Mena's Random Arts of Stuff and Things

MenaAthena

Heeeeeyyyy, remember that paintbrush T-Shirt design I made like a month ago? Well I finally got off my lazy butt, sat right back down because I'm not gonna stand at the computer like one of those weirdos who buys expensive lift-able desks, and got it up on my RedBubble shop. (Geez everything else on there is super old).

https://www.redbubble.com/people/menaathena/works/27841560-splash

Now it's there if by some miracle any of you manage to get some extra money and decide to spend it on a shirt you'll only wear like once before stuffing it in a closet.

20171001_110532.thumb.jpg.bb0cc6ce12114ba631d80f947f9e24d8.jpg

Inktober day 1: Swift

Yeah, I'm participating in Inktober this year! This thread will actually be fairly active for once! Yaaaaaaay!
And as for what the prompt "Swift" has to do with an elven guy facepalming, one of the PCs in the D&D campaign I'm in is an elf whose name roughly translates to Swift in common (at least I think so. Might be misremembering), and since I didn't have any better ideas, I drew him. He also facepalms at our antics a lot so how could I draw him in any other pose.

Not that happy with how this came out, to be honest. Aside from the hair I mostly just see mistakes. It's okay though; improving is most of what this challenge is about. I had just hoped my first entry would have been better.

Inktober Day 2: Divided

I'm putting it in a spoiler because gore and possibly body horror? It doesn't bother me, personally, but I'm not everyone, so I'm spoilering it just to be safe and considerate.

Spoiler

20171002_144542.jpg

I feel like this one's pretty self explanatory. It'd make a neat sticker sheet too.

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Poor Mina failed the spy exam. r.i.p. Mina.:wilson_sneaky:

With a  bit of cleaning up, the image would make a good sticker.

I would put it up on my RedBubble shop as such, but unfortunately I don't have any way of taking a good enough picture for it.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.197fa12aefa8cdee99ed774486838acd.png

Does this work?

Huh. I'd need to reapply more red on type cut flesh areas, and maybe cut out the blood drops and rearrange the body parts so that they'd form their own separate stickers, but it certainly will work. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Beautiful work on the scales! You mut've been very careful when working on this.

After I got the scales on the face done, I realized most of the scales on the body were just elongated hexagons, so it was mostly a matter of repetition from there.

3 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

I had planned on doing some cross-hatch like shading, but once I put the outlines around everything, it looked so good I didn't want to risk ruining it.

Same here. When I do a really good drawing (like Dragon vs Wolf or my recent Dragon Fight) I'm scared to pen it and colour it >_<

Archived