(suggestion) please port warly to dst ahead of sw

Just now, Clwnbaby said:

Yeah Warley would be SUPER OP in Together as everyone will ask him to craft his crockpot for them.  And if he couldn't I'll be the first to say I'll slaughter any Warley for it, PvP or not.

Note to self give flint and portable crock pots to any streamer you meet on a public pvp server.

Warly is the best survivor out of the lot from Shipwrecked as far as i can tell. Walani is the Shipwrecked Willow, Woodlegs depends on his boat,and Wilbur would be strong cause of running and weak cause of no monkeys making him rather bland as he just turns into a higher movement speed character in the original world. 3/4 really only sound good in Shipwrecked.

Warly could provide a nomad style, the "ally" of a Wolfgang or Wigfrid traveling out to explore/fight, or he could stay around base taking care of it and cooking his recipes. I'm not sure how balance would work with him, it'd only make sense if only Warly could pick up his portable crock pot and only Warly could cook his special dishes. If he isn't, than a Wolfgang would be better off just taking a Warly's crock pot and going on his own. I'm not sure how the coding works on that and if it's possible to keep anyone from taking and making his recipes. 

I also don't think his crock pot should be craftable. It'd take away from what HE offers. And instead it'd be make me this, now you're useless. 

I'd love to have Warly in DST so long as he's the only one who can pick up his crockpot. (I see no problem with other players being able to use it, once he's placed it.) Like Lucy. Because otherwise, everyone would want a Warly on their server but no one would actually want to play as him because you'd just get some jerk stealing your crockpot and running away with it as soon as you die.

2 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I'd love to have Warly in DST so long as he's the only one who can pick up his crockpot. (I see no problem with other players being able to use it, once he's placed it.) Like Lucy. Because otherwise, everyone would want a Warly on their server but no one would actually want to play as him because you'd just get some jerk stealing your crockpot and running away with it as soon as you die.

Make it craftable like Willow's lighter or Wendy's flower.

If you could craft extra crockpots and give them to other players, since you can already make extra chef pouches and the unique recipes are technically programmed to only work in Warly's crockpot rather than for Warly, anyone carrying a copy of his stuff would get almost all of his perks and none of his downsides. That's why I think the crockpot should be unique to him and indestructible the way Lucy is. I don't see much that could go wrong with the Warly player being able to put the crockpot down and let someone else cook in it, but it should bounce out of their inventory like Lucy does if they try to take it with them.

btw, there is a  mod for this, although it was kinda buggy last time I tried it.

I agree with Cameo, I think the crock pot shouldn't be craftable or pick-uppable by other characters, because if it was it would result in the Warly player losing all character perks once everyone has a crock pot. Alternatively, giving Warly some other perks in multiplayer (ex, meals that he cooks give everyone more stats than normal) would solve this issue.

2 minutes ago, Snowhusky5 said:

btw, there is a  mod for this, although it was kinda buggy last time I tried it.

I agree with Cameo, I think the crock pot shouldn't be craftable or pick-uppable by other characters, because if it was it would result in the Warly player losing all character perks once everyone has a crock pot. Alternatively, giving Warly some other perks in multiplayer (ex, meals that he cooks give everyone more stats than normal) would solve this issue.

Yeah, I've played as him with the DST Warly and Shipwrecked Together mods, and they were kinda glitchy. (The emotes were a thing of horror.)

Technically he still gains extra stats from eating crockpot food, but that's a pretty minor perk if everyone else also gets a portable crockpot and icebox-backpack; it just counterbalances the fact that he doesn't gain as much from eating regular food.

No thank you, a mod can do that and I don't see why it should be a good idea to make it official. We still don't have Maxwell, and SW is way far away into being merged with DST, which still isn't a certainty. And adding Warly is unfair over the other characters, who at that point should be added too. 

Use a mod if you want to play as him, but it would be bad if he got prioritised over other content for DST

Archived