0VDS42c.jpg

Oh boy, here we go...

Hi there and welcome to the world of Winter is Here (WisH for short)

This is an expansion idea i've had for a while which grew and grew into this massive idea which I wanted to share with you all on the forums! So let's begin!

BACKSTORY

Spoiler

One thing alot of people requested in Sipwrecked was an adventure mode or atleast a backstory. I've actually got one. It might not be good but atleast it's something. It follows up on the DS story line right before DST. Wilson has freed Maxwell and begins to toy around with his newfound powers. realizing that there's no way out without a new master to the throne, he comes up with an idea. He doesn't want any other human to have to suffer sitting on the throne, but what if he could create someone who wasn't human? That's when he created Wynter. Wynter was created from a part of Wilsons soul, meaning that he had most of the traits of Wilson. What Wilson targeted the most was his curiosity though, making Wynter target the Wooden door as fast as he saw it. Wynter had a breeze at getting thorugh King of winter but all the other worlds were a hard task for him. When he finally got through and freed Wilson then everything seemed to be done. The only problem was that Wynter wans't done. Now that Wilsons power over him had stopped, his reign began. He felt sympathy for Wilson. So he tried to help him ,but he didn't take Wilsons or Maxwells aporach. Instead of trying to get people to replace him, he tried to lead them out of the world. And he lead Wilson to the place he liked the most. He lead him, to the NORTH,

CHARACTERS

Spoiler

These are the guys you'll be able to play as in the norhtern wilds of WisH. I've tried to make them fit the DS spirit and I think they'll fit in quite well!

Another thing to note about all the characters of WisH is the fact that they're not unlockable by experience. I played through 50 days as Wolfgang trying to get Woodlegs and that was one of the funniest playthroughs I've had, that's why I've decided to make all of these characters unlockable through other ways, much crueler ways....

Wynter

The snowman

Spoiler

image1.jpeg

Wynter the snowman is this worlds Maxwell. You know his backstory if you've read the story of WisH. He's also the hardes character to unlock in the game. "How do I do it?" You might ask. Well, you create him of course! Wynter's body can be found somewhere in the world of WisH. It just looks like three balls of snow on top of eachother. What you have to do is find the other pieces and complete him! The problem is that they're not easy to find. His hat is in the deepest parts of the caves, his scarf is on the highest mountain and his crooked little nose is in the belly of the most dangerous animal.

There's two things that I've come up with that happens when you put him together though. You either get him as a playable character, or he opens up the portal to Wish's Adventure mode, and when you complete taht, then you get him as a playable character. You guys can pick which one's the best.

Now onto Wynter's abilities, and I think you can guess one of them.

* Is fond of the cold, but dislikes the heat.

Yes Wynter is a snowman. This means that he can't die of freezing. This makes him pretty op dontcha think? Well, yeah kinda. But Wynters problem is a bigger burden, mainly the fact that every other season except winter is summer to him. Yes, he melts in every other season. Making him a really op character in WisH, but a really hard character in DS, which I kinda wanted him to be.

* Has a chilly pocket.

Wynter is made of snow, and snow is as cold as ice or maybe.... an ice box? Items rot slower when Wynter has them in his own inventory making him really good at exploring.

*Is cold to hug.

Enemies that attack Wynter will eventually freeze after enough hits. This isn't overpowered because it will take a bunch of hits to make it happen, but it will save him from some bad situations.

I've thought about making all his powers except the first one only work during seasons that aren't winter, just because he should be fun to play in the WisH world as well, but I'm not sure.

Wagnir

The viking

Spoiler

image2.jpeg

If there is one thing I love in this world, then it was to be vikings! I love my big hairy ancestors with their giant weapons and their awesome beards. That's why I love playing as Wigfrid. But the problem with Wigfrid is... She's not a viking. And I don't mean she doesn't look like one, I litterally mean that she aint no viking. She's an actress playing her role really well. That's a really cool way of making a character but it makes me sad. I want a viking in this game, a real viking, and that's why I made one. Meet Wagnir, the viking.

*Has trouble speaking english

Wigfrid tries to mimic a vikings bad speech, but it's much worse than that. Some of his words are in weird scandinavian languages and some makes no sense, like for example:"Löök här på the bösh, dens börrys är cöwårds!" meaning "look at this bush, it's berries are cowards!"

*Has distant relatives

Wagnir is for some reason related to walruses, this means that Mactusk wont aggro at Wagnir unless he decides to attack Mactusk.

*Has a great arsenal

Vikings are the best at making weapons and helmets. Even better than Wigfrid! Wagnir has an indestructible helmet and an indestructible battle axe (not made for cutting wood). They are a bit stronger than your average spear and football helmet, but they're not too strong. Although they're too heavy for anyone else to carry.

*Meat health

Yes, this is every vikings greatest curse. Greens are for the weak, this means that Wagnir only eats meat. Not only that, but he actually has another healthbar called Meat health. He can gain meat health by eating meat. But the meat health will slowly deplete over time, OR if he takes damage! If Wagnir's meat health reaches max, then he'll go on a rampage gaining speed damage and courage for a few seconds! But if he manages to deplete his meat health, then he'll die. Instantly. And the meat health doesn't take reduced damage with armour on.

If it get's to hard to handle then I'll throw in the bonus that he can eat raw meats, making it a little bit easier for him to survive.

Wogga

the caveman

Spoiler

Wogga.jpg

Alright, she's technically a caveWOMAN but I'm not going to assume any genders here, and I think caveman sounds better. You unlock Wogga by going into the almost prehistoric caves. She's frozen inside a big iceblock, and the only thing you have to do in order to play her, is simply to "break the ice" huehue with a pickaxe, and then she's ready to go. Now onto her abilities!

*Has her own "boomstick"

This one's pretty straight forward. Wogga can craft her own Club (not a discoclub Wogga hates to dance) to fight with. She doesn't need any kind of researchlab and it requires two logs and a stick. It's a bit worse than the spear though so don't rely on it too much.

*Sun on a stick much scary

Wogga isn't used to fire yet, I mean she just learned how to create it. She therefore loses sanity by standing near firepits or by holding torches. Sounds pretty bad huh?

*Is fond of dark places

Now onte her "op" ability. Wogga isn't exactly claustrophobic. Which means she doesn't lose sanity inside of caves. She can still die in the dark, and loses sanity at night just like any other character, but she doesn't lose sanity inside of caves. Sounds pretty op huh? Well the problem is that she can't really live in caves anyways, because if she stands near a firesource like a firepit, then she'll still lose sanity rendering her ability useless. That's why mininghelmets are Woggas favourite!

I might give her a smaller stomach/faster hunger in order to make her worse at exploring caves though. Just tell me if she's too op.

SEASONS

Spoiler

WisH is not for the casual players. I always liked the challange in DS and this will be as challenging as possible. Meaning that freezing isn't just in one season. It's in three.

Thawing season

Spoiler

Thawing season is where you start your journey. It's basiaclly fall except it is technically the summer. It doesn't have any freezing and no speciall weather, only some rain now and then, Although it becomes one of the most important seasons after one year. Why you ask? Well because ice thaws in this season. And what could be stuck inside the ice?

Freezing season

Spoiler

Freezing season is fall in WisH. It makes everything (including the ground) freeze. Now what does this do? First off, it makes it impossible to put down structures. Meaning that you have to prepare a base rather well if you want to survive. But don't worry, deerclops won't ruin your day because structures aren't breakable either. They are so frozen so that it's impossible to break them. All the structures you can build like the crockpot, sciencemachine and fridge are not able to be moved in any way. You can ofcourse break boulders and trees becaue it would be impossible otherwise. The ground is totally frozen, meaning that when you walk you slide around. There are special items that make it easier to walk (and even faster) on the ice though so don't worry. You're also able to get frozen easier in freezing season. So beware! (freezing is kind of hard if you have a heatstone but getting litterally frozen is alot easier).

Blizzard season

Spoiler

Blizzard season is winter in WisH. And if you thought winter was bad in DS, then how bad do you think it is in the north? Well lets just say... it's pretty bad. It's constantly snowing, windy and there's almost no light. There's long evenings and even longer nights. But the main problem is... if you stay away from a lit campfire for like 5 seconds, you start to freeze. And not just normal freeze, but freeze to death.

I've always wanted a season that you REALLY have to prepare for, and sitting inside of your base freezing to death has always been what I wanted winter to be in normal DS. Blizzard season is litterally as cold as ice, if you don't have enough resources then you're screwed. I want blizzard season to be so cold, making it almost impossible to get out of your base. It would get boring after a while wouldn't it? Well what if I told you that all animals had it hard in blizzard season? There would be really rare mobs that would try to raid your camp in Blizzard season. This would be the season where you would be able to get some of the best items in WisH, but it would be really hard to do so.

Avalanche season

Spoiler

Avalanche season is spring in WisH. It's now that all the snow is starting to come down from the mountains, but really, really fast. Avalanche season is kind ofa  milder dry season in Shipwrecked. It reains down snow from the skies from time to time. It damages you if it hits you but it deosn't destroy any structures. Lucky huh? Guess again (and bring a shovel with you). The snow starts to pile up on the ground everywhere. In WisH snow has been updated. It's an actuall thing now instead of just some colour above the normal ground. Snow can now be dug up and it's a new crafting material. But in avalanche season, it becomes a hazard instead. It piles up making it really hard to walk around. Your structures can become covered in snow, making them usless (don't worry you can just dig the snow off). And like always most mobs start their mating season in Spring... even the big ones...

NEW FEATURES

Spoiler

RoG introduced overheating and wetness, Shipwrecked introduced new water, wind and poison. they're not alone...

Mountains

Spoiler

What is the north without mountains? We've all dreamt of climbing a mountain in DS and looking down on the world under us, haven't we? The problem is that mountains are really hard to do in a 2D based game like DS, but let me explain how I'd make them.

They're kind of a new type of biombe. You can only go up it from one side and all other sides are big walls. Kind of like cave walls. If you start climbing the mountain you'll be able to see really far by looking over the edge. A craftable item in WisH would be the telescope. It makes your vision alot bigger when you click on it but it decreases back to normal if you walk away from it. If you put down a teleoscope on a mountain, then you would be able to see really far. I think mountains would be great for exploring and also to spot giants and other mobs that you want to find. Mountains would also have the feature of slopes. There would be certain things you would be able to craft to go down the mountain really fast which would give you a boost if you wanted to go somewhere.

Mountains would also house special mobs like the ram for example. The ram would be a goat with giant horns that would use the charge attack that the pigs use. It would be able to knock you off the mountain and would make you fall to your doom, so beware

( I do realize how hard it would be to program this but a Goose can dream can't they? )

Snow

Spoiler

I talked about this in the avalanche season but it would make snow an actuall thing and not just a texture over the ground. You could dig it up and use it for different things, and it would also be able to slow you down if it was too thick, but most importantly don't eat the yellow snow!!!

Huts

Spoiler

The hut/house is something we've all been dreaming of in DS. I like not having a house and instead making a giant camp with a campfire and tent, but some people might like having some walls around them. Now how would the work? Imagine seeing a walrus camp. Now when you enter the door, the walls infront of you dissapear but the walls behind you are still there. You could put things down inside the house. The hut would provide you with a bit of heat and would be a cozy place for some people. Now what I like with this idea are the tiny caves. Imagine going around in the snow and seeing a big chunk of snow with a tiny hole in the side. If you walked into the hole you would come into a tiny cave and you'd get some heat resistance and you would be able to set up a campfire inside of the cave and maybe prepare for the night. But some times when you walk into the wrong cave there would be a big angry monster iside it to greet you! You wouldn't be ablte to see it from the outside making it a really funny suprise.

Sickness

Spoiler

You liked poison in Shipwrecked right? Well sickness is poison... TO THE EXTREME!

There would be different kiunds of sicknesses you would be able to get and they would have different ways of being cured. Maybe you'd get a cold by being out in the snow too much? Then you'd get a runny nose and walk alot slower. Curing it would require hot soups and warm blankets. Maybe you got food poisoned? Then you'd have a hard time getting hungerpoints from foods and you'd lose hunger faster. it would be cured by a special medicine. Sickness would be a really complicated poison and would require a more complicated way of curing it.

GIANTS

Spoiler

You didn't think i had forgotten about these guys did you? So let's get started.

The first thing I want to note is how boring the giants are in the base game... They're litterally just hit and run. I've always thought they're really cool looking with great design but they couldn't be more bland to fight. That's why I'm mixing it up a bit. I give you, The giants of WisH

Kluckosaurus

Spoiler

The kluckosaurus is the giant of thawing season. Why you ask? Well I told you that something special would happen in the second year didn't I? If you explore the world of WisH, you'll eventually stumble upon a giant frozen monster. This monster has a hole beneath it which is unacessible becaue of the fact that it's frozen in ice. If Wilson examines the chunk of ice he would say "Luckily that wont melt. Or will it?"

When the second summer dawns, then the humungous beast will rise from the melting ice and it will start laying it's eggs (kind of like the giant M oose/Goose we all know and love) all over the place. She can peck you, slash her tail at you and make a cock a doodle doo noice that makes her call down birds to attack you just like the cuccos in legend of zelda. If you're fast enough then whenever she's made a cuckadoodle noice she will start to peck around on the floor. If you give her something (a rock or some seeds or whatever) she'll start to gobble it up. If you don't have anything equipped you will have the option to yank her wattle (the thing uder her chin). if you do this then you will be able to deal damage to her.

The egg that she spawns will hatch after a day. When it does she will lay another egg. The klucklings that spawns from the egg when Kluckosaurus is alive will be evil towards the player, but if there is an egg left in the world when Kluckosaurus dies, the kluckling that spawns from it will be friendly towards the player. An eggshard spawns on the ground when it hatches and you'll be able to pick it up. The kluckling will follow you around when you have the eggshard on you and it will fight for you. The only problem is that klucklings doesn't survive the cold so they die when the winter comes.

Emperor Pengull

Spoiler

Emperor Pengull is the giant of frozen season. He's not just an emperor pengull, but also the emperor of all pengulls! hue hue I'm so funny. He's a really big fat penguin with a tiny crown on top of his head. He has a radius around him which makes pengulls aggro you without attacking them. He has a melee bite nad can also jump up like the tigershark, but when he lands he proceeds to slide on his giant tummy and tries to hit you.

The problem with Emperor Pengull is that his fat is too thick for you to penetrate. You either have to make him become too fat or too thin, but how? Making him fat is simple. Just feed him alot of food and he will eventually become so fat that he isn't able to move anymore, you can then attack him. But if you don't want to waste that much food on a giant pengull? Then just make him exercise! If you make him run after you enough, then he will eventually become so thin that you're actually able to penetrate his thich skin. He's going to try to run away from you in this form though so beware!

Geti

Spoiler

The Geti is the giant of blizzard season. Because what creature would be able to thrive in the cold? The abominable snowman of course! Imagine him walking slowly up to your base in the darkness with wind holwing in the backround. The geti wouldn't be able to destroy structures. That would be really bad in blizzard season now wouldn't it? 

But how do you fight the Geti? You're not able to penetrate his thick fur with your puny weapon. You're going to have to get the fur off him somehow... here's a hint, the Geti hates heat. If you make him stand near a campfire for a while he'll eventually start to sweat. When he does this he's shaveable. He will allow you to shave off his fur because he thinks it's too warm. When he's shaved he's also attackable. But be careful, his fur grows back rather quickly. His attacks consist of changing the wind around him making it hard to walk around, he's also got a freeze breath and can regenerate health by eating plants. ANY plants.

Why is it called the Geti? Well that's because it's a mix between a Goat and a Yeti! the funny thing is, in Sweden (where I come from) a goat is actually spelled Get, and you pronounce it Yet. Just add an i to Get and it becomes the Geti, pronounced exactly like Yeti but with a goaty twist!

Mamathoo

Spoiler

The Mamathoo is my personal favourite, she's the giant of avalanche season. She comes down from the north to get food so that she will be able to raise her babythoo. The Mamathoo is the giant cousin of the koalefant. But instead of a mix between a koala and an elephant, she's a mix of a kangaroo and a mammoth. She's also a pro boxer and a single mother.

The Mamathoo attacks by punching you just like a boxer (kangaroo anyone?!?!?). She can also jump up in the air like the Tigershark, and her special move makes her charge just like the wildboars. You're not able to get a single hit on her when she's concious though because of her sick boxing skills! How do you get her uncouncious? Do the old red blanket and bull trick! If you make her run into any structure that is breakable (tree, boulder, crockpot, etc) She will break it and then become dizzy, and that's the only moment she will actually be attackable.

One of her drops is the TuskBone. What is the tuskbone? Wilson has it tied to a rope in the promotional poster. It's the eyebone in the world of WisH. Because who's going to raise Mamathoo's baby when she's gone? YOU of course (since you're the one who killed her). The tiny babythoo is named Boxer. (you get it? The name is brilliant, his mother is a boxer and he's also a box because he's able to store items in his mouth/stomach!)

fvbaq41.jpg

ALMOST PREHISTORIC CAVESAlmost pre historic caves with light - kopia.jpg

Spoiler

You know that hole beneath the cluckosaurus right? Well it was unaccessible because there was a giant frozen chicken above it right? Well what do you think happens when that ice melts and you defeat the cluckosaurus? then you're able to venture down into the hole, and what you will find inside it is a world from long ago.... it's not prehistoric though, it's almost prehistoric!

This cave is filled with duinosaurs, but I gave it a little twist. You know that all dinosaurs evolved into birds right? Well these dinosaurs got stuck in the middle and now they roam these caves deep below the cold ice above ground. It's also filled with tropical jungles, weird plants, GIANT mushrooms and a mysterious mushroom as big as a mountain, you can almost see what lingers at the top...

Creatures

Spoiler

Animals APC.jpg

The creatures in the almost prehistoric caves are a weird mix between birds and reptiles. Some of them resemble birds we have on the surface...

Woodrunner:

These velociraptor like creatures roam the APC and they run really fast, but something tells me they'll like pecking alot more in the future... The interesting thing about Woodpeckers is the fact that you'll be able to ride them if you craft a dinosaur saddle. They're a bit different from beefalos though. They can't actually be tamed, only for a little while with livinglogs (their favourite snack). Then you'll be able to equip them with a saddle and they run REALLY fast (unlike those lazy beefaloos).

Toucrookedile:

This creature has a really long neck but is unable to hold it's head up due to the giant beak it has, making it scuttle around with a crooked back (see what I did there?). It's really agressive towards players though so watch out.

Hippoparotus and Oxbird:

These two are inseprable, and you'll always find them together. The hippoparotus are very lazy and mostly lie around while the Oxbirds defend them from predators. But if you either catch or kuill the oxbird, then the hippoparotus wilol go on a rampage and chase you down. Fun fact: If your character talks nea a hippoparotus, then it will try to mimic you but with a muh deeper voice.

Kiwi:

The kiwi is a small brown hairy bird that loves to run around and play. They function exactly like doydoys. You'll find two of them in each corner of the cave, and if you bring them together then they'll try to mate with eachother in order to produce kiwi eggs. Only 20 can exist in one world. The only difference is that the kiwi eggs are actual kiwi fruits, you can pick them upp and eat them, but if you leave them out for too long then they'll eventually hatch and out comes a new kiwi.

Killibri:

The killibri is a giant and menacing creature, although it has really tiny wings making it hard for it to move around. It guards the flower it livews in and will do anything to prevent anyone from touching the nectar inside the flower.

Platypus:

Oh... That's just a platypus... it drops both milk and eggs... that's weird?

Plants

Spoiler

Plants APC.jpg

These tropical plants can only grow due to the warm climate inside of the APC. But you might be able to get some of them up onto the ground...

Baobab:

The baobab is a giant tree that carries a lot of wood. It's just a really good source of logs, it drops more logs but it takes a bit longer for it to grow.

Dragonfruit tree:

The dragonfruit tree does exactly what it sounds like... it grows dragonfruits. It can't survive the harsh weather on the surface though, but if you give it something to help it grow, then maybe it can?

Nectar flower:

The nectar flower produces a nectar that tastes delicious, and it can be used in many ways, BUT it is guarded by a very menacing beast...

Venus flytrap:

The venus flytrap has a habit of eating most things that it comes in contact with but if you manage to kill it, then it will drop seeds which you can plant to get some powerful guards around your home. Imagine them as friendly lureplants, but you have to feed them meat otherwise they'll die.

Jungle berries:

They're just really tasty berries, but they can't survive in the cold. If you bring them up then they will turn into ash. Use them as a food source when you're exploring the caves.

Blade plant:

Blade plants can be harvested for their leaves but you will lose health in the process. You can craft a powerful sword from the leaves.

If you're inside of the APC when thawing season is starting to end then you'll start to feel colder and start to freeze, and you can't stop it no matter how warm your thermal stone is. This means that you have to escape the APC as quickly as you possibly can. If you have any unfinished bussines in the caves then that means you have to wait another year for it to appear. Tough luck I guess...

OK! That's it for now! I've got more ideas but my fingers hurt som i'm going to have to lie down for a bit now... 

I'm going to update this post with:

• Characters (you wanna know who Wynter is don't you?)
  • Biombes
  • Mobs
  • New items
  • New plants and inanimate objects
  • A whole new cave system
  • Adventure mode

Please tell me what you think and make your own suggestions to this expansion. If they're good enough I'll make sure to add them to the Topic, and maybe even do some concept art to it!

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

These ideas are amazing! I love them a lot!!

And the "North" thing can't help but remind me of Fallen London... :p

I wish I would be able to make a mod out of this... making a character mod seems fairly reasonable no it doesn't But making this?! I can't belive that somebody managed to create up&away! They're hardcore!

Well, atleast I'm able to show my ideas to you guys! I really appreciate that you like it! I've always been a fan of the north II was born there so... 

Fallen London huh... Is it the internet game? Cause that looks awesome! Gotta love me some of dem gentlemen!

• Developer
4 minutes ago, MoloMan said:

Fallen London huh... Is it the internet game? Cause that looks awesome! Gotta love me some of dem gentlemen!

Yeap! And the North is a... dreaded place in that game, due to... reasons...

I really liked these ideas though (I know I already said that)! I think I might even get my hands on writing some character strings for it if I have the time.

A few mob ideas.

Wolly Hippo, replaces koalefants. Is not afraid like koalefants. If you attack one wolly hippo then other hippos will attack you. Can mate with another Hippos.

Deer.  Lives in heards. Can also mate.

Beaver.

Welp, after a while, I've decided to post some of my WiH ideas:

Puffy Beefalo:

Nuetral animal

Looks like a beefalo with a bunch of fur around it and smaller, smoother horns. They also have sharp teeth.

550 HP

30 DMG

Drops:

Puffy Wool 100% 2-5

Frozen Meat 100% 2-4

Puffy Beefalo Horn 30% 0-1

They act like normal beefalo, but stay apart more than normal ones.

Frozen Meat:

Food/Meat/Spoils

When eaten raw:

Hunger: +30

Sanity: -30

Health: +1

When eaten cooked:

Hunger: +45

Sanity: +3

Health: +10

When eaten dried:

Sanity: +40

Health: +30

Puffy Wool:

Material

Can be burned

Can get wet

Used for Puffy Vest, Fluffy Hat, more coming soon...

Puffy Beefalo Horn:

Material

Consumable

10 Uses, beckons puffy beefalo to you when used

Can get wet

Puffy Vest Recipe:

5 Puffy Wool, 8 silk, 1 Hippo Skin

Fluffy Hat:

Equippable

Can be burnt

Can't become wet

Provides 240 Insulation when worn

10 days use

Recipe:

1 Puffy Beefalo Horn, 8 Puffy Wool

I guarantee that more is coming soon! Just gotta write them down...

I actually had the same idea of NORTH, but yours is so more complete ! I just thought that Goose Goose could appear since maxwell quotes that it comes from the north totally support you would love to see a dlc like that in the game and especially more characters but I would also like it if they were useful in RoG (unlike woodlegs)

I like the concept, tbh. Definitely has some potential. Although I do not think all of the giants are good enough. I personally only think the Geti is a good enough concept. The mountains could act like a smooth barrier, btw; instead of water, it's the mountains all around the map on which you can climb on. Perhaps 2 - 3 heights for the mountains; so you could climb them from one side, then climb down to end up on the other end of the map. And the Ram seems like a cool idea for the mountains. Another thing I like about this is that it would probably be hard to get food, since it's technically winter all year round. The avalanche at the time of things melting down is pretty nice too and seems to fits well for the season it is in.

I'm BACK! I died, but I got ressurected by the lord of all hells and now I can continue with my dead post!!! So here are some of my character concepts! Sry for the pictures but my brother borrowed my drawing pad that I use for my computer, and now it's in his apartment so I had to use the trusty old paper instead. Hope ya don't care too much.

CHARACTERS

Spoiler

These are the guys you'll be able to play as in the norhtern wilds of WisH. I've tried to make them fit the DS spirit and I think they'll fit in quite well!

Another thing to note about all the characters of WisH is the fact that they're not unlockable by experience. I played through 50 days as Wolfgang trying to get Woodlegs and that was one of the funniest playthroughs I've had, that's why I've decided to make all of these characters unlockable through other ways, much crueler ways....

Wynter

The snowman

Spoiler

image1.jpeg

Wynter the snowman is this worlds Maxwell. You know his backstory if you've read the story of WisH. He's also the hardes character to unlock in the game. "How do I do it?" You might ask. Well, you create him of course! Wynter's body can be found somewhere in the world of WisH. It just looks like three balls of snow on top of eachother. What you have to do is find the other pieces and complete him! The problem is that they're not easy to find. His hat is in the deepest parts of the caves, his scarf is on the highest mountain and his crooked little nose is in the belly of the most dangerous animal.

There's two things that I've come up with that happens when you put him together though. You either get him as a playable character, or he opens up the portal to Wish's Adventure mode, and when you complete taht, then you get him as a playable character. You guys can pick which one's the best.

Now onto Wynter's abilities, and I think you can guess one of them.

* Is fond of the cold, but dislikes the heat.

Yes Wynter is a snowman. This means that he can't die of freezing. This makes him pretty op dontcha think? Well, yeah kinda. But Wynters problem is a bigger burden, mainly the fact that every other season except winter is summer to him. Yes, he melts in every other season. Making him a really op character in WisH, but a really hard character in DS, which I kinda wanted him to be.

* Has a chilly pocket.

Wynter is made of snow, and snow is as cold as ice or maybe.... an ice box? Items rot slower when Wynter has them in his own inventory making him really good at exploring.

*Is cold to hug.

Enemies that attack Wynter will eventually freeze after enough hits. This isn't overpowered because it will take a bunch of hits to make it happen, but it will save him from some bad situations.

I've thought about making all his powers except the first one only work during seasons that aren't winter, just because he should be fun to play in the WisH world as well, but I'm not sure.

Wagnir

The viking

Spoiler

image2.jpeg

If there is one thing I love in this world, then it was to be vikings! I love my big hairy ancestors with their giant weapons and their awesome beards. That's why I love playing as Wigfrid. But the problem with Wigfrid is... She's not a viking. And I don't mean she doesn't look like one, I litterally mean that she aint no viking. She's an actress playing her role really well. That's a really cool way of making a character but it makes me sad. I want a viking in this game, a real viking, and that's why I made one. Meet Wagnir, the viking.

*Has trouble speaking english

Wigfrid tries to mimic a vikings bad speech, but it's much worse than that. Some of his words are in weird scandinavian languages and some makes no sense, like for example:"Löök här på the bösh, dens börrys är cöwårds!" meaning "look at this bush, it's berries are cowards!"

*Has distant relatives

Wagnir is for some reason related to walruses, this means that Mactusk wont aggro at Wagnir unless he decides to attack Mactusk.

*Has a great arsenal

Vikings are the best at making weapons and helmets. Even better than Wigfrid! Wagnir has an indestructible helmet and an indestructible battle axe (not made for cutting wood). They are a bit stronger than your average spear and football helmet, but they're not too strong. Although they're too heavy for anyone else to carry.

*Meat health

Yes, this is every vikings greatest curse. Greens are for the weak, this means that Wagnir only eats meat. Not only that, but he actually has another healthbar called Meat health. He can gain meat health by eating meat. But the meat health will slowly deplete over time, OR if he takes damage! If Wagnir's meat health reaches max, then he'll go on a rampage gaining speed damage and courage for a few seconds! But if he manages to deplete his meat health, then he'll die. Instantly. And the meat health doesn't take reduced damage with armour on.

If it get's to hard to handle then I'll throw in the bonus that he can eat raw meats, making it a little bit easier for him to survive.

I feel bad for not checking this thread out until now. Impressed you even have images to present conceptual ideas to fruition. I really love the Norse motif in this, carrying on from the Wigfrid theme. Same with the character Wagner, his name close to the apocalyptic event "Ragnarok".

Cough* Cough* ughhh.... where am I? Did I get ressurected again? Wow... I should really stop dying... well I should keep working on WisH I guess...

I added the new cave system called Almost prehistoric caves. You should check it out!

I also added Wogga in as another character.

Please tell me what you think of these new ideas and tell me if you want to see more! Cya

On 2016-11-18 at 10:11 AM, minespatch said:

I feel bad for not checking this thread out until now. Impressed you even have images to present conceptual ideas to fruition. I really love the Norse motif in this, carrying on from the Wigfrid theme. Same with the character Wagner, his name close to the apocalyptic event "Ragnarok".

I feel like most people haven't noticed this because I named the post "Winter is Here" and not "AWESOME NEW EXPANSION M8 WOW CEWL XD"

I've always loved vikings, and this is no exception. I didn't actyally think about the fact that the name Wagnir strikes a resemblance with Ragnarök, which just makes him more awesome! And if you like the norse motif I have shown NOW, then just wait til I show you all the other stuff I've got lying around somewhere.

On 17/07/2016 at 11:16 AM, TapeKnot said:

Welp, after a while, I've decided to post some of my WiH ideas:

Puffy Beefalo:

Nuetral animal

Looks like a beefalo with a bunch of fur around it and smaller, smoother horns. They also have sharp teeth.

550 HP

30 DMG

Drops:

Puffy Wool 100% 2-5

Frozen Meat 100% 2-4

Puffy Beefalo Horn 30% 0-1

They act like normal beefalo, but stay apart more than normal ones.

Frozen Meat:

Food/Meat/Spoils

When eaten raw:

Sanity: -30

Health: +1

When eaten cooked:

Hunger: +45

Sanity: +3

Health: +10

When eaten dried:

Sanity: +40

Health: +30

Puffy Wool:

Material

Can be burned

Can get wet

Used for Puffy Vest, Fluffy Hat, more coming soon...

Puffy Beefalo Horn:

Material

Consumable

10 Uses, beckons puffy beefalo to you when used

Can get wet

Puffy Vest Recipe:

5 Puffy Wool, 8 silk, 1 Hippo Skin

Fluffy Hat:

Equippable

Can be burnt

Can't become wet

Provides 240 Insulation when worn

10 days use

Recipe:

1 Puffy Beefalo Horn, 8 Puffy Wool

I guarantee that more is coming soon! Just gotta write them down...

Were have I heard of dis before ;)

Archived