[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

The assassin shakes his head and tosses his dagger into the air, watching as it pinwheels, the light glinting off of it's blade. He catches it, grins, and sheathes it.

"Other than the big guy over there, Harley and Pundalf over there, who've we got?"

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I expected Mena to be the tinkerer... Mena, did you expect me to be the steaknight?

I wonder how many Skies of Arcadia songs will play on our journey.

Maybe you want to repeat the intro text here.

(Yeah, I think everyone thought you were going to be the steam knight. I had a hunch I was going to be the alchemist for some reason; not really any particular reason why.)

The Steam Knight spoke in italics because that's what everyone else was doing thankfully didn't follow the cliché of women in RPGs always wearing absurdly skimpy and revealing armour. In fact, her armour was so bulky and covering that one wouldn't be able tell it was a woman underneath if her clashingly adorable and bubbly voice didn't give it away. Steal and iron encased practically every square inch of her body, save for when the visor that went over her eyes was up, which it currently was. Little pops of steam accompanied the clanking created when she moved, signs that pistons in place for assisting with movement and lifting were doing their jobs. This armour was clearly designed without concern for stealth, but instead for raw power and protection. (For reference I like to imagine this armour as looking something like the first version of the Iron Man suit that Stark made while in a cave :3)

The hammer slung diagonally over her back was a hulking piece of intimidating weaponry. The head was about twice the width of a man's skull, a polished flat surface on one end, and a miriade of exhaust and propulsion pipes jutting out of the other. Always kept clean and polished, this weapon was clearly the Steam Knight's pride and joy. 

"I suppose there's no harm in looking for a secret passage," Athena started in a voice that echoed slightly in her helmet, "but just because there were four adventuring groups before us doesn't mean they each took a different passage. For all we know, they could have all ended up going the same way, or this could be one of those dungeons that magically rearranges itself upon each entrance. I hate those dungeons." Feh, magic. The Steam Knight had to admit that magic had it's usefulness every now and then, but it was just too... unstable. Incomprehensible. Science was much more concrete and reliable. Science could be understood by man, and therefore could be used to greater potential.

(did I do a good?)

"Why do I even have a pipe..."

The Wizard of the deep, or "Pundolf" sat in a chair made entirely of tentacles and sighed. Why was he even friends with the assassin? He couldn't remember. Surely he would of crushed him, right? What stopped that from happening?

The Venommancer took in her surroundings as she patted down her robe. She huffed, a cloud of poison escaping her lips.

She felt the burning disapproval over her outfit that the Steam Knight had insisted she didn't wear on their adventure, even though the Venommancer was just a human inside of a spider anyways. Besides, she liked the marking on her belly. Also preferring to be light on her feet, she didn't want heavy armor. Walking over to the Steam Knight, the light "arachnid" leaned on their armor and examined her sword. "Magic dungeons? Only one way to find out~."

The Venommancer looked up at the woman towering over her. "I'm up for searching for secret passages."

(I finished the drawing :y )

Spoiler

venomancer.png

"We on name basis? I just know Harley as, well, Harley, but as to the rest of you..." He leant down eyes searching the ground. He straightened himself up. "The last party went that way," he indicated towards one of the corridors. "Anything else is too old for me to see clearly. Hells, that party had like, fifteen people and that was hard to track..." (Since he's an assassin, I'd assume some tracking capabilities.) "Nice armour by the way. Not my style, but looks tough!" He grinned at the Steam Knight. (When are we getting abilities? Sorry to constantly ask, but still...?

The Steam Knight looked down at the Venommancer leaning against her armour, letting out a quiet grumble at the lack of protection in the arachnid's apparel. She understood that some people preferred to keep their mobility, but would at the very least some light armour kill her? That outfit was practically begging opponents to impale her through the stomach! She wasn't bothered by the leaning though, so long as the venommancer kept her mitts off her hammer. She made it abundantly clear to the other adventurers during previous quests that no one was to touch Tony.

"Well, start searching then. Odd cracks, loose bricks, strange runes, you know the drill."

The Steam Knight turned to the assassin, a grin forming on her lips. " Why thank you; crafted it myself." She replied as pride welled up in her chest. "My name is Athena, by the way, and since you're new here, I'm going to give you a piece of advice." She reached back and grabbed the handle of her hammer to bring attention to it. "If you want to keep you're head, never. Touch. My hammer. We clear?" She wasn't trying to threaten, exactly, just informing him that there were consequences for handling Tony before he made a mistake.

(Yes... Yes, she named her hammer Tony. Just go with it.)

"And I will do so, if you give the same courtesy to Rosa and Ameliore." As he said this, the two swords flashed, and we're in his hands. "Mythril. An odd name for an assassin, I know, but my parents were both... More frontline inclined, shall we say?" He sheathed his blades. (YES HIS BLADES ARE BOTH FEMALE WITH WEIRD NAMES; FREAKING GO WITH IT.) "They are cold-wrought, stygatian steel blades, made by my late father as a gift on my name day. These can cut through undead flesh like butter, elves crumple, Wizards cannot cast."

"These two lovely swords are death, destroyer of worlds."

(Bluff.)

(Also, Pundolf hasn't tried anything because lots of stabbing and blood would follow.)

(Oh, posting again for name clarification) 

Jasmine (ITS A TEA, GET IT? AHUHU) examined "Pundolf" as he crafted weapons out of ice. She groaned as Mythril jabbered on about his equipment, dragging her sword across the ground as she went and stood closer to the presumably sane people.

As the TimeLord Temporal Wizard  was recuperating from the plunge they took to get into the GDungeon he notice his fellows adventures getting to know each other and not focusing on choosing which path we should take, but then he too succumbed to the meet, and greet.

He decided he would go talk with Mythril "Why those steel daggers seem so shoddy, you sure you didn't get them from someone's corpse? I mean you are a rogue and your getup also seems a bit poorly made" he let out a soft chuckle, "anyway my name's Jordan, and my staff? why it's the tempus imperium."

Turning to the Temporal Wizard, he chuckled again. "Alright, they're not nearly that powerful. That would be legendary-weapon scale. They are, however, as good against the undead as the living, and they do cause wizards to struggle casting, should they be cut. If you don't believe me, a bet?" At this, he pulled out a gold coin. "One gold for whoever gets the most kills after our first encounter!" (I'm working off of 100 copper = silver, 100 silver = gold, etc.) 

The Steam Knight whistled, which sounded a bit odd echoing around inside her helmet, and gave a sound nod. She understood the bond that could form between a weapon and it's wielder, and thus didn't find his expounding all that eccentric. 

"Got anything for long range?" She asked as she pulled out her pistol, which was resting in a holster crafted into the side of her thigh plate at the night where her hand would come down for easy access. The weapon would be unwieldy for most, but it fit perfectly in her armour plated hand. "This one's relatively new to my arsenal, so I haven't grown quite as accustomed to it as Tony, but she's already come in handy in quite a few pinches. She has an array of different bullets too; armour piercing, explosive, and ones crafted with blessed metal to name a few." She managed to expound before the Temporal Wizard cut in.

Once the bet was offered, Athena raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms, an awkward motion with thick plating. "This'll be interesting..."

"My dear! You insult me!" He exclaimed in mock offence. To demonstrate, he hefted three daggers out of their sheathes, twirled them, and sent them flying at the ice sculptures. The tip of Ameliore and Rosa was cut off, and Tony's hilt was clipped as well. "Throwing knives are not mere parlour tricks, many seem to forget that." He walked over to retrieve his knives, and talked to the two. "Sorry for, er, ruining those. You seem to be able to make them admirably, and I do appreciate good craftsmanship." 

He turned to the Venomancer. "What about you? Swords are always a good choice, but for range?"

Jordan scoffed at Mythril "I'm fine, I'd much rather live then die and become apart of this dungeon forever all because of a stupid bet." Jordan went over to the others to see what they were doing, and notice the venommancer Jasmine with her mystical garbs and her small pudginess was also adorable, and as weird as a name Tony was, Jordan figured it might be named after someone she should must have lost, and didn't bother prying into Athena's business.

4 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

as weird as a name Tony was, Jordan figured it might be named after someone she should must have lost, and didn't bother prying into ATHENA's business.

(And then in actuality it's named after a fictional billionaire-playboy-superhero with power armour that doesn't even exist in this universe :3)

1 hour ago, MenaAthena said:

COUGH

(I FIXED IT NOW REMOVE THIS)

Jasmine chuckled, holding the hilt of her blade close to her chest. "Range is an unnecessary attribute to acknowledge when you're as swift as I." She felt eyes on her, and glanced at Jordan. "Sorry about your... work, Pundolf," she muttered sympathetically. 

"You could say the same to one who dances the shadows, but an option is always good for if your normal means of attack cannot work. After all, what if you are crippled? Stabbed through the leg? Even if there are no shadows for me to harness, I can still, well..." He indicated towards the puddles on the floor. "You can see for yourself."

Athena's attention was brought to Pundolf's ice creations, and she thudded her way over, her eyes narrowing as she bent down to examine the copy of Tony.

"This exhaust pipe is 3.2 centimeters too short in diameter, the real handle has two slight indentations here, and you've made the head by askew 2.6 centimeters. Other than that... not bad."

(Should we maybe wait for the others to get themselves introduced?)

Archived