How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

10 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

20160422030442_1.jpg

OK, so, Wendy, inspects the feel of the portal... she said it gave of a feeling of sadness...

And Maxwell... "Always did have a flare for the dramatic"... he didn't say it was himself... which leads me to believe that it's... CHARLIE!! O__O

Jack Carter...(At least in my fanon it's his doing.)

I still think the portal is improved by Maxwell it uses roses (which are Charlie symbol for maxwell) , marble (maxwell set piece use them) , shadow fires and the thorns which I think come from the roses ... This will totally have something to do witch Charlie ... roses/big thorns added . When Maxwell examines the rose he says "This is wrong" - not sure why , is it because of his memories of Charlie or because in his world there are no roses (like - I created this world without roses what is this doing here !) ?

Then again I might be just reading too much into it .

27 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

OK, so, Wendy, inspects the feel of the portal... she said it gave of a feeling of sadness...

And Maxwell... "Always did have a flare for the dramatic"... he didn't say it was himself... which leads me to believe that it's... CHARLIE!! O__O

For completion's sake, here are other characters' quotes for the new portal:

Wilson - "This ought to be a scientific impossibility."

Webber - "It's pretty... pretty scary!"

Wickerbottom - "Hmm... This may require further reading."

Wolfgang - "It is impervious to my mighty punches!"

WX - "I CANNOT MAKE IT WORK"

Woodie -"That'd be the thing I fell through, eh."

Wigfrid - "It makes me long for the stage!"

11 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

For completion's sake, here are other characters' quotes for the new portal:

Wilson - "This ought to be a scientific impossibility."

Webber - "It's pretty... pretty scary!"

Wickerbottom - "Hmm... This may require further reading."

Wolfgang - "It is impervious to my mighty punches!"

WX - "I CANNOT MAKE IT WORK"

Woodie -"That'd be the thing I fell through, eh."

Wigfrid - "It makes me long for the stage!"

Charlie!! She's the one on the Nightmare Throne?!

unicorn_s2e1.png

Yaaay new puzzle! It's been too long :wilson_cool:

I guess this is a good time to copypaste some wiki info regarding the world Maxwell created, he's no longer king after all. There's a big piece of information missing between those stages. Let's hope his quotes were taken into consideration when the puzzle was created.

Spoiler

"Is this what you were expecting?" / "Is this how it ends?"
"Forgive me if I don't get up."
"You've been an interesting plaything, but I've grown tired of this game."
"Or maybe They've grown tired of me."
"Heh. Took them long enough."
"They'll show you terrible, beautiful things."
"It's best not to fight it."
"There wasn't much here when I showed up."
"Just dust. And the Void. And Them."
"I've learned so much since then. I've built so much."
"But even a King is bound to the board."
"You can't change the rules of the game."
"I don't know what they want. They... they just watch."
"Unless you get too close... Then..."
"Well, there's a reason I stay so dapper."
"What year is it out there? Time moves differently here."
"Go on, stay a while. Keep us company."
"Or put the key in the box. It's your decision."
"Either way, you're just delaying the inevitable."
"Reality is like that, sometimes."
"I think I've said enough."
If the Gramaphone is turned off, then Maxwell will say... "Thank you, I've been listening to that song for an eternity."
If the Gramaphone is then turned back on, Maxwell then states... "I suppose I deserve that."
If the player activates the hidden Teleportato, Maxwell will say... "Don't you think I've tried that?"
If the player attacks Maxwell he will say... "The throne won't allow that. I've tried."

Link to Maxwell's quotes: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Throne

• Developer
Just now, Quoth143 said:

I think everyone's right about it being Charlie and she is PISSED! A tumblr user by the name of itstheblob has been poking around in the DST speech files and found some interesting things:

-Awesome lore-filled screenshots-

This. I have a feeling we'll make history with this here puzzle.

Just now, Quoth143 said:

I think everyone's right about it being Charlie and she is PISSED! A tumblr user by the name of itstheblob has been poking around in the DST speech files and found some interesting things:

tumblr_o602dzZHwF1si2w4no1_500.png

tumblr_o602dzZHwF1si2w4no2_500.png

tumblr_o602dzZHwF1si2w4no3_1280.png

O__O

Whoa!! Those Roses... the way Maxwell inspects them... could that lead to Charlie?! Also, who's the new Grue?! If Charlie is in the Throne, is she still the Grue?!

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

20160422030442_1.jpg

My theory is that Charlie took over Maxwells throne and threw him into the DS world for some reason. This is why the portal looks that way (You can't deny that it matches Charlies appearance/personality), and that some of the resources are different... I think

ABIGAIL_FLOWER =
        {
            GENERIC = "Hm? What a familiar presence.",
            LONG = "I can sense strong magic within it.",
            MEDIUM = "This enchantment is not of my doing.",
            SOON = "Whatever it is will be arriving soon.",
            HAUNTED_POCKET = "I should quit toying with this now.",
            HAUNTED_GROUND = "It demands a sacrifice.",
        },

O__O

So Maxwell didn't bring Abigail to life?! O__O

look at that, he doesn't even know how the flower works!! WHO ELSE COULD HAVE BROUGHT ABIGAIL TO "LIFE"? O__O

SOOOO MANY MYSTERIES AND LORE WAITING TO BE UNANSWERED!! O__O

*screams from delight*

LUCY = "Ah. How have you been, Lucy?",

But here, it does seem that Maxwell had something to do with Lucy's state... thus officially dispelling the notions that Lucy is a figment of Woodie's imagination O__O (plus the already known fact that players can interact with her)

This is getting gooooooooood! I signed into my account for the first time in a year just for this!

When Maxwell said "Always did have a flare for the dramatic", I initially assumed he was talking about Wilson, since he was canologically the first the one to swap with Maxwell. But the text that itstheblob found pretty much confirms that Charlie has something to do with this. So who is on the Nightmare Throne now? Charlie doesn't even seem to have a physical form, so I don't understand how it could be her. Not to mention the fact that she is still presumably the one that attacks you in the dark. But since all of the playable characters appear in DST, it can't actually be any of them. Hmmm... I guess we'll have to wait for the comic to reveal the answers.

Just now, Asparagus said:

But here, it does seem that Maxwell had something to do with Lucy's state... thus officially dispelling the notions that Lucy is a figment of Woodie's imagination O__O (plus the already known fact that players can interact with her)

Not exactly, he could be making fun of Woodie. Or, they could have talked before, such as through the radio. Two inanimate talking objects... 

Just now, toasterman3000 said:

This is getting gooooooooood! I signed into my account for the first time in a year just for this!

When Maxwell said "Always did have a flare for the dramatic", I initially assumed he was talking about Wilson, since he was canologically the first the one to swap with Maxwell. But the text that itstheblob found pretty much confirms that Charlie has something to do with this. So who is on the Nightmare Throne now? Charlie doesn't even seem to have a physical form, so I don't understand how it could be her. Not to mention the fact that she is still presumably the one that attacks you in the dark. But since all of the playable characters appear in DST, it can't actually be any of them. Hmmm... I guess we'll have to wait for the comic to reveal the answers.

(There's still hope for my Jack Carter headcanon...in my dreams)

Just now, toasterman3000 said:

Charlie doesn't even seem to have a physical form, so I don't understand how it could be her. Not to mention the fact that she is still presumably the one that attacks you in the dark.

Well maybe Charlie is just the one controlling the darkness, and all of the insanity that Maxwell can't control. (Based on the fact that he was pulled into the DS world by the "darkness", I'm assuming that he only has limited control over it) Also who says you have to have a physical form to be on the nightmare throne? I mean that would mean that even a log or a stone would be able to control the nightmare throne. Just sayin'...

Hm... why do they want us to log with Steam ? Is it the first time they're doing that ? It sure means something, maybe they'll mess with our accounts in one way or another later (like giving keys for gifts items, or maybe use our name's account ?)

• Developer
7 minutes ago, MasqueMojo said:

Hm... why do they want us to log with Steam ? Is it the first time they're doing that ? It sure means something, maybe they'll mess with our accounts in one way or another later (like giving keys for gifts items, or maybe use our name's account ?)

I'm pretty sure we didn't have to do this for the first DST comic... so maybe you're right...

Archived