Game Update - 163306 - 01/21/2016

• Developer

Changes

• Cave Spiders will no longer target monsters or Webber
  • Increased Varg health as intended for multiplayer balancing
  • Improved player animation loop while using a Wardrobe

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug related to player profile saving default base skin selection incorrectly
  • Fixed bug when playing as random character your clothing was reset
  • Fixed bug when playing as random character and ending up as invisible Werebeaver
  • Fixed animation bug with certain eating animations for player characters
  • Fixed animation bug when attacking with Wendy and Wigfrid
  • Fixed bug where banning by user ID did not save if the player was not on the server at that time
  • Fixed bug with in game announcements not logging properly
  • Fixed issue where some mods with bad modinfo files could result in other mods failing to load as well

Hot Fix - 163475 - 01/22/2016

• Fixed bug with uppercase UTF-8 strings when WX-78 speaks
  • Fixed bug with entities sometimes getting stuck in a frozen state near fires
  • Fixed crash when haunting a Houndius Shootius
  • Fixed crash when fires were unintentionally spreading to Night Lights, as they do require fuel to properly ignite

17 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug where banning by user ID did not save if the player was not on the server at that time

There is a question about this update. So now without server restart we can ban someone even if he is not in the server.. What if we want to remove the ban do we have to restart server? Is there any command for that? if there is no, can you please add a command for that too. Thanks :).

Also this temporary ban did not work too. I mean it seems like it works. I banned someone for 7 days but he could enter to the server by next day.. It seems like it is broken as well. Talking about this command:

TheNet:BanForTime( user_id, time_in_seconds )

7 days in seconds should be added like (7x24x60x60) whatever the result is. But it did not work.

Can you check maybe timer if it resets when you stop server? Or I will play around with this and report you back

this command never adds KU_id of a player to the blocklist so once he is banned it is like he is invisibly banned and time in seconds does not really seem to work as expected. There should be their KU_id in blocklist as well that indicates their KU_id and for how long they are banned maybe?

Found a bug: The compass has East and West reversed.  Must have been this way all along; goes to show how often people use the thing.  This first screenshot is North, with Northeast and Northwest labeled.

Spoiler

North.jpgNortheast: Bees on top.  Northwest: Bees on the right.  Simple enough.

Spoiler

Northeast%20is%20Northwest.jpg

North by North...West?  I thought it was supposed to be Northeast.  Am I going to be strafed by a crop duster?  It's not something I want to take chances with.

Spoiler

Northwest%20is%20Northeast.jpg

East is West and West is East.  What's next, rhubarb that tastes like prunes?

Steps to reproduce:

• Stand in the place where you are.
  • Now face West.
  • Think about directions, wonder why you haven't before.  Okay, I'm done now.

8 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

Must have been this way all along; goes to show how often people use the thing.

Unless they change the recipe for it to 1 grass, 2 sticks, I don't think many people will use the darn thing much, and you can also tell which way is north, and which way is south easily without it.

I kinda just craft it in servers where people ask where the base is during winter or summer and someone who's rotated their maps gives the directions...

I make a silent rage under my breath and make a compass and shove it up their faces... <__<

• Developer
1 hour ago, Gingerbread said:

Also this temporary ban did not work too. I mean it seems like it works. I banned someone for 7 days but he could enter to the server by next day.. It seems like it is broken as well. Talking about this command:

TheNet:BanForTime( user_id, time_in_seconds )

7 days in seconds should be added like (7x24x60x60) whatever the result is. But it did not work.

Can you check maybe timer if it resets when you stop server? Or I will play around with this and report you back

this command never adds KU_id of a player to the blocklist so once he is banned it is like he is invisibly banned and time in seconds does not really seem to work as expected. There should be their KU_id in blocklist as well that indicates their KU_id and for how long they are banned maybe?

Temporary bans do not save, and are reset if you stop the server.

• Developer
1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

Found a bug: The compass has East and West reversed.  Must have been this way all along; goes to show how often people use the thing.  This first screenshot is North, with Northeast and Northwest labeled.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Steps to reproduce:

• Stand in the place where you are.
  • Now face West.
  • Think about directions, wonder why you haven't before.  Okay, I'm done now.

The compass is actually working as intended! :wilson_dorky:

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

North by North...West?  I thought it was supposed to be Northeast.

20 minutes ago, V2C said:

The compass is actually working as intended! :wilson_dorky:

Yeah that's just how a compass works. The needle pointing at Northwest on the dial doesn't mean you're facing Northwest. 

The needle points North. When you're facing East, the needle points to your left because that's where North is. It would be more intuitive if you could spin the dial the way you would with a real compass. 

9 hours ago, Gingerbread said:

well servers have to reset to update so this option seems not really useful at all. because we also gotta stop server to remove a perma-ban

"Remove a perma-ban?" It seems like part of the problem is that you're perma-banning the people who you want banned temporarily. 

1 hour ago, megastu said:

"Remove a perma-ban?" It seems like part of the problem is that you're perma-banning the people who you want banned temporarily. 

Whoever I banned is permanently banned except for some people who I want to remove and I remove them in the end. Noting down to somewhere and when the time comes I remove them. Instead of taking notes it would be better to have this option but this temporary ban seems useless at the moment since I frequently stop servers (at least once a day) Under these circumstances there is no use of tempo ban option. I will keep noting people who are temporarily banned. If you read my messages above you will understand what I am really trying to say.

You gotta save them as perma ban even if they are temporarily banned cuz tempo ban option is useless after server restart and it resets the timer.

98% of perma bans are real perma ban so it is not that bad to note down couple of tempo bans at the moment.

Wendy and another character with pigtails has some problems on Idle looking right or left looks a kinda buggy. Try it. Also when the player wears an backpack and the idle also looks a bit buggy. I cannot demostrate it in video, because I don't have anything to record.

2016-01-23_00005.jpg

13 hours ago, Neutral_Steve said:

Wendy and another character with pigtails has some problems on Idle looking right or left looks a kinda buggy. Try it. Also when the player wears an backpack and the idle also looks a bit buggy. I cannot demostrate it in video, because I don't have anything to record.

-snip-

Yep, this is actually becoming a thing that every update some animation gets screwed, and talking about that:

Spoiler

qXYOC5w.png

The tool should be behind the player's head. This doesn't happen with the right character on the menu.

Archived