2 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. Tell ya what--whichever one you think would be the most fun to draw in this situation.  :)     It's not done yet, though...and if this is gonna be a mix of both our artwork styles, this should be good and WEIRD looking.  : P  Also...if you're gonna do that, I should probably give you the unblurry original, huh...
  2. (And...did you like my messy picture...?  I've hardly done Don't Starve fanart at all, so I haven't yet worked out my style with it.)
  3. And you meanie!  Give that kitty some pie!  I mean, I went around giving mine fruitcake all through the Winter's Feast season...which...is something your character doesn't even _want_ to eat but HEY, it's a sweet desserty thing and I didn't hog it all to myself, so there! (You wanna know the weirdest thing? My own cat, in real life, who has markings similar to a catcoon without the mask part, is a total sweet-tooth and his favourite sweet treat he's not supposed to eat?  PIE!  _And_ he'll even stand up and -tap!- you like that, sometimes, when he wants something.  It's INSANELY adorable.)
  1. I'm doing both, don't worry. :wilson_ecstatic:
  2. YES! I wouldn't mind if you did a art thread for both DS and non-ds stoof so I can see your progress.
  3. Well, actually the picture is based on me eating pumpkin pie and my two cats ganging up on me. Technically pumpkin pie is actually something healthy for cats.

Haha!  Ohmygod, _my_ cat is especially obsessed with pumpkin pie, specifically, too!  If I eat a piece and then leave the plate there, I sometimes turn around to see him licking..._not_ the leftover whipped cream, but the actual pie crumbs themselves.  Ha...

(Then again, there's the cat that would leap into the air trying to get powdered doughnuts out of your hand, the one who freaked out especially over muffin crumbs, and the one who once pushed a LEMON birthday cake off the counter to pop its lid off.  And it worked.  : P)

Awwww.  :)  I don't draw all that fast, especially these days, but I'm starting to get a little better?  Doing the Don't Starve art style (or anything even closeish) in MSPaint is haaarrrddd...  Especially since I'm drawing with a standard right-handed mouse but am actually LEFT-handed!  (The weirdest thing is--my style totally looks like my style _no matter which way I draw_.  This probably means something scientifcally significant about the brain...)

...Notorious

• Like 1

On 1/22/2017 at 3:27 PM, BOSSzombie said:

Year of the Horse.

...Which kind of makes me want a Hat skin that replaces your normal head with a Clockwork Knight version of this:

horse-mask_stable_grande.jpg?v=147025618

clockwork knight head mask.png

Thought this would be a fun idea to tackle. Though due to how long the clockwork knight is, I put the eyeholes in the neck area. The original photo had a plaid shirt, so that's why Woodie is the model here.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:40 PM, mewthemew said:

wybats.jpg

wiggis squees for bats.png

Poor Wiggis is oblivious to Waargh's pain. Though what Wiggis is saying is something I say all the time at the MegaBattie channel. Gotta love those kitty/puppy-like bug eyed babies.

On 3/2/2017 at 4:59 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

But the Antlion can go...chase a beetlemouse.

finding a bullmouse.png

While working on Chaotica's comic, my eyes wondered on a particular phrase on her massive essay. Just this cute idea spread in my mind of the antlion and Wilson finding a new species. I'll be reusing the bullmouse(i'll have to retackle this since I just realized she wrote "beetlemouse".ariel crashes copy.png

On 1/17/2017 at 5:18 PM, mochilo said:

This is the first time I see a rotten backpack!! I was even thinking this would be some brand new update. I was so afraid it would make my food rot faster too or something xDDD but as I read in some very old threads it is just a cosmetic change. And I love it!! Damn it's so good, I'm a big fan of the poop backpack but now I can't say if this thing makes it even better!!

20170117220234_1.jpg

modeling the soggy backpack.png

For the winter collection, Wes is sporting a fashionable rotten backpack. Might get you muddy but has the sophisticated rustic tone for your traveling needs.

Kidding, I just wanted to draw this just for the idea of how ridiculous it is to wear one. Kind of fun, even got to draw a broodling again.

On 2/8/2017 at 0:16 AM, CheeseNuggets101 said:

Not usually one to bring up something that was added that isn't released yet first but.... Klei...

What... is... THISf5725d3294.pngdab_loop, dab_pre, and dab_pst added in player_emotes... among some

On 2/8/2017 at 0:49 AM, minespatch said:

A sensual dance for the valentines day event~?

20170309-Wilson sultry dance.gif

I saw Arles's animation and wanted to add to the dance. Felt like there had to be a clapping part to it. Though it was a nightmare to animate since it needed in-betweens. I spent working on this for a entire night. Also, I highly recommend this music accompanying it.

On 2/8/2017 at 0:16 AM, CheeseNuggets101 said:

f5725d3294.png

wilson starts te dab trend.png

Instead of explaining anachronisms, I decided to do a theory comic on how such a "dance" would've started. With Wilson unintentionally creating a trend. From a spring cold to a dance craze, that's how the pigmen roll.

On 3/6/2017 at 5:01 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

20170305_174111.jpg

Bob can CRUSH THEM. CRUSH THEM

Akuma anticipates for a arahnid attack.png

So Bob lets Akuma take over for strength wise. Three spiders are easy but what happens when there's fifty...?

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 p1.png

charlie hound walking.png

Saw this classic painting on the art blog Rhade-Zapan and it reminded me of Charlie. Thought I'd have fun messing around with bot the Hound and Varg as the dogs she's walking. As well as toy around with the skins the game already has for Charlie's outfit. Something to match the painting.

SAM_2259.JPGSAM_2260.JPGSAM_2275.JPGSAM_2276.JPG

My biggest project to date is this painting. I haven't painted in a decade, so this is a fun exercise. I highly thank the person who ran the gallery for buying me the canvas to work from while my father bought the paints. He'll be using what's left over for a chair project we'll be putting at a painted chair auction that the gallery owner is also running.

This all started due to Andrea, the gallery owner, liking my doodle of the merm house in that picture I did of all the game houses. So she wanted me to do a piece on the Shipwrecked merm house. Originally I wanted to paint the house among the Marsh biome but after showing her my idea, she wanted a beach setting, so yeah...

1179.png

Rescanned this due to putting it on my traditional art account. I haven't put it in my portfolio for this reason. So yeah.

wendy gruff cosplays gothstarvers.png

I do the art for the webcomic Underbridge Internet. We have a goat called Wendy Gruff so that's where the inspiration came from. She has two brothers called Carl Jr and Hardy and I threw them in for the joke.

Walani fears the shaver.png

There's actually a quote on the wiki where Walani says "Don't get those near my legs!" when talking about the razor. Who is she saying that TO? :wilson_ecstatic:

skeledork skull collection.png

Here's a piece with all the skulls(Except for Winnie because I forgot to print her skull). Kind of a silly piece but I wanted to draw this.

skeledork's first gallery.png

So this week was my first art gallery. I'm really proud to finally sell my work among other artists. Though as you can see in my drain expression, I was really tired but awake at the event. Only had two hours of sleep due to the animation taking a while. I had two other pieces here, but the starver's stretching portrait piece was given a corner on its own and got a lot of attention. Fun day. Earlier that day I was starting the merm house painting.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I love how you kept little things as idenifiers and jokes Wolfgang still looks angry

I envy your fashion I'm stuck mostly sweatpants the JACKET ME WANT!
(your art does stick out like a sore thumb though I'm pround of you (why do I sound like a mom 0-0)

I'd say more but i'll keep this short I don't want a repeat of last time and I've been rather rambling today.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Donke60 said:
  1. I love how you kept little things as idenifiers and jokes Wolfgang still looks angry
  2. I envy your fashion I'm stuck mostly sweatpants the JACKET ME WANT!(your art does stick out like a sore thumb though I'm pround of you (why do I sound like a mom 0-0)
  3. I'd say more but i'll keep this short I don't want a repeat of last time and I've been rather rambling today.
  1. I forgot Wolfgang! Holy crap, thanks for telling me. :wilson_ecstatic:That's Maxwell, kek.
  2. Thrift stores really help. :wilson_smile:To be honest, I felt like a little kid there due to all the forty to fifty year old artists with just a few kids.
  3. Hey, at least you quoted what you wanted to quote. As long as you organize, that's all that matters. Thanks man. Keep it goin'.
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'll be reusing the bullmouse(i'll have to retackle this since I just realized she wrote "beetlemouse".ariel crashes copy.png

Still looks really cute. To avoid the same species being used for two creatures, you could change the bullmouse into a bullrat? :p

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Instead of explaining anachronisms, I decided to do a theory comic on how such a "dance" would've started. With Wilson unintentionally creating a trend. From a spring cold to a dance craze, that's how the pigmen roll.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how dab actually started XD

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

We have a goat called Wendy Gruff so that's where the inspiration came from. She has two brothers called Carl Jr and Hardy and I threw them in for the joke.

Not gonna lie, she actually looks pretty cool ^_^ kinda resembles the goat family in Undertale when you think about it :p

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. Still looks really cute. To avoid the same species being used for two creatures, you could change the bullmouse into a bullrat? :p
  2. Not gonna lie, she actually looks pretty cool ^_^ kinda resembles the goat family in Undertale when you think about it :p
  1. Hm... Rat and beetle? I wonder what a portmanteu animal name that would be and which creatures in Don't Starve would fit as a base?
  2. Well, goats are the obvious enemies of trolls. :wilson_ecstatic: My father wanted to play with the Goats Gruff dynamic, while toying around with Regular Show and fast food chain names.

Rat and beetle? I wonder what a portmanteu animal name that would be and which creatures in Don't Starve would fit as a base?

for me it would be beetle 
be a reetle
a horrific beauty in the world 
'smiles"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

for me it would be beetle , be a reetle a horrific beauty in the world 'smiles"

I'll see about printing your quote and some bug related monsters in the game for reference. Thanks guys. If you know of any insects in the game I can work off of, post pics here before tomorrow.

I'll see about printing your quote and some bug related monsters in the game for reference. Thanks guys. If you know of any insects in the game I can work off of, post pics here before tomorrow.

IDK
if Kiel really has any bug monster
besides monsquito's
the antilion I think is the closest your going to get
I imagine the Reetle centipede like anyway
the more I think about it the more graphic the creature becomes

I'm going to stop thinking about it before I scar myself with night terrors

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

wiggis squees for bats.png

Poor Wiggis is oblivious to Waargh's pain. Though what Wiggis is saying is something I say all the time at the MegaBattie channel. Gotta love those kitty/puppy-like bug eyed babies.

finding a bullmouse.png

Walani fears the shaver.png

1. :o you watch megabattie, too?! I love flying foxes! honestly, i thnk batdork does know of waargh's pain (or perhaps lack thereof since he's a zombie and maybe his nerves died off?) but is trying to make the situation better the only way he knows how. (EDIT: don't wanna be nitpicky, but...um....Batdork says bats are "COOT" ^^" it it a typo or an accent thing or....?)

2. dear god, i just realised how much antlion looks like one of those cheap glasses with built in eyebrows and nose and moustache. makes him a little less intimdating.

3. the start to a (and any, really) beautiful friendship. once i get back on track in terms of homework i think i'll do some warly and walani trying to survive together dispite clashing personalities pictures.

4. ALAS! poor yuric! you could do that scene tons and tons of times with that many skulls. or resurrect them. and tell them you had their skulls for ages but wanted to play shakespeare instead.

5. is that actually you? and is the picture being put up there real? if so CONGRATS!! <3 

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mewthemew said:
  1. 1. :o you watch megabattie, too?! I love flying foxes! honestly, i thnk batdork does know of waargh's pain (or perhaps lack thereof since he's a zombie and maybe his nerves died off?) but is trying to make the situation better the only way he knows how. (EDIT: don't wanna be nitpicky, but...um....Batdork says bats are "COOT" ^^" it it a typo or an accent thing or....?)
  2. 2. dear god, i just realised how much antlion looks like one of those cheap glasses with built in eyebrows and nose and moustache. makes him a little less intimdating.
  3. 3. the start to a (and any, really) beautiful friendship. once i get back on track in terms of homework i think i'll do some warly and walani trying to survive together dispite clashing personalities pictures.
  4. 4. ALAS! poor yuric! you could do that scene tons and tons of times with that many skulls. or resurrect them. and tell them you had their skulls for ages but wanted to play shakespeare instead.
  5. 5. is that actually you? and is the picture being put up there real? if so CONGRATS!! <3 
  1. Yup, I can only watch two or so videos per week, otherwise I get diabetes. :wilson_ecstatic:"Coot" is one of my baby-isms when I talk to my cats. kek.
  2. Unlike others, I actually like the antlion and the derpyness of what you described doesn't hurt.
  3. Alrighty, glad I inspired ya. :wilson_ecstatic:
  4. Oh man, imagine that as a future emoticon.
  5. Yooooop, that's me. Not really comfortable showing my face online nowadays, so I slapped a skeledork skull. Father helped me out with framing. IT was a nice night and the food was really great there. Rolled up sandwiches and sweet meatballs. I took a lot home for dinner for me and father so I didn't have to make dinner.ariel ID face copy.png
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:
  1. Yup, I can only watch two or so videos per week, otherwise I get diabetes. :wilson_ecstatic:"Coot" is one of my baby-isms when I talk to my cats. kek.
  2. Unlike others, I actually like the antlion and the derpyness of what you described doesn't hurt.
  3. Alrighty, glad I inspired ya. :wilson_ecstatic:
  4. Oh man, imagine that as a future emoticon.
  5. Yooooop, that's me. Not really comfortable showing my face online nowadays, so I slapped a skeledork skull. Father helped me out with framing. IT was a nice night and the food was really great there. Rolled up sandwiches and sweet meatballs. I took a lot home for dinner for me and father so I didn't have to make dinner.ariel ID face copy.png

1. I love the silly names she gives them. and the cockatiels. 

2. haven't played DST in ages because i'm still a bit bitter i can't play at college because of poor internet. but he looks quite cute.

4. but seriously, imagine everyone's reaction to knowing you had the ability to bring all the characters back to life, but just didn't want to for some reason or another for a long time.

5. oh wow, that sounds like an amazing evening! i've never personally had anything in an art gallery. (lie. i did once, but i was in elementary school, but i ws grounded and not allowed to go and see it. and i never did again. >.>) but i'm glad it did get a lot of attention. did a lot of people ask you what it was about?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

5. oh wow, that sounds like an amazing evening! i've never personally had anything in an art gallery. (lie. i did once, but i was in elementary school, but i ws grounded and not allowed to go and see it. and i never did again. >.>) but i'm glad it did get a lot of attention. did a lot of people ask you what it was about?

Yeah, got about five or so people asking me about the starver piece as well as Babar. Was a fun event.With the lack of sleep and overwhelming amount of people, I was dizzy but happy at the time. I'm part of the Wilson active artists art councel, so I had to hurry with posting my digital pieces out since I didn't have much traditional work.

• Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:

Yeah, got about five or so people asking me about the starver piece as well as Babar. Was a fun event.With the lack of sleep and overwhelming amount of people, I was dizzy but happy at the time. I'm part of the Wilson active artists art councel, so I had to hurry with posting my digital pieces out since I didn't have much traditional work.

Ah, okey, I see! sorry you didn't sleep, though. i've been there, running an entire day on 4 hours of sleep. feels quite surreal. must've also felt nice to explain what don't starve is to random people :3

• Like 1

1.  That is the AWESOMEST COAT EVAR, dude!  And yes, totally the kind of thing I'd get from a thrift store myself, if I found it there.  I've gotten some truly cool stuff from my own local thrift store over the years, including a reddish-brown leather trenchcoat with huge '70s wing lapels that was my winter coat for years, a small cape that's, like, an actual warmth garment instead of just a flimsy costume piece, a glittery metallic silver jacket that I TOTALLY can't fit into anymore, an awesome long heavy red Japanese silk robe that I used for my Inuyasha costume last year (hee) and last but not least, a purple taffeta ballgown.  Not kidding.

Oh, and white-and-black saddle shoes, which I wore (among other places) to a Backbeat (Beatles' tribute band) concert--and afterwards, "Ringo" complimented them. XD

2.  Your version of how the dab got started makes MUCH more sense than the original, frankly.

3.  Ha!  I was wondering when you'd notice the "beetlemouse" thing.  I just threw that in there at random--another bug/mammal mix, only a smaller one that a catbug could hunt.  (And now that I've said "catbug", I'm suddenly picturing the Antlion as the catBUS from My Neighbor Totoro, and...yeah, I think I need to go eat a couple cooked green mushrooms.) 

4.  SO.  JEALOUS of how you're like, a proper _real_ artist, with your stuff in a gallery and everything!  But, I know me--even at my fastest, I just didn't have the energy and motivation to keep drawing _steadily_ enough to do it in an even remotely professional way.  Also I'm like, uber-jealous of your coloured painty pieces.  Man.  I've done a few oil paintings myself, but mostly during that one art class I took in college...

5.  I too sometimes say "coot" when talking to my kitty in real life.  (Or "koot", however you want to spell it.)  "You are so KOOT!  You are so koot.  Yes you are!  You are _such_ a koot fluffy baby!"  : P

6.  Walani used to say even weirder stuff than that--back when Shipwrecked was still in beta, if, say, spiders tried to jump her, she'd yell "I just want to cuddle!" 

WAT.  (And WHAT kind of bad dates have you _been_ on, girl?)

7.  Last but not least...am I the only one who at first saw the bottom part of that classic painting as the dress kind of trailing away into dark...tentacle-like things?  Putting "Charlie" into the conversation may have influenced my brain that way, but that is seriously freaky looking on its own...

...Notorious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. 1.  That is the AWESOMEST COAT EVAR, dude!  And yes, totally the kind of thing I'd get from a thrift store myself, if I found it there.  I've gotten some truly cool stuff from my own local thrift store over the years, including a reddish-brown leather trenchcoat with huge '70s wing lapels that was my winter coat for years, a small cape that's, like, an actual warmth garment instead of just a flimsy costume piece, a glittery metallic silver jacket that I TOTALLY can't fit into anymore, an awesome long heavy red Japanese silk robe that I used for my Inuyasha costume last year (hee) and last but not least, a purple taffeta ballgown.  Not kidding.Oh, and white-and-black saddle shoes, which I wore (among other places) to a Backbeat (Beatles' tribute band) concert--and afterwards, "Ringo" complimented them. XD
  2. 3.  Ha!  I was wondering when you'd notice the "beetlemouse" thing.  I just threw that in there at random--another bug/mammal mix, only a smaller one that a catbug could hunt.  (And now that I've said "catbug", I'm suddenly picturing the Antlion as the catBUS from My Neighbor Totoro, and...yeah, I think I need to go eat a couple cooked green mushrooms.) 
  3. 4.  SO.  JEALOUS of how you're like, a proper _real_ artist, with your stuff in a gallery and everything!  But, I know me--even at my fastest, I just didn't have the energy and motivation to keep drawing _steadily_ enough to do it in an even remotely professional way.  Also I'm like, uber-jealous of your coloured painty pieces.  Man.  I've done a few oil paintings myself, but mostly during that one art class I took in college...
  4. 5.  I too sometimes say "coot" when talking to my kitty in real life.  (Or "koot", however you want to spell it.)  "You are so KOOT!  You are so koot.  Yes you are!  You are _such_ a koot fluffy baby!"  : P
  5. 6.  Walani used to say even weirder stuff than that--back when Shipwrecked was still in beta, if, say, spiders tried to jump her, she'd yell "I just want to cuddle!" WAT.  (And WHAT kind of bad dates have you _been_ on, girl?)
  6.   Last but not least...am I the only one who at first saw the bottom part of that classic painting as the dress kind of trailing away into dark...tentacle-like things?  Putting "Charlie" into the conversation may have influenced my brain that way, but that is seriously freaky looking on its own...
  1. Yup, my closet is full of classy stuff from thrift stores and my deceased grandfather. So when job training forced me to change my look from a respectable vest and tie to a lax t-shirt, I felt humiliated by the change.
  2. I truly did and thank you for that dose of inspiration. :wilson_wink:
  3. For the painting, I'm using tempera paints. Those paints I got were quite a steal. 1.99 per bottle. I'd like to get into painting again, so I have to highly thank Andrea(the gallery owner) for buying me the canvas and requesting it. She also wanted me to paint for one of the upcoming gallery events in August, I think.
  4. Yup and another phrase is "poofeywoofer"catcoon poofywoofer.png
  5. Not sure since I haven't followed the beta so that sounds hilarious. Any other hilarious crazy quotes from her prebeta form?:wilson_ecstatic:
  6. Yeah, wasn't sure why but the painting just screamed Charlie. I wasn't sure if that was a second dog behind her, so I drew a varg in.
1 hour ago, mochilo said:

Hey, thanks for that drawing piece of Wes on his special backpack and the broodling :)

Eyyy, expect another Wes in your made base-kingdom next week or so. I got some five or so webcomic pages I need to work on tonight.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

Poofeywoofer! XD  We typically call ours "boojie", for the generic silly-cute-thing nickname.  Variations include "booj" and "boojiekins".  Also fluffbutt, fluffnut and bugnut!  "What?!  WHAT are you doing, you weird little bugnut?!"  And fuff, foof and bratkins.  : P  Our cats tend to be the silly ferocious pouncy types, so...

(One time, I was playing Nethack and (finally) realised I could actually name my pet.  I had a pet cat, named it "Bugnut", and then caused the epic line:  "Bugnut bites the goblin.  The goblin is killed!"  Everybody in my family who heard about this agreed it was damn appropriate, for _our_ cat.)

Not sure about other weird beta quotes from Walani; that's the main one that stood out to me.  One thing I like to do is stick the characters in the wrong climate to see how they react--put the surfer girl in the middle of a pine forest, the "viking" chick in the tropics.  Interesting that Walani says the pine trees _remind_ her of winter--where did she live before the islands...?  (Wigfrid, on the other hand, just asks the palm trees why they hast "forsaken" branches.  : P*)

I can totally see her and Warly with an odd kind of buddy-cop friendship, though.  Might be fun!

EDIT: That cat looks _way_ too happy for just having been washed.  ;)

...Notorious

*Funnily enough, the first time I saw her say this was NOT when I was actually playing Wigfrid in Shipwrecked, but when I was doing Adventure Mode on the mainland and ran into a tropical pig village.  With SNOW on it!

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:
  1. I can totally see her and Warly with an odd kind of buddy-cop friendship, though.  Might be fun!
  2. EDIT: That cat looks _way_ too happy for just having been washed.  ;)
  1. I can see that happening. The entire cast works like stock types for a tv show. Just as much as I see Wilson and reformed MAxwell as a office rivalry type.
  2. um.pngThat's not happiness. That's trauma.:wilson_ecstatic:
  • Like 2

Well, okay, in that case...Wendy and Webber's arms are both way too not-scratched-to-bits.  Seriously, you try that with MY cat and you'll be holding down a ball of UNBRIDLED FURY.  Or should I say furry.  ;)

...although, weirdly enough, I also once had a cat that wanted to jump into the bathtub and attack the water.  And when he did, it would make ripples, which would make him go "MOVEMENT!" and attack it _more_...

They're such wonderfully _odd_ little creatures.  :)

...Notorious

• Like 1