The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

(My auto-correct changed it from Weah, Wheke is from a different RP, my apologies.)

"I have a ciggie lighter, not a torch, and the dust keeps messing with the ignition... If something died I could guide the soul... But otherwise, I've got nothing."

Emerald eyes dart from left to right as Ysulyan continues to trot his way through the dark cave, avoiding damage from falling stones at all costs, dodging stalagmites. No more light bulb plants were nearby, so anything beyond a few feet was completely pitch black. Raising his voice now, he tried calling for anyone who might be nearby... He couldn't possibly be alone there, right? He took one of the light bulbs and raised it above his head, trying to increase the radius of its brightness, at the same time trying to signal for anyone by waving it around. He grimaced, that was probably a bad idea, but he kept going on.

5 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Just as they were about to walk, she heard someone calling from a distance.

And that voice yelled out

gaaaay-widget-a2734e-h900.jpg

But that was only their imaginations... their current state had conjured up a random voice and sound in their desperation...

And like that of a bubble it popped out of existence carrying the last message it uttered... "gayyy~"

I couldn't help myself O__O I'll just be on the other side of the island never to be seen from or hear from again, good day O__O

• Like 3

Ysulyan barely caught up a strange word in the distance. Something about gay. He shrugged it off as it was surely product of his imagination. Maybe those hits on his head left him delirious? At any rate, he could see something in the distance as soon as he focused. It was the sight of... Light! Was it fire? With his hopes renewed, he smiled for a brief moment and then started to head into the direction of its source.

Dragon Mage could hear footsteps behind them. She turned and saw, what looked like to be a dragon-like being, emerge from the darkness. But... where were his wings? She turned to face him, unsure whether he was a lost soul like them or just another monster. "Who are you?" she asked, ready to attack if he was hostile. She noticed he wore clothes which may indicate he was like them. Still, she didn't let her guard down.

(Again, added more info in my post -_- mainly because I wanted to include some of the info the old version of this thread asked for. Age, gender, era, world, etc. I will remove it if Danny doesn't want me to include that).

Edited by DragonMage156

As he approached the light, he noticed something peculiar: most of them were humans in that group... Ugh, humans... Apart from that, what seemed to be a mixture between a human and a humming bird? But what would strike him most peculiar was the half-dragon being who first addressed him. Noticing they were speaking that strange language he has heard before, he recollected his memories and knowledge of it, the best way he could. Clearing his throat and approaching them with hands raised to reveal no weapons, he glanced at the ones present there and spoke out in a very strange and foreign accent. "Greetings. I just woke up here, lost and confused!" He said out loud, as the earthquake was still present, and then added, "I was looking for hel--" a stone fell onto the tip of his snout, making him pause for a moment and growl.

Mortimus, startled, flicked out his scythe.

"What? Who?" Upon seeing the... dragon? It looked like a dragon at any rate, not trying to kill him, he retracted it. "Hello!"

There was a loud squeaking sound, as a creature was crushed. Mortimus pricked up. 

"Sanctimus Deus, Spiritum Monumentum Albium..." (DOG LATIN FOR THE WIN!) He spoke faster and faster, until a ball of light became clearly visible. He pulled it towards him, and glanced at the group.

"Let's go"

Qwin looked over at the newcomer and seeing that it was another dragon like Dragon Mage she wondered if certain groups were targeted to be put down here. She was relieved when he started to talk since she didn't want another fight to break out like the first time. Once Mortimus pulled the light towards him her mind snapped out of wondering and looked at him. In the back of her mind a question still remained, where could they even go if everything was the same?

"I still have no idea where to go!" Dragon Mage shouted over the quake. She heard a sound and looked up. "Look out!!" A large rock was falling from the ceiling. Dragon Mage managed to knock some people back with her wings before falling backwards (landing on her butt) and dodging the rock. It seemed the quake subsided a little.

(I'll let someone else decide whether the quake stops or not. Also, dragon people for the win! Maybe Maxwell got bored :p )

"Uh, hey I--" he was about to speak out loud when the one human person with the scythe started to speak some unknown words. Surprised he was when the human with dragon features shouted out loud, and he was pushed back by the wind produced with the flapping of her wings. He barely moved enough to not be crushed completely by the rock, its weight landing a few inches in front of the green dragon. He gasped and froze in place, eyes widely opened and shaking in place. Luckily, the quake was starting to subside, and he panted, "it is almost as if the earth itself is willing to kill us. Such dangers, such darkness. What manner of place is this?"

Qwin fell to the ground only escaping death because of Dragon mage. Her arm was cut on a rock leaving a long gash down it but at the time she didn't notice as she sat up looking to where they were. " Is everyone alright?" She asked as the earthquake started to slow. She got up and offered her hand to Dragon mage to help her up also." Thank you, if you hadn't pushed me back I'd be flatter than a pancake!" She laughed lightly after saying that.

Edited by Mezukie

"No problem" Dragon Mage said, taking Quin's hand. Feeling the worst part of it was over, her wings disappeared. "Oh you're hurt" she said with great concern. "That looks bad. We need to cover that wound".

(Btw, I didn't push you guys back with wind, I simply pushed you guys back with my actual wings, feeling that a gust of wind wouldn't really do much. That's what I imagined as I wrote that.)

Edited by DragonMage156
Just realized I spelt problem wrong.

Ysulyan was already feeling much more stable with the earthquake gone. But the silence in the distance was disturbing. He looked around and then shared some of his light bulbs with others. He struggled a bit to talk clearly, "Here, I found these while running, they seem to give a fine amount of light... Just in case." There were enough for each, regardless of any torches or light sources they had, he simply shared them. "We should really find a way out of this place, and I'd rather not wait much longer, lest we are found in the middle of another earthquake."

"Thanks" Dragon Mage said. She looked down at the glowing bulb in her hand. It was odd. It seemed alive yet it felt lifeless. She shrugged it off as she's seen weirder stuff before this world. Even being able to conjure fire in your hand or bring out wings and claws at will was pretty unexplainable when you think about it. She was thinking how she would respond if anyone asked about it. She shook the thought from her mind for now and followed the others.

Qwin turned the glowing bulb around in her hand. She's never seen anything like this before but it comforted her to know there was some kind of lights down here and not just complete darkness.  She started to look around as she followed the group. Maybe theres some way up? Any exit will do really just as long as they get out. She looked to her companions who were all silent right now. She didn't particularly like this since she was use to noise so she decided to speak up. " So where are you guys all from? You know before all-" she waved the hand not holding the lightbulb around "-this,".

Dragon Mage was one of the first to speak. "Well I'm kinda from a small obscure land called Freebirdia. Most of the people there are really nice. It's kinda like my home away from home. There's a large castle and a small township surrounded by forests. It's quite a peaceful land but the forests can be kinda dangerous. What about you?"

Qwin was grateful that she could get someone to talk to her and in her head thanked Dragon Mage. " Well were I came from is very different I can say for one I only ever saw a forest in a book once. There's a lot of tall buildings and very busy streets. I think only very few parts of my town even had grass now that I think about it," She mindlessly started to rub were her gash that had stopped bleeding to try to get some blood away as she recalled her home. " I certainly wouldn't say peaceful though as it can get rather bad a lot of times," her voice drifted off at the last sentence as she seemed to be in a daze.

Qwin snapped back to reality at this question then looked at Theo. "Oh, something like Zervidia I think... I'll be honest that I didn't even go to school much when I could so it's probably somewhat wrong and all the accents saying it differently can get confusing," she looked back to the gash on her arm inspecting it to see the damage done.