[General] - Client token issues

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Client token issues

Issue Description: Hello,

I've been renting a game server for Dont starve together at Nitrado, yesterday.

But seems i cant start it cause i need the client token (not the server one, i got that).

So i went to my documents/Klei/ settings.ini and got that :

[ACCOUNT]

token = 76561198026466500:re^eyJVc2VySUQiOiJLVV9jV2FYaDlkaCIsIkdhbWUiOiJEb250U3RhcnZlVG9nZXRoZXIiLCJQdXJwb3NlIjoiQ2xpZW50TG9naW4ifQ==^lIxX9FtCKC0p9ep5zGuC/4h+vXIUSzfK

But, Nitrado settings of the server is telling me it should be 63 caracters, not more. So it fail and i cant start the server.

I tried writing to them but they told me "your token is too long, ask Klei forum for help" ... Which is not super useful, right ?

So could you please help me with that ?

Thanks a lot and happy new year :)

Vinie

Steps to Reproduce: trying to set client token

Hello Vinie, welcome to the forums. Unless I'm mistaken, the token you need for your Dedicated Server is the one inside the server_token.txt that the game generates (in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether) by typing TheNet:GenerateServerToken() in the console in-game (by pressing ~)  that is run on the game server. Check this link and search for the words Server Token. (source)

By the way, this is the wrong subforum. All DST related threads should be posted in the respective subforum in here. You don't have to repost it though as a forum mod will eventually move this thread. Just keep that link in mind when posting a new thread that is DST related.

For now, I hope that helps, cheers. 

Hello Vinie, welcome to the forums. Unless I'm mistaken, the token you need for your Dedicated Server is the one inside the server_token.txt that the game generates (in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether) by typing TheNet:GenerateServerToken() in the console in-game (by pressing ~)  that is run on the game server. Check this link and search for the words Server Token. (source)

By the way, this is the wrong subforum. All DST related threads should be posted in the respective subforum in here. You don't have to repost it though as a forum mod will eventually move this thread. Just keep that link in mind when posting a new thread that is DST related.

For now, I hope that helps, cheers. 

Thanks for the fast answer. Sadly, i'm not searching for the server token, i already got this one. I am searching for the client token, which is apparently needed to start the server. I found it in my "user/.../documents/Klei/dontstarvetogether/settings.ini" file, but its too long, as i said.

I posted a pic of that but cant see it, so maybe it failed. Will try again :-)

Sorry for the misplacing of the topic :/

post-767120-0-42172500-1451849539_thumb.

Thanks for the fast answer. Sadly, i'm not searching for the server token, i already got this one. I am searching for the client token, which is apparently needed to start the server. I found it in my "user/.../documents/Klei/dontstarvetogether/settings.ini" file, but its too long, as i said.

I posted a pic of that but cant see it, so maybe it failed. Will try again :-)

Sorry for the misplacing of the topic :/

Sorry for misunderstanding your original post, you really did say that you got the server token part down. That fault lies with me. Anyway back to the issue, I did a short search and found this guide, which you probably have already found. What I'd suggest is to make sure there are no spaces at the start or end of the token. Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

I don't use GSAs, so report back if it doesn't work. The devs' Holiday break is almost over, so check back again tomorrow. Sorry for not being much help, goodluck. Cheers.

Anyway back to the issue, I did a short search and found this guide, which you probably have already found. What I'd suggest is to make sure there are no spaces at the start or end of the token. Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Thanks again, but idd, i followed that guide and still got same problem :/

Thank you anyway, i will just wait and see if someone knows what to do there

i will just wait and see if someone knows what to do there

Well once again this is the Invisible Inc forum so there will be significantly less useful people looking at this thread here. Re-post it to the correct forum. Don't wait for a mod/dev to move the thread, that can take ages and I don't blame them, why should they have to waste energy doing it because of people that can't be bothered to read what forum they're posting in.

Well once again this is the Invisible Inc forum so there will be significantly less useful people looking at this thread here. Re-post it to the correct forum. Don't wait for a mod/dev to move the thread, that can take ages and I don't blame them, why should they have to waste energy doing it because of people that can't be bothered to read what forum they're posting in.

Thanks for the advices ...

Archived