[DLC] Isn't that starting team a bit overpowered?

I'm talking about Draco + Archive Decker.

Draco's augment gives him a random skill point for every dead body he scans, and he has a gun with one bullet, which you can reload.

Archive Decker has a non rechargeable gun, with 6 bullets.

I tried a few runs (expert ironman), going for early kills, and trying to get the first missions from K&O and Sankaku (tourrets and drones kill for free).
By the end of the very first mission, Draco had 5 or 6 skill points.
By the end of day 2 he was maxed. Since there's only 16 points to get, two or three kills per mission get you there really fast.
At that point I often had found an econ chip, and if you give that to maxed Draco, he generates a lot of money. That plus the bonus items found on guards very early, and bonus "chance" (AP, Power, Cooldown or $)  when you scan a KO guard. Draco becomes a really really good agent.

Missions become a lot easier, you can focus on recovering two new agents, and you can save your vault cards for augment missions, since you'll have plenty of money to buy guns and skill points, no need for heist missions.

In the end, after 150+ hours on the game those few runs with this starting team were really fun and I enjoyed them a lot more than my usual failed ones, but I felt like at least I should share the tip for beginners who want a strong starting team ;)

Have fun with it!

What's OP in this game is subjective. In fact you were so close to figuring out how to max out Draco's skills in the 1st mission: K&O laser fence.

Finding an econ chip was just lucky and had nothing to do with the starting combo. I generally only see one in around a quarter of my games. Draco and archive Banks combo has the earliest and highest guaranteed income in the game though.

The first run I did with the DLC was exactly this team. I bought a Hand Cannon and a charge pack from the nanofab and stole a second charge pack from one of the guards. Draco was maxed out after two missions. Then I retired the agency and chose a less silly team.

I quite like the fact that Draco quickly becomes the team's all-rounder superman when playing in a certain way. He's very much earlygame easymode. However, kill farming in the easiest missions seems a dumb thing to have in the game. Maybe toss a hefty recharge on the scanner when used on a dead guard? Possibly based on Draco's accumulated amount of skill points so that you get the quick start but don't grow 'perfect' quite so early but get lvl 2 everything before it drops to 1 kill per mission. (or better yet, require him to scan more dead people per skill point at the end!)

Anyway, with that kind of curve, Archive Banks would probably be a better early game moneymaker than Draco, which is good.

Archived