Compiler Makes Program I Already Have?

I recently ran a security dispatch mission with a compiler, and the compiler made a program I already had (Golem).  I'd like to see what players think.  Is this an acceptable risk, or would you rather that the computer always compiled something you don't have?

Given that this is a roguelike (roguelite?), I think it's perfectly acceptable. Not that I'd complain if the devs changed it to always give you something you don't have =)

Risk and random rewards are just part of the flow!

It's acceptable, however, I would prefer it always gave something my team wasn't already using.

If I remember correctly, the compiler is a bit time consuming (which is fine) but would be more enticing if there were better odds of it not being a complete waste.

Note:  This side mission requires an agent to wait for 6 turns or so at a computer, right?

It's acceptable, however, I would prefer it always gave something my team wasn't already using.

If I remember correctly, the compiler is a bit time consuming (which is fine) but would be more enticing if there were better odds of it not being a complete waste.

Note:  This side mission requires an agent to wait for 6 turns or so at a computer, right?

It does take time, but agent does not have to sit there. Just return after compiling is done to check results.

It does take time, but agent does not have to sit there. Just return after compiling is done to check results.

If I have derek, I like to start the program with whoever is convenient, give derek's teleporter to some other agent, then send derek off to wait for it to complete. Then teleport him to the team and exit.

But I don't do this side quest because I think there's much of a chance I'll get something useful. I only do it to feel like I've done everything on the mission. The reward is rarely useful and pretty much never worth the time cost.

Archived