DragonMage's Drawing Pad

DragonMage156

11 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I tried to draw Toriel's Sprite. I failed -_- atleast it's still plausible without the sprite to compare it to:

I don't see any problem with it. Yeah that's about how much I cared about Toriel's looks.

Mirrored Timelines

Now that's a great fan artwork!

Dream Bunny

Reminds me of latest?cb=20151201235126 from Drawn to Life, probably because of the motion lines. It looks like it's spinning around itself.

I've been thinking of names for this guy as well. How about Raval... Ravel? Something like that?

Raphael seems like a fitting name to me. Then again, I don't know his personality.

• Like 2

So if you guys didn't know, I posted a status update little over a week ago about a rewritten version of my Spyra story. Incase you guys don't normally look at status updates, I put up a link as well as include part of it in this post along with the "old" version.

First I should probably tell you a little about Spyra. The Legend of Spyra (the full title of the story series) is a genderbent fanfic I started years ago that eventually became my version of TLo Spyro gen 2. It has a lot of different elements than Spyro, more dragons, more enemies and eventually the return of the dark master.

I also have a bunch of side stories involving Spyra as well but that's a tale for another day (no pun intended).

Anyway without further ado, here's the intro to the first installment: The Next Purple Dragon:

Lets get the old version out of the way first (it's not long so don't worry) :

Spoiler

Lightning flashed down in an old foggy cemetery. An evil place of no return. No one ever came here anymore. All the gravestones were half sunken in the wet, muddy ground and the skies were always black. There was however one person that still lived there, it was an old cloaked witch dragon that worked with dark magic. She lived in a small hut and created many spells and potions.

Now for the new version:

Spoiler

Lightning lit up the blackened clouds that blanketed the sky, trying to strike the unholy place that stood below. An old abandoned cemetery filled with nothing but overgrowth, sunken tombstones and bodies of the dead. Among the muddy unkempt terrain there stood a cabin. Inside lived a witch dragon, working her spells and magic.

So yeah as you can see, it's a massive improvement. Even my own mother agreed it sounded good :)

Basically I wanted the story to catch the readers attention in the first sentence or two. I tried too hard in the old version but the new version sounds a bit more... natural? Magical? It's definitely more descriptive and easier to read imo. Whether I'm able to rewrite this whole thing better or not is a different story (again, no pun intended :p )

I'll let you guys decide this one.

• Like 6

More Art!

I made a Funtime Draco:

fun_time_draco_by_dragonmage156-dalm53q.

In hindsight, I probably should have use blue. The magenta makes Draco look like a girl :/

Otto-piller:

otto_piller_by_dragonmage156-dalm53u.jpg

Based off this post I saw on Tumblr :p

Otto and Lizard's Halloween outfits (this one came out well imo):

anthro_bros_by_dragonmage156-dalm53x.jpg

When Red isn't home:

when_red_isn_t_home_by_dragonmage156-dal

Finally did this meme. Although I was too lazy to look up a trombone reference :p

Mad Scientist:

mad_scientist_by_dragonmage156-dalm54h.j

Dino isn't that much into dressing up for Halloween so he just acts like a mad scientist in October. I was gonna add Wilson hair but... I decided not to in the end. This lab coat may or may not become part of Dino's character :p

Franken-Bat:

franken_batsy_by_dragonmage156-dalm54o.j

When I thought of Batsy in a Halloween costume, I instantly thought Frankenstein. Idk why :p

Ori: King of the Jungle:

ori__king_of_the_jungle_by_dragonmage156

After playing Ori and the Blind Forest a couple times, you start to feel like a boss as you dash through the levels without dying at all :wilson_cool:

In the Dark:

in_the_dark_by_dragonmage156-dalm54u.jpg

I am really proud of this one. Although the platform could have been better.

Oh I made a short Halloween comic with Red and Fluffy (Fluffy may been like a wimp but just bare with me!)

frightened_fluffy_comic_by_dragonmage156

And now for some silly spoopi requests I requested :p (incase you guys didn't see the status update)

@Youknowwho

spoopi_thought__comic_by_dragonmage156-d

Here's some blanks incase you wanna insert your on caption/meme:

Spoiler

spoopi_thought_1_by_dragonmage156-dalm81

spoopi_though_2_by_dragonmage156-dalm80x

@Dudedude (when you're in bed but forgot to do something :p )

forget_to_brush_by_dragonmage156-dalm80k

I'd tag Minespatch in this one but he usually sees everything anyway XD

skits_scare_comic_by_dragonmage156-dalm8

That's not all there is but I'll post the rest later.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

ariel sees all.png

tumblr_ni3121U5x21u6bdjro2_400.png

Anyway, more art (these are some comics I quickly drew up. I'll include the dialogue under the strips if you can't read it very well).

before_halloween_full_by_dragonmage156-d

before_halloween_full_2_by_dragonmage156

Otto: Hey Red! How would a vampire stand against two highly skilled zombies?

Red: Gee Otto, I don't know. Maybe I should start by taking away his allowance?

Otto: NOOOOOOOO!!! Please!

Red: By the way, weren't you guys gonna dress up as the "Skele-bros" for Halloween?

Otto: HAH! Don't get your hopes up! it isn't Halloween just yet!

And a draft of Fluffy:

wtf_manlly_looking_fluffy_by_dragonmage1

Wtf? Why do you look like a dude? XD

Last but not least, some drawings I did based off @Paxtonnnn's UT sprite edits.

Mezu-wey:

mezukie___flowey_by_dragonmage156-dalm7y

Metta-Toast:

mettatoast_by_dragonmage156-dalm7y4.jpg

Papy-Spatch:

papyspatch_by_dragonmage156-dalm7xv.jpg

(Just looks like normal Minespatch saying "NYEH!")

Dwer-Kid and Undyra:

dwer_kid_and_undyra_by_dragonmage156-dal

(This was before Dwer requested Pax to be Alphys)

Dragon-Frisk and Pax-Sans:

dragon_frisk_and_pax_sans_by_dragonmage1

Lipton-Muffet and Waddle-Spider:

lipton___muffet_and_waddle___spider_by_d

(I spent way more time on this than I should have. Now it just looks like an uncoloured Muffet :/ )

Mena An-Chara and Nabsta-Chris:

mena_anchara_and_napsta_chris_by_dragonm

Ysulriel:

ysulriel_by_dragonmage156-dalm7x6.jpg

Mobbie (or should it be Temster?)

mobbie_by_dragonmage156-dalm7x2.jpg

Zeklo-san:

zeklosan_by_dragonmage156-dalm7wx.jpg

(Dat face... I can't XD)

And as an extra, some Dragon-Frisk and Ysulriel:

dragon_frisk_x_ysulriel_by_dragonmage156

I will complete some of these but please don't get offended if yours isn't.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Ottopede might be a interesting concept for the Don't Starve comic. Especially if the shadows manage to get Otto.

Not sure about that, though it may work for a side comic cos who doesn't love to see Wilson get the life scared out of him XD

Oh damn, I forgot to post my anthro tutorial here:

how_i_draw_anthros_by_dragonmage156-dalm

• Like 4

I love the ottopillar design! ^_^ Dino looks like that Professor from Luigi's Mansion. Also, I no longer have an opinion on shadow mage, good job!

Seriously though, I am surprised everybody thinks of Mezukie when thinking of Flowey. I mean, I did it too, but still.

P.S.: Decent guide on drawing anthromorphised animals.

Edited by Mobbstar
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

TAKE ME WITH YOU.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

I no longer have an opinion on shadow mage, good job!

Seriously though, I am surprised everybody thinks of Mezukie when thinking of Flowey. I mean, I did it too, but still.

What do you mean by that?

It was really Pax's idea, I just drew it :p

4 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

This is getting intense.

Fify. Yeah Temmie can get pretty scary sometimes 0_0

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

I am not sure... I just don't know what to think of her anymore, after having seen those comic panels.

Oh don't worry about those. Those comics were just for Halloween spoops. She's still the overly possessive demon of my dreams, trying to take over the world. Oh and still trying to eat Mr.Skits too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh don't worry about those. Those comics were just for Halloween spoops. She's still the overly possessive demon of my dreams, trying to take over the world. Oh and still trying to eat Mr.Skits too.

SM and Skits are like Tom and Jerry?