[UPDATED] How to Redeem Your Reign of Giants (DST) or Shipwrecked Gift Items

Players no longer need to use a key to get these items. Simply log into DST and the gifts for owning Don't Starve: Reign of Giants or Don't Starve: Shipwrecked will automatically be added to your Steam inventory. 

I wanted to redeem Shipwrecked CD key but couldnt find it O.o That will be next level? Anyway i think i saw this mini monument somewhere right? Isn't this one something that you had to do for PS4 achievements? I think there were 2 items to build to get those achievements right? :)

42 minutes ago, t0panka said:

I wanted to redeem Shipwrecked CD key but couldnt find it O.o That will be next level? Anyway i think i saw this mini monument somewhere right? Isn't this one something that you had to do for PS4 achievements? I think there were 2 items to build to get those achievements right? :)

That was the Accomploshrine you're thinking of. This is very different.

2 hours ago, t0panka said:

I don't see why Shipwrecked would get a CD key if there is no shipwrecked in dst but who knows

6 hours ago, JanH said:

Please note that even if the Reign of Giants DLC was purchased after 4/21/2016, your RoG CD key WILL work and the in-game item will be provided to the account. 

Well this isn't that much loyal anymore right? This skin is worth now 5€ since ANYONE can buy it anytime and get that skin. I thought that should be only for people that bought ROG before DST? This way it removes the whole "loyal" thing out of it. 

Also "loyal" skin for participating in early access is basically 95% the same skin?

When i see how cool are "unloyal" skins i wonder why this gets so little thought :(

6 minutes ago, t0panka said:

Well this isn't that much loyal anymore right? This skin is worth now 5€ since ANYONE can buy it anytime and get that skin. I thought that should be only for people that bought ROG before DST? This way it removes the whole "loyal" thing out of it. 

Also "loyal" skin for participating in early access is basically 95% the same skin?

When i see how cool are "unloyal" skins i wonder why this gets so little thought :(

There are 2 other firepit skins that also look very neat, and this directly competes with them. There are alot of people who waited to get dst after early access or never bothered with ds because dst is like ds+rog rolled into one with friends. I didnt expect a loyal skin for rog, and im probably not the only one. Just be happy Klei has bothered to create and code a loyal skin that made the deadline for dst finish when they have projects like SW and other TtA content.

16 minutes ago, t0panka said:

While I do agree they're kind of "unloyal", they are still supporting the devs by buying RoG just to get the fire pit skin, and seeing as to how they're untradable/unsellible they aren't even making a profit too so if you think about they're kind of "loyal".

7 hours ago, t0panka said:

Please..... Don't....... Not today...... I've got a raging head ache......

• Developer
7 hours ago, t0panka said:

We absolutely considered having the RoG gift be a random skin from a set - but the problem is that we can't make them tradeable without them being traded for money or other, non-loyal skins (making them no longer loyal) and we realized it'd suck if you had the skin I wanted and I had the skin you wanted and both were locked to our accounts for all time.

Instead we'll just have to do lots more loyal skins, some of which will be substantially more rare.

7 hours ago, nome said:

We absolutely considered having the RoG gift be a random skin from a set - but the problem is that we can't make them tradeable without them being traded for money or other, non-loyal skins (making them no longer loyal) and we realized it'd suck if you had the skin I wanted and I had the skin you wanted and both were locked to our accounts for all time.

Instead we'll just have to do lots more loyal skins, some of which will be substantially more rare.

So how do we get the other 2 fire pit skins (I loved the one with spikes all around it) :)

49 minutes ago, Qualtrox said:

Where do you find the RoG CD key?

On 21/4/2016 at 3:44 PM, JanH said:

Right-click Don’t Starve on your Steam Game Library > View CD Key > Copy your Reign of Giants key.

33 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

They aren't available yet, as far as I know :p

Though they might be elegant drops...

The firepit_hole is loyal and only Peter has it.

Blame nome.

Hey Klei,

Congratulations on getting DST out of Beta! It's been a long journey!

My girlfriend and I have been playing DST probably a little under 2 years now (possibly over actually) and we've both been having so much fun. The reason for my message is, she's a bit disappointed because she's been a loyal player of the game but she's not going to receive this gift as she got a copy of the game through the 'gift a copy to your friend' when I bought it.

So, I'd just like to ask, will the team at Klei be considering making something for the loyal beta testers of DST?

That'd be awesome and I think a lot of us would highly appreciate it :)

EDIT: Sorry! Looks like someone beat me to it! 

Archived