[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Yeah Yeah i know I've delayed this a wee bit to much but currently I'm a bit busy myself so we will see how this will go.

So anyway I've made the previous post people had interest so here it is me probably making a fool out of myself by trying to do a proper RPG type of game as well as trying to mix D&D and these Choose your own Adventure books.

So how will this all work out? Simple each day (at least i try to write once a day) I will try to advance the general plot of the story. After I gave the plotpoints and so on the players get to choose what they want to do. Can be almost anything as long as it's humanly possible (or fits with the class). After that things move on. Depending on the encounter you obviously get different choices.

So enought blabbering lets get to the real meat aka the rules of this.

Rules for the players:

1: You should try to post at least once per event just to get the most out of the game. Should you be unable to post till the next time i write a new event then i will use a bit of that DM magic to get a move on (depends when I get to my PC although next few days are holidays for me so I try to update this always around 5-7 PM CET just to make it fair).

2: No overpowerd abilitys. You get some from me prewritten but for the most part you'r a bit more free in terms of skills (also because sometimes I couldn't come up with good ones) but just don't make up stuff like "Turn invincible" and so on cause I wan't death to be a possibility and not just have a OP set of heroes.

3: No Off-Topic discussions. That's maybe the one thing I would really aprreciate to keep this clean so if you want to discuss what's going on do that in the other thread (similar to how we did it in Mafia).

That's mostly it for you guys.

Now onto the rules of the Dungeonmaster aka me.

1: I can't chain up battlevents. As in after each battle I have to write a different type of event like traps, encounters or other ones.

2: I can't kill more then 1 hero per event. Just so I don't just say stuff like "The ceiling collapses everyone dies the end".

3: After 3 events you get a restingplace to patch up wounds or buff yourself up through various means (or in the case of mages or tinker classes prepare spells or create new tools and gadgets)

4: I don't kill of people for small mistakes. To die you guys have to **** up really hard (well either that or I do create a somewhat difficult encounter but even then smart playing helps a lot).

5: If it isn't written in Italic it's not written by the Dungeonmaster. Well then again I will probably double check if I used the right formating (also stuff written in bold italic are NPCs all written and directed by me).

That should be it for Dungeonmaster rules at least for the basic ones.

ANother note and that's music. I spend the last few days besides writing plot and encounters nad whatnot to search for music to make it fitting (music is something I feel that improves any game) so anytime you see a spoilertag it's the track I want to have playing during that specific part of the plot. Just put it on repeat or something while reading till the next one shows up.

With all of that out of the way I shall now summon our ragtag band of freshmeat ehhhm I mean adventurers. (also classes that I didn't mention before will get their proper lorefeed soonish in the other thread)

@Asparagus The Gladiator

@Mobbstar The Tinker

@GiddyGuy The Temporal Wizard

@DwerBomb The Bowblade

@Dannyrulx The Shadow Dancer

@Battal The Cryobarian

@Blewcheese The Bombardier

@LiptonPee The Venommancer

@Soto8969 The Demoniker

@Zeklo The Alchemist

@MenaAthena The Steamknight

@Ysulyan The Harlekin of the Dancing God

@Youknowwho The Wizard of the Deep

And last but not least @Mezukie as the ??? (don't you worry I got plans for you but you'r not part of the original group as of yet).

So since this is already quite the meaty post I will cut it of here for now and get on writing the start of it all.

Edit: Feel like I should do some sort of official schedule for when I will do my actual posts.

Posts basicly happend from Monday to Sunday at around 8-10 PM CET

Only exception here is Wendesday where I will take a day off to write a bit without pressure. AKA this is a free day for you guys where you can still RP but just don't do actions (I might look into making the rooms on Thusday into camprooms to make up for that).

Otherwise I'm also almost always open for questions or suggestions if you guys have them

Legends tell of an old and forgotten dungeon created when the world was still young and the gods where still walking amongs the young races. A dungeon where old magic reigns and the rules of the universe get bend as they seem fit. Gravity, direction, life and death concepts that the dungeon breaks and why it's feared by man. This cursed labyrinth is now only know as The Abyss.

The legends also tell of treasure hidden deep within the cursed walls of the dungeon. Some say it's an artifact created by the Gods and hidden deep within so it might never fall into the hands of man. Others say that it's an old and forgotten spell that grants the user any wish. The results don't matter as just the promise of treasure is the perfect seed for the soil of hopefull treasurehunters and adventurers who want to find whatever the dungeon holds below.

Your part of one of those groups. Bond together by previous adventures you and you'r friends decide that no dungeon in the world is a challenge anymore and that it is time to discover if the legends of the old labyringht are true.

On your way to the Abyss you come across a small tavern. As the night approaches your group decideds to rest for the night and take the last few miles to the dungeon in the morning. As you enter the inn keeper instantly recognizes the type of people you are "Another group of adventurers eh? You'r the 5th one this week. Can't say that I can complain ever since I decided to open my humble tavern around here buisness has been booming. But enought of me take a seat have some drinks and I will see what the kitchen has to offer for you". After a healthy meal your group rests for the night.

In the early hours of the morning you decided to buy as much provision from the Inn keeper as possible before going on your marry way towards the labyrinth. Food, Water and other supplies are more important then the heavy goldcoins you carry around with you.

After a few more miles you finally arrive at the destination of your search. The Abyss a giant swirling black vortex in the middle of a small valley. Cautious to not get ambushed your group makes it towards the cliff. As you arive you notice that there seems to be no proper way into the black vortex. The only noticeable thing are multiple ropes dangling near the edge but a quick inspection shows that they are unable to go past the mass of swirling darkness. After much talk you decide that there is only one way to enter. Your group takes all their courage and you jump off the cliff into the black abyss below.

During your fall you notice that you seem to get lighter and lighter as time goes on until you slowly float towards the bottom of the abyss. Everyone else seem to be just as amazed but that doesn't mean you should relax as you know enterd the domain of the old and forgotten forces that control this place

quick change of music to set the tone

As you look around you see that the chamber you're in is round and has exits in all 4 cardinal directions. You start to speak to your group and together you decide what path to take.

And with that we open up the game for real now.

Arg Forum formating messed the spoilertags up again. Ohh well don't wanna mess around with it now so you just have to live with that now.

The Shadow Dancer lets out a light chuckle.

"I do love a sense of impending doom and our horrible deaths before a dungeon crawl, don't you?" He tossed his head back to let a medium-length crop of black hair shower onto his shoulders. The assassin was wearing a set of midnight black leather armor, that covered his torso and legs but neglected his arms, so well-worn and supple that it seemed like an extension of his own skin, whisper quiet when he moved. Under that, he wore a light grey tunic, and a pair of leather boots. His swords were strapped across his back, vertically, for ease of acess, and he had a few light knives attached to his legs. He wore no helmet, and a pair of gloves thinly stretched over his hands. He was toying with one of his knives now, running the edge along his thumb and twirling it in his hand, waiting for the group to be ready.

"You can't see, but I've got some metal armor under this. It'll stop me getting cut in half, barely, but I really shouldn't be a front-liner anyway. That'll be him I assume," he said, indicating to Asparagus.

The tinkerer checks his gadgets and gizmos for potential fall damage. The sheer amount of items attached to him make him look like a mechanical humanoid, but there is a human underneath.

"This went better than expected! But now we are cursed with a choice of no debatable answers. At least I cannot tell any difference between the four paths."

The tinkerer kneels down to inspect the ground. It is essentially rock, yet entirely unfamiliar.

You know that I am going to exploit every single meaning of "gizmo"? :lol:

The Wizard of the deep stopped trying to relight his pipe, and looked at the rag tag group of adventurers infront of him.

"I guess it's...

...o-FISH-ial...

that we have no idea where to go.

Anybody got an idea of where we should head?"

Playing his lute and reciting poetry as any troubadour would do, the Harlekin was there to cheer up those around him and add some atmosphere to the adventure. From songs about brave warriors to drunken fishermen and from gryphons to sheep he recited... and of course the occasional 'obnoxious tune'. At long last they departed for the dankest dungeon ever seen thus far by this humble bard.
Reaching the bottom, he noted with unconditional glee, "Ah-ha! Let us see! Since all four groups that came before us are dead then it means none of these are the right way! Look around for clues of a hidden passage, my brethren!", and with that, he paused his lute-playing to inspect the walls around the party, although whistling a merry tune he had just remembered as he did so, which echoed in the hollow halls.
He burst in laughter then when listening to the others, "Ah, my good Wizard of the seas! Your puns always inspire! Do continue!"

Archived