"Destroying" sandpiles

Can we have an way to totally dig up sand piles? cause I kinda like making my base on the sand biome cause it have more space and is less dense, and I don't like to keep "cleaning" areas of brushes vines trees and bamboos to set a camp,  but the sand piles sometimes make impossible to build a base in the beach without one of them in the middle :c

...It's sand...what?... 

it sounds weird but it's kind of a good idea, dunno if at least had a way to "create" sandpiles in other places and dig them off cause it it's sometimes hard to set a base.

I think would be nice if we could "plant" crabs to make sand piles, don't make sense at all but would be a way hehe

Well new item then. Sand Bucket. To preserve the sand piles (using a shovel causes it to drop items and reform around 4 days later) use the bucket to pick up and carry the sand...
Okay now that makes sense then again we carry sand anyway without a bucket I was in the wrong. 

I think would be nice if we could "plant" crabs to make sand piles, don't make sense at all but would be a way hehe
That sounds like a cool and funny idea, and I think it makes a little sense since they dig their holes in the sand.

Yeah, sand piles are dumb. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the sand to pile up in the same places every time too anyway, so this mechanic is a bit dumb. There's no real equivalent of this in RoG, something that's obstructive and cannot be destroyed, unless you count things like sinkholes and the pig king.

I'd be fine with them just being permanently destroyable; there's a million other ones, so if I could just clear out the ones in the way of my base? Yeah. Beach has crabs and limpets and grass/twigs and you don't have to dig up flooring to put things down for flood prevention. Great base spot.

you can use console commands, but it is a little risky.. It deletes what it is under your mouse pointer, so BE EXTRA CAREFULL

1. open the console

From the Wiki page. Source: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Commands

The Command Console is enabled by default. If for whatever reason it is not, you first need to do some tweaking in your settings.ini of your save. This can be found in the "donotstarve" folder, located in the following paths :

Windows, Mac: <Documents>\Klei\DoNotstarve\settings.ini

Linux:         ~/.klei/DoNotStarve/settings.ini
Locate the settings.ini and open it with Notepad and where it says [MISC]ENABLECONSOLE = false and rewrite it as [MISC]ENABLECONSOLE = true then save the document.

Then to open the console while in game by pressing "~" by default on English keyboards. This can be changed at any time in the controls menu. Also you can hide the console menu again by pressing Ctrl + L.

2 Type this or copy paste it.... sometimes it copies a ? for no reason. Compare and delete the extra ? symbols.

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

3. Enjoy!

Archived