Choices: Order or Chaos

Who should Webber side with? EDIT: The poll is now closed, a story about Webber siding with Wes will be out on March 2nd.   

11 members have voted

1. 1. This poll will determine which story is written. By Tuesday March 1st 2016, whatever side has more votes will get a story.

• The King
    • Wes

Choices: Order or Chaos 

A fictional Don't Starve Together story. 

From Webber's point of view. 

I continued my journey in the woods. I was hoping to find a good place to set up a permanent base, perhaps near some beefaloes. I eventually found a desert biome, which had plenty of hound mounds. I investigated to see if I could potentially set up a base there. The area had four hound mounds in close proximity. It also had cacti and vultures, which meant plenty of food year round. I set up a fire pit, then I left to go find some reeds. I wanted to gather manure and papyrus before really getting settled in my desert home. I made my way to a swamp and gathered what few reeds had been left unpicked. I had enough for four sheets of papyrus, which meant I could at least make a birdcage. I then explored the area for a while until I found some beefalo. The herd I found was small, but after two days of gathering I had about two stacks of manure and almost a stack of beefalo wool. 

I payed attention to chat as I went back to my base. Tension seemed to be stirring, some people were recruiting new spawns for battle. I had a feeling that somebody was pulling strings in the background, trying to start a big battle. When I got back to my base, I made some extra armour and spears just in case something happened. My base was near the hound mounds, but far enough away the hounds wouldn't come to me. I planted my spider nest in the middle of my buildings to keep out intruders. I built a science machine and eventually an alchemy engine. Soon after came a bird cage, then some drying racks. My little base was coming along quite nicely. I spent the next few days adding to my base and gathering supplies for winter. It was halfway through autumn now, and chat was filled with people asking to join bases for the winter. 

But, one day I somebody walking into my base. It was a Woodie, clad in nightmare armour and gripping a dark sword. He didn't seem hostile, which was surprising considering his gear. He asked me if I had seen a Wes nearby. I told him I hadn't, but then a thought hit me. I wondered why he was searching for Wes. I couldn't think of a definite answer, but I theorized Woodie might be part of somebody's war band. I asked him about it before he left, and he said he worked for somebody called "The King". That definitely sounded suspicious. "The King" must have been leading one of the war bands that was causing the chat tension. I didn't know what to do, but now I knew to watch out for "The King". The next day, the Woodie came back. But, this time he brought along six other people. 

I thought for sure they were going to raid my base, but they stood outside of it, watching the surrounding area. I considered why they didn't come closer. It might have been the spider nest, but a group of seven like that could have taken out the tiny tier one nest in seconds. I had a feeling they were looking for someone, and while they were waiting I moused over their usernames. I identified who "The King" was, but then I read the other WX-78's name. This was the same WX-78 who had caused me so much grief a long time ago (see Webber saga). I was surprised he hadn't just attacked me. I figured he was part of The King's party, but it wasn't like what I had seen from him to let others lead him. Then I saw who The King was looking for. 

It was a Wes accompanied by a Wickerbottom. In fact, it was the very same Wes who had fought against me, and then by my side so long ago. It was nice to see a friendly face in these harsh times. The King saw Wes too, but his group stood his ground. The King seemed determined to settle this diplomatically. Wes recognized me, and so did WX-78. I stood between these two parties, and Wes tried to convince me to join him even though he was outnumbered. WX-78 called for me to join The King and help them fight Wes. If I joined Wes I would make enemies with The King, but if I joined The King, Wes would become my enemy. The only way out of this was to pick a side, but it seemed like there was no right choice... 

Archived