Don't Starve Together leaving Early Access!

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

Now this sounds pretty awesome in my eyes.

Although i got 3 more Questions if you don't mind

1. Can you dissmiss a Shadowpuppet yourself? like say you can attack it to instantly make it go away and recover you'r max sanity this way or do i have to wait till something kills them?

2. Do the Workerpuppets drop their respective tools? Like say a Shadow Logger gets killed does he just puff up in smoke and leave nothing behind or will he at least drop his axe?

3. Do you still got a bit of Control over Workerpuppets? Cause here is the thing if Shadow Loggers just go after every Tree in sight this means they will also chop down Pinetrees and BIrchnut Trees that aren't fully matured yet and won't drop all of their Pinecones or Birchnuts so you can easily replant them. It's just a small thing but i feel like it's important to know if Shadowworkers are just mindless and go after everything or if you have at least enought control to keep them from chopping Trees that are not in their prime yet.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer

Still though i have to say that these changes sound a lot more Interesting then i though specialy the fact that Shadowpuppets now stay forever what means you can create a decend little fightingforce or workforce depending on the situations. Sure now Puppets aren't Jack of all trades anymore but i feel like having dedicated roles that the puppets fullfil as well as the well as the Infinite duration of puppets adds a new layer of strategie to playing Maxwell. So I gotta say i'm exited and i know exactly who i will pick once DST will fully launch.

Yes, all you have to do is punch/attack the nightmare, and your fragmented sanity will return.

Killing nightmares do NOT drop their respective tools.

You can't really "Control" them, their sole existance is to help. If you move away from small trees, they will follow him.

14 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Thing is he kinda needs them to survive. 75 HP isnt a joke.

Same.

It sounds so annoying to even play him now.

Exactly.

Not to mention, the insane sanity gain makes you forget what sanity even is, thus making you only care about hunger and HP, which you really need to have an eye out for.

He doesn't have "insane sanity gain" w/ these changes though.  They slashed it down to just barely over a quarter what it is in singleplayer (from 20/min down to 6.7/min).

I've played w/ his 75 hp for so long now in DST (modded Maxwell), that I'm pretty used to that, but his entire mechanic of having to watch health / hunger and not worry about sanity kinda feels like it's being eschewed here.

His puppets were only really good for mining resources formerly, so the new specialized puppets are a nice surprise.  I never used them before, opting to save his nightmare fuel to get a Shadow Manipulator earlier (which is WAY more helpful than the single bump in gold / rocks you get).

No Dark Armor / Night Sword makes sense; not terribly upset to see them go in the interest of balance.

Honestly, I like all of the changes except for the sanity regen, which leaves him looking decidedly frail when he was at least strong in one regard before.

+6.7 Sanity / min does not even counteract the effects of Dark Armor, which he seems designed to wear due to his extremely low health, which isn't even touching on its sanity reduction on damage.

I think that perhaps +10 or +11 / min would be a much more palatable change (Dark Armor drains 10 / min, so it would basically just allow him to wear it, but still lose sanity overall whenever he's actually taking damage in the armor).

At least, that's my initial reaction to the changes, which I know may still be subject to change.

6 hours ago, leonseye said:

He doesn't have "insane sanity gain" w/ these changes though.  They slashed it down to just barely over a quarter what it is in singleplayer (from 20/min down to 6.7/min).

I've played w/ his 75 hp for so long now in DST (modded Maxwell), that I'm pretty used to that, but his entire mechanic of having to watch health / hunger and not worry about sanity kinda feels like it's being eschewed here.

His puppets were only really good for mining resources formerly, so the new specialized puppets are a nice surprise.  I never used them before, opting to save his nightmare fuel to get a Shadow Manipulator earlier (which is WAY more helpful than the single bump in gold / rocks you get).

No Dark Armor / Night Sword makes sense; not terribly upset to see them go in the interest of balance.

Honestly, I like all of the changes except for the sanity regen, which leaves him looking decidedly frail when he was at least strong in one regard before.

+6.7 Sanity / min does not even counteract the effects of Dark Armor, which he seems designed to wear due to his extremely low health, which isn't even touching on its sanity reduction on damage.

I think that perhaps +10 or +11 / min would be a much more palatable change (Dark Armor drains 10 / min, so it would basically just allow him to wear it, but still lose sanity overall whenever he's actually taking damage in the armor).

At least, that's my initial reaction to the changes, which I know may still be subject to change.

He feels too frail honestly. Not really dapper, can't rely on his puppets that early, etc.

Meaning he needs to be carried during early game to even start doing anything.

Honestly after calming down from my initial reaction I get your point more. Maxwell is the character where sanity is never an issue for you, its his strong and potentially op aspect that all the good characters have(Webber can feed on monster meat which can be gained from his spiders, and raise armies within seconds, wilson survives much more in winter and can make ez effigies, wickerbottom can mass farm, wigfrid can solve everything by killing, wolfgang can destroy anything, etc.). 

Half of the normal sanity gain would work, he'll still be good, but not that op even if you take other players into account.

Honestly after being Maxwell I litearly can't go back to the Tam O'. It's just that you realize how weak it is when you see Maxwell, so reducing it to that level just makes it so weird. 

I'm very excited to get my homeboai Maxwell into DST, so that launch is going to be quite exciting in itself, but what I'm most happy about are the prospects of TTA. If there's one thing DST needs right now, it's lategame content. When me and a good buddy of mine played DST in coop, eventually we just kinda did everything there was to do and stopped after that. Sure, we got a bunch of playtime out of that world, but it was a little bit disappointing to acquire all that awesome loot and then have nothing else to use it on. So TTA should warrant a second, much longer play session :3 Keep up the grand work, Klei! You're one of my favorite gamedevs right now.

On 4/8/2016 at 4:38 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

He could probably wear something like that coat used for his NPC in adventure mode.

latest?cb=20160214061637 <-- this kinda reminds me of it... O__O

As for Maxwell's perk... yeah, we tried him out... he's good as a novelty character... but... nerfing his sanity regen and the absence of the purple gem... and without his Nightmare armor, he won't stand a chance in PvP... :T he should at least keep his armor :T

But the sanity, I do agree that he should at least get the same amount of sanity regen as the nightmare armor's sanity drain he should at least keep that so he won't be a drain on the team after dying so much (from lag)... 

On 4/23/2016 at 6:45 AM, Asparagus said:

But the sanity, I do agree that he should at least get the same amount of sanity regen as the nightmare armor's sanity drain he should at least keep that so he won't be a drain on the team after dying so much (from lag)... 

Yeah, also tried him out for quite a bit since release, and I stand by my previous statements:  Maxwell's sanity regen should be raised to +10 or +11/sec so that he can at least wear his former armor (which he still needs due to his abyssmal hp total).

As it stands, I was super excited about Maxwell, and at this point, he's not even worth playing until somebody mods him, imo.

There seems to be a very strange trend w/ all of the characters being worked on lately that leaves them strictly worse overall than Wilson, and I'm not really sure why that is.  : /

• Developer
15 minutes ago, shinigami1122 said:

Will don't starve together have new update like there are many new items or mobs will be added in game or new game mode or something like that?

Well, it has been getting quite a few new items and things to do, and I'm assuming the free Through the Ages DLC they're making will have all that (although maybe not many new mods, if any).

14 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Well, it has been getting quite a few new items and things to do, and I'm assuming the free Through the Ages DLC they're making will have all that (although maybe not many new mods, if any).

How about DS new story?

• Developer
24 minutes ago, shinigami1122 said:

How about DS new story?

Well, I don't think DS will be getting many new updates, game or lore-wise.

Although we still lack the knowledge of what happened in-between Charlie's and Maxwell's capture and the kidnapping of all the DS chars into the DS world...

22 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Well, I don't think DS will be getting many new updates, game or lore-wise.

Although we still lack the knowledge of what happened in-between Charlie's and Maxwell's capture and the kidnapping of all the DS chars into the DS world...

They could possibly make a DLC akin to Reign of Giants that doesn't have much to do with the story of the series and maybe expands on the lore of the ancient civilisation in the Ruins (which is essentially one of the few reasons I go into the caves, to explore 'em one day). I'd buy that. 

But otherwise, yeah, the DS story kind of ends here in favour of Charlie's Reign. 

Can someone please help me!!! I'm trying to download the game pac for my Mac laptop and the STEAM website, not matter how many email addresses I try, will not register me so I can purchase them! It tells me my email is invalid, even thought I've tried 5 different very valid and current email addresses. Any help is appreciated! 

Archived