December 7th Update

• Developer

Main Build: 159241 159281 159441 159550

Beta Build: 159280 159442

Changes

• World saves and snapshots are now synchronized across all servers in a cluster

• In-game rollbacks (using c_rollback) are now synchronized across all servers in a cluster

• Carrots are now hauntable! (Doesn’t do anything though…)

• Added support for displaying Unicode strings in UTF-8 format

Known Issues

• Some Unicode server names may show up as blank text
  • Chatting with Unicode characters is not supported yet

If you are the author of a localization mod:

• Your .po files should be re-exported as UTF-8
  • What if I don't do this?  Certain sequences of extended Ascii character ID's between 128 and 255 may be misinterpreted as a UTF-8 sequence, resulting in either a blank character or an unexpected Unicode character being drawn on screen
  • Replacing fonts:  A large set of Unicode characters is now included by default, so hopefully you will no longer need to replace existing fonts anymore

Main Build: 159241

Beta Build: Coming Soon

Changes

• World saves and snapshots are now synchronized across all servers in a cluster

• In-game rollbacks (using c_rollback) are now synchronized across all servers in a cluster

Known Issues

• What if I don't do this?  Certain sequences of extended Ascii character ID's between 128 and 255 may be misinterpreted as a UTF-8 sequence, resulting in either a blank character or an unexpected Unicode character being drawn on screen
  • Replacing fonts:  A large set of Unicode characters is now included by default, so hopefully you will no longer need to replace existing fonts anymore

Is there any plan in near future about merging these branches? beta and normal branches

So.. is it just me or did this update break literally every single mod, client and server.  Because I can't use a single one of my server mods and everybody is saying their client ones are all broken as well.

Reference:

--[[ForceEnableMod("workshop-356420397") --No More Respawn Penalty
ForceEnableMod("workshop-375850593") --Extra Equip Slots
ForceEnableMod("workshop-375859599") --Health Info
ForceEnableMod("workshop-378160973") --Global Positions
ForceEnableMod("workshop-387747188") --Indestructible
ForceEnableMod("workshop-394612159") --Auto ReTrap
ForceEnableMod("workshop-395604073") --Chest Security
ForceEnableMod("workshop-400409675") --FireWall (AntiGriefing protection)
ForceEnableMod("workshop-409833317") --Craftable Gears
ForceEnableMod("workshop-417346599") --Natural Respawn
ForceEnableMod("workshop-445539951") --Long Lasting Tent
ForceEnableMod("workshop-492173795") --Moderator Commands
ForceEnableMod("workshop-502726294") --No Fire Spread
ForceEnableMod("workshop-503795626") --Invincible Structures
ForceEnableMod("workshop-506204512") --8 Faced Fences Gates [DST]
ForceEnableMod("workshop-507547768") --Enhanced Houndius Shootius
ForceEnableMod("workshop-514078314") --Turfed!
ForceEnableMod("workshop-552215051") --More Storage v2
ForceEnableMod("workshop-562700735") --Gems in Stalagmites
--]]

DST does not seem to recognise "CAPY_DLC" as a global variable, which is utterly painful when making universally compatible mods.

My plead is simple: Add a variable "CAPY_DLC" to the global environment, which will make "IsDLCEnabled()" always return false (analogous to "REIGN_OF_GIANTS", which makes it return true).

Thank you for your consideration.

• Developer

What? How? And this feature is compatible with all old mods?

Most mods should be unaffected.

Language/Localization mods will need some updating, but they shouldn't crash as is. Depending on how the mod was done it may still work fine. In V2C's original post there are more details if you expand the spoiler.

Running Windows 7 Pro. x64. 

After updating the server files the version.txt file now holds the correct update number 159280.

However, when I launch the servers that use the last updated version 158559.

From log.txt,

[00:00:00]: Starting Up
[00:00:00]: Version: 158559
[00:00:00]: Current time: Tue Dec 08 13:08:30 2015

The overworld and caves where generated using version 158559.

Is it possible to update a map generated using 158559 to 159280? Or do I need to generate a new map? 

Main Build: 159241 159281 159441

Beta Build: 159280 159442

Changes

Known Issues

Double-byte characters can't auto wrap.When the string is too long, the string will display a blank.
Can you fix this?

Both mine and my friend's dedicated servers are no longer opening after the update this afternoon. It says "Failed to start game (app already running)" We have tried a variety of things to close the app including task manager and PC restart. Sometime his console opens, but it is just one console that is blank and no longer titled overworld. It is instead titled with the default name. In the steam app, the dedicated server tool always says "Running", even though we can't find it anywhere and restart our computers. Thanks for the help!

I can't open a new  in bugs, so i have an issue: the game does not fit the [screen] correctly. It's recent:

776468dst.jpg

I'll try windows 10 beta amd drivers and edit back 

Ok so even with last drivers it's still doesn't fit the screen correctly, i have to reboot the computer to make it work.

I hope you'll fix this.

I would have edit the last post but i don't have the option.

I can't open a new in bugs, so i have an issue: the game does not fit the [screen] correctly. It's recent:

I'll try windows 10 beta amd drivers and edit back

Ok so even with last drivers it's still doesn't fit the screen correctly, i have to reboot the computer to make it work.

I hope you'll fix this.

I would have edit the last post but i don't have the option.

This update is old, the most recent one was around Christmas. Have you updated the game to that version? Also, it's weird you can't post a new thread in the bug section but that is the right section to post your problems about the game. You probably need 5 posts (not counting off-topic or roleplay threads) to access all functions of your account (editing, making threads...)

Archived