Feedback on Pack'em Baggins

A few days ago, I came across the Shipwrecked version of Chester, "Pack'em Baggins". Cool! But I feel he's a placeholder until you can think up 1) a better name for him and 2) a better graphic. He feels/looks very "rough". I think a pelican would work well as a Chester character that can fly with you for DS: Shipwrecked because of its large pouch (forgive me if that's what you meant the graphic to look like, right now, the graphic is kinda' smashed together so it's difficult to distinguish).

Why not make this guy's name: "Porter"? Much simpler and its definition-->A porter is: "a person employed to carry luggage and other loads..." It also fits with the idea of living on islands since a 'port' is a town with a harbor where ships load & unload. Perfect!

Just my thoughts on this neat character. I was wondering how'd you fit Chester into Shipwrecked or if you'd replace him. Very cool idea having a flying creature! :)

i have a name for him , pack'en bugging :grin: , ok ok i apologiaze for this unconveniant joke , i get out XD

13 hours ago, Laconia2 said:

2) a better graphic. He feels/looks very "rough".

About his sprite , i actualy like it , and the whole world of shipwrecked is rough. A pelican is a good idea , and eat fish if you store some in him. that make sens for me ^^ .

" there is no accounting for taste " but i really like him as it is ^^

I'll be honest when i first saw how he looked i was not very impressed. But still, i grow attached to almost anything passive/friendly in don't starve because of how lonely it gets...

Anyway, i like porter as a name. As for the way he looks, i don't think it necessarily needs to change. I do think they were going for some pelican-like creature though.

packim is a name to go wit the carribean theme, i live in the carribean i  think there should be more names like this and its like an accent when u are in a grocery in the  carribean we tend to do say thing sings go pack em' bags before we go out or we should go see dem food products

klei i think you should keep it up u are doing extremely well and i like the carribean references like the coconut man that looks like a rastafarian u

Archived