Game Update 162028 - 01/07/2016

• Developer

Changes

• Using a controller to inspect other players will now bring up their character popup

• Improved unicode text entry support for Lobby chat and Writeable signs

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug with item count when crafting Waterballoons

• Fixed bug where Werebeaver is sometimes not visible

• Fixed rare crash when a player is interrupted while entering a tent

• Fixed various layering bugs with player clothing skins

Hotfix 162028 - 01/08/2016

• Fixed rare crash in Penguin Herds
  • Fixed bug causing "Version Out of Date" error to sometimes popup when it shouldn't

• Developer

@anselch1011, I've attached a walkthrough of the steps I've used to successfully type Korean text into the chat.  Perhaps you are doing something different?

1. Press [y] to toggle on chat bar (IME is currently inactive)

post-284973-0-43123200-1452291381_thumb.

2. Press [alt]+[shift] to toggle on IME

post-284973-0-04481300-1452291382_thumb.

3. Type [d], [k],

post-284973-0-41575300-1452291382_thumb.

4. Type , , [d]

post-284973-0-91669800-1452291382_thumb.

5. Press [enter] to send chat message

post-284973-0-34050700-1452291383_thumb.

6. Press [alt]+[shift] to toggle off IME

post-284973-0-09237400-1452291384_thumb.

@anselch1011, I've attached a walkthrough of the steps I've used to successfully type Korean text into the chat.  Perhaps you are doing something different?

1. Press [y] to toggle on chat bar (IME is currently inactive)

attachicon.gif1.png

2. Press [alt]+[shift] to toggle on IME

attachicon.gif2.png

3. Type [d], [k],

attachicon.gif3.png

4. Type , , [d]

attachicon.gif4.png

5. Press [enter] to send chat message

attachicon.gif5.png

6. Press [alt]+[shift] to toggle off IME

attachicon.gif6.png

2, "Press alt + shift" to toggle on IME" is different.

Normally, we koreans do not use that toggle key.

we generally use "Hangeul/English" key as toggle key.

This key is normaly only for korean keyboard, I know.

and...

I used alt + shift, and typed d, k, s.

but any message didn't show.

here is screen shot.

we koreans always use IME for typing not only korean but also english.

and, we do not toggle off IME, this is different with you.

Normally, IME is always active.

post-606286-0-02105100-1452307071_thumb.

post-606286-0-25900200-1452307086_thumb.

• Developer
I used alt + shift, and typed d, k, s. but any message didn't show. here is screen shot. Attached Images

The character from [d], [k], , is still in the IME window, so the next key you press or [space] or [enter] should commit it.

The character from [d], [k], , is still in the IME window, so the next key you press or [space] or [enter] should commit it.

Yes, of course, I did that space or enter. but no message showed.

I think, It could be difference about IME using method.

As you can see my attached screen shot, we always use IME method not only korean but also english.

and...

I think, "Toggle on before chat, then toggle off after chat" would be not good for doing something while chatting. T.T

[added]

I use English Windows OS and Windows Korean Language Pack.

but, my friend using Korean Windows OS said your IME toggle on/off chat system is working for him.

however, I cannot use that system...T.T

post-606286-0-48280700-1452308101_thumb.

Hmm interesting, I've tried doing it your way, leaving it in Korean IME, and toggling Eng/Han using the [right-alt] key, works for me as well.

Anyway, thank you for your support :)

I should try re-install game or re-install my OS as Korean Windows system. T.T

I have a general request to improve the log system for server owners' sanity sake. My current problems are:

- cannot find person's KU_ number (their ID) from chat logs unless person says something in chat. Instead you have to dig through game logs for that info (if they didn't get erased by game reset).

- no GMT/Local/ANY time tracking in logs - this is in case I need to find a person that I do not know name or KU_Number of.

- no means to prevent logs from overwriting themselves upon game reset to day 1 within game (excluding manual copy of course)

Thanks, for your time!

-art

Thank you for IME support. Now I can type Korean into the game.  But the real worry is not.  I am a developer and can talk about a real problem.  If selected Korean language, I can't affect DST character.  It must be switched to English input mode.

It is difference that you don't know. MS Korean Windows has been configured by single IME. This IME can be toggle between English and Korean by a input key. You can easily try this for test.  1. In your case, select the Korean IME (Not necessary removing the English IME from your windows.).  2. Toggle the input mode using click an icon appears to look as "가". 3. Type 'd' key. It is seems appears 'ㅇ'. 4. press enter. 5 Try move your character.

I think this problem caused by alphabet key mapping. Please change it to keycode mapping.

I have a general request to improve the log system for server owners' sanity sake. My current problems are:

- cannot find person's KU_ number (their ID) from chat logs unless person says something in chat. Instead you have to dig through game logs for that info (if they didn't get erased by game reset).

- no GMT/Local/ANY time tracking in logs - this is in case I need to find a person that I do not know name or KU_Number of.

- no means to prevent logs from overwriting themselves upon game reset to day 1 within game (excluding manual copy of course)

Thanks, for your time!

-art

This would be really useful.. chat_log.txt or log.txt (preferably chat_log.txt cuz it would allow us to see Ku id even he talks or not. Also useful to see all info in one file, while reading what happened in the server u can also learn his KU id even he did not talk). chat_log.txt should contain player's KU id on join something like this maybe

[Join Announcement] Gingerbread

KU_aabbccdd - 70000111122223333 - Gingerbread

So the first one should be Ku id and second one should be steam id so we can find their steam page too. Steam page must be contained too because some tricky players try to escape from being banned by changing their username by 10 times. Someone reports them with their latest username so we can easily keep track of the person.

Well currently it is manageable to find these infos but if we can see in this form it would be quicker and easier.

@V2C,

Found a mini problem... When you restart server with same save, clothes turn into default for everyone. so if you got ur tuxedo on it goes away and game leaves you with default clothes of wilson. This happened to me and after another restart (I was not in the server at second restart) CassieCroft (a friend) reported me that same thing happened to all players in the server too.

@V2C,

Also another thing I wanna mention V2C. Can you guys add a line to chat_log.txt or log.txt (idk which one is a better place to add the line), so we can know who banned a specific person. Because if a person is banned via ban button (not console command), I don't think there is a way to learn who did that. I checked log.txt it says the person is banned gives info about the banned guy but there is no info about the person who banned him. I got bunch of admins at the moment (for the sake of protecting a vanilla server from a griefer horde visiting the server every once in a while) and it is hard to keep track of the situation. Thanks.

Archived