphead devil.png

Didn't expect to make this a fully digitalized piece. Originally I wanted to do Wilson in his Klei style but matching the Klei and Cuphead styles would be a mess so I used @The Letter W's rubberhose Wilson for inspiration to get the right tone. I was impressed with the short trailer for the new game Cuphead

Reveal hidden contents

that I just had to combine both games. It appeals to my love for Faustian deal stories. Didn't want to copy the exact shadowplay, so I changed the direction of what the shadows were doing.

well done! the toon style is fun, isn't it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Letter W said:

well done! the toon style is fun, isn't it? 

It's why I'm asking for help on a future piece involving the pincushion man. Your pieces really helped me out with it. I highly commend you for delving into the style.

Used to watch a lot of Famous Studios Caspar and Popeye cartoons on Boomerang before going to high school each morning, yet John K's blog helped out explain the mechanics of classic comic art(I love his Dennis the menace panel breakdowns).

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It's why I'm asking for help on a future piece involving the pincushion man. Your pieces really helped me out with it. I highly commend you for delving into the style.

Used to watch a lot of Famous Studios Caspar and Popeye cartoons on Boomerang before going to high school each morning, yet John K's blog helped out explain the mechanics of classic comic art(I love his Dennis the menace panel breakdowns).

ah i'm glad i could help! i just took it up because i thought it'd be a neat style to draw in. it's probably one of the most fun ones i've learned! i'll be honest, i decided to do it back when cuphead was debuted because dang, i for whatever reason hadn't realized how fun it could look! 

my advice in it is keep it simple. break characters down to your basic shapes and if they're detailed, you really have to pick and choose which ones you keep! they were meant to be easy to animate so you don't want a bunch of complicated shapes on them. circles and triangles are mostly what i use, they contrast well! 

• Like 1

healing da toki.png

My poor bud @toki-wartoothxx is currently recovering from a Wisdom tooth removal surgery so I'm trying to use classic potato cup medical cures to lessen the wounds.... I think.

On 6/16/2016 at 0:00 AM, Mezukie said:

@Mobbstar and I added @Zeklo because you'd be lonely without another!

Gentleman's club.jpeg

crashing a manly tea party.png

Welp, seems like I crashed in for a dose of kleptomania.

dara and the beeaphiles.png
Ever since @Dara999 did that bee character, the artist's thread has been overrun with Bee and horse puns.

anatomy of a skelederp.png

Official Ariel the skelederp sheet with color schemes for particular outfits. I have these in real life but thought I'd display them here as a helpful guide on the character and just to have some more fun.

creak tom DS.png

Creaky Tom from Adult Swim's game Orphan Feast. Great game. Just like the Gorey type illustrations animated to a platforming title. Like my Miranda Lotto piece, wanted to do a bust of this particular character in the Don't Starve style... Yet it feels more closer to the game he's in.

packing too much.png

Expect this from me in real life. I tend to unnecessarily pack due to my ideas that I might be on a trip out of nowhere or such. Just something odd I have to work out on.

maxwell twopointo.png

Jumping the Oxygen not Included and Don't Starve crossover bandwagon. Kind of imagine Maxwell being a Hal9000 type. This is my attempt at trying to draw him as a machine... In space. kek

wilson's masculinity is challenged.png

A scene from Wilson: Life in the Dreamhouse. |D.png

Okay, okay. Just another tribute piece to @Quoth143's Resumpterus with Albert and Wilson having a brat-off. I quoted this particular line from Barbie life in the dreamhouse. Haven't watched the show in months but Rebeltaxi showed a particular scene in his latest video that just inspired me:

Spoiler

20160617-Wilson's ptsd is kicked by lance.png

Here I use poor Lance from Braindead13 to trigger Wilson's PTSD.  I actually like both everyman. They have their own way of working out things. Lance is kind of like Bugs Bunny with a 90s tude(I better hold myself back before John K strangles me). Though he really likes saying the phrase "heya pal" a lot that my apophenia struck again. Thought I'd toy around with colors as well. If I had more time instead of being interupted today due to my father, I could've smudged out the particles.

Spoiler

I highly recommend you check the video out. The game is like Dragon's Lair meets Looney Toons with horror elements. Choreography is well timed too. Very impressive animation.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

healing da toki.png

My poor bud @toki-wartoothxx is currently recovering from a Wisdom tooth removal surgery so I'm trying to use classic potato cup medical cures to lessen the wounds.... I think

It's so nice you're thinking of me bud. :)

I'm slowly but surely recovering. Thanks for your thoughts.

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

healing da toki.png

My poor bud @toki-wartoothxx is currently recovering from a Wisdom tooth removal surgery so I'm trying to use classic potato cup medical cures to lessen the wounds.... I think

It's so nice you're thinking of me bud. :)

I'm slowly but surely recovering. Thanks for your thoughts.

• Thanks 1