new dry season boss idea

volcanic crab?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. should the volcanic crab be added to the game?

• yes
    • no
    • Maybe
    • yes but it shouldn't be a boss

A few days into dry season the volcano would wake up and turn into the volcanic crab 

It would be a GIGANTIC super boss with 4 attacks that it would do in random orders so that you couldn't just learn the pattern 

One of the attacks would be it swiping at you with one of its claws and making big waves in the process 

Another attack would be it makes a small eruption and sends a few boulders crashing down

Another would be this   he would submerge himself underwater and then about 2 seconds later he will burst out of the sea sending big waves in every direction 

And last but not least he will smash both his claws into the sea sending out a HUGE tidle wave

I don't have any pictures of it but should soon 

Once you defeat him he will turn back into a volcano and drop obsidian and special armor that will make you immune to fire and overheating 

And it will protect you greatly from damage 

And it has a chance to drop a crab egg that can be hatched into a domesticated lava crab which will follow you and you can cook food on it and it will provide light 

And the rest of dry season the volcanic eruptions would stop      after you defeat him

• Developer

I like the idea, but the loot sounds a bit lacking for a boss fight like that.

Reminds me way too much of Dragonfly's loot and her egg...

Maybe you could get one of his lava pincers as some kind of weapon as well, or some other kind of loot, to give it more variety?

I like the volcanic crab idea, but dragoons seem to be the focus of the volcano (considering the meteors are dragoon eggs, thus I'd expect a dragoon mother somewhere) so I wouldn't want the entire volcano being the creature.

Oh

45 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I like the idea, but the loot sounds a bit lacking for a boss fight like that.

Reminds me way too much of Dragonfly's loot and her egg...

Maybe you could get one of his lava pincers as some kind of weapon as well, or some other kind of loot, to give it more variety?

OK thanks for the idea 

I was looking for more variety 

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I like the volcanic crab idea, but dragoons seem to be the focus of the volcano (considering the meteors are dragoon eggs, thus I'd expect a dragoon mother somewhere) so I wouldn't want the entire volcano being the creature.

Oh :wilsondisappointed:

I feel that It would be cool to have a boss emerge from the volcano, and it could be a lava avatar with a new character inside when you beet him.

Attacks might be:

spitting lava into the air

A ground / water stomp that the players would have time to react to

and a narrow lunge that players would have to move to either the left or right to avoid.

Loot: Meet, Obsidian and other suggestions needed.

Archived