The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

(Good point).

The egg the Dragon Mage had retrieved earlier was glowing slightly and pulsating. Dragon Mage looked at the egg with a slightly confused look. She sat up and pulled it closer to her. It was warm and felt... different. Almost as if it had some sort of reaction to something recently. Was it the spiders? The fire it sat next to? Maybe some form of shadow exposure? ... Or maybe it was when she unleashed that giant jet of flame. Ofcoarse. Dragon Mage knew she couldn't have unleashed that on her own, atleast not without completely fainting. Maybe the egg sensed danger and sent out some form of magic or assistance to the defender, that being Dragon Mage.

(I can up with this theory one day on a whim. Not completely plausible right now but hopefully it helps with story progression).

Once the meat was cooked enough on each side, he used a claw to cut his piece and check the center to see if it was still raw. Fortunately it did not seem as if. That meat was strange though. The sides were crusty and at least it smelled somewhat better now. He grabbed the rock slab with his hands, which were covered in some green energy now, and set it on the ground to let it cool with the food, the fire still roaring. His palms hissed and there was a bit of smoke coming out of there but he did not seem to be in pain. After he settled down the rock, which now served as a primitive tray, he sat down next to the fire and sighed. "What a curious egg you have there, half-sister."

"Yeah" she replied "I've never seen it glow like this... and it's kinda warm" she hugged it even closer as if using it as a thermal stone in Winter. She decided to try some of the meat."Mm" it didn't taste as bad as it looked but it had a bitter after taste. After a few seconds, it made her feel light headed and a little bit weaker.

(Going by the effects of cooked monster meat: -3 health and -10 sanity).

"I'm not that hungry. I'll just have a little bit." He bit into it. It seemed OK... he had had worse meals to be honest.

"Better than some food I've eaten by far. Then again, I've eaten a lot of nasty stuff"

(-1 health and -5 sanity)

Qwin took as much as she could and just ate the meat without a second thought. "This is pretty good, even though it has a weird tang to it. Probably going to get some kind of upset stomach but hey gotta eat," she looked over at Dragon Mage. "I wonder how long it'll take before it hatches?"

(-3 health, -10 sanity)

The gloom becons. The shadows stalk. We are being watched.

The darkness grows as light fades. Night is upon us.

The powers are theirs. We are not save. God may you help us?

There is no God, only the Devil and the monsters of the night.

They hunger for flesh, they thirst for blood. Another innocent soul has been taken.

For no one is safe when the Gloom Becons.

Ysulyan did not eat. Monster meat was no good for him.

When everyone took their bite, he packed what was left for later consumption. He improvised a bag with what little he had left of his linen shirt and left it next to him as he sat on the tree stump. If everyone was going to go to sleep, then he'd keep watch just in case. He had a good night sleep the day before being dragged to that place anyway, he was feeling quite awake. Borrowing someone's axe, he kept an eye out for problems and made sure the fire was kept alive by adding some grass from time to time and, reluctantly, a few pinecones. Sacrifice was sometimes needed for survival, after all.

(I'm fine with that ^^! I hope it gets going again :D)

Qwin looked around the area they set a base at. This wasn't much but at least they had light to make it a somewhat safe spot. "How big do you guys think this cave is?" she questioned the others as she looked up at the ceiling, following the small paths of light that fell down from the cracks. Perhaps they could get up there somehow? Light would mean a surface after all. But how could they go about that? And would they find anything better if they did make it up there?

(Sure, infact, let's get some more people into this RP! It might be cool!)

"Well, the cave system is probably mind-bogglingly big. Like, 'you should've seen the one that got away' big. However, we should probably focus less on how big this place is, and more on how we can leave."

"Well that's true but if this place is big then the way out may be quiet far away. Of course speculating wouldn't help much at least it gives us time to think on how well we're going to be for a while. Do you think we can get a reliable source of food somewhere down here? That meat was a little unsettling, not that I'm complaining since it is still food. Oh but the light form above is a welcoming sign too, meaning there is a surface at least... Though I'm not sure how to get up there," Qwin said as she shifted to get in a more comfortable position.

(Well I guess we just have to see how far we can go with what we have and hope some more will join then?)

(@sirscrubbingtont very well)

A chilly wind blew through the cave. It made Dragon Mage shiver. She brought out her wings to try and use them for a cover but she wished she had come more prepared. However, no one could have seen this happen and are just as unprepared as she was. She drifted back off to sleep and hoped that her dream would be more pleasant than the cave they were stuck in.

26 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

(I think one of the reasons this died is because there was no objective. If the character have no aim and are pretty much doomed to die down there than what's the point? :/ )

Now we just have to find the reason why you bumped this :p