A critique regarding Invisible Inc.

I agreed with what you said about the story being unsatisfactory (mostly because the twist ending, in addition to being PAINFULLY obvious after that line you mentioned, puts a really depressing air of defeatism over the entire campaign on higher difficulties, I actually enjoyed what little story there was until that point), and I agree the DLC did make the final stretch a tad of an uncomfortable marathon, but on the other hand, since I got the DLC and the game at the same time, I can't imagine playing without it, it adds a lot of cool stuff that I love as part of the main game (though frankly I've barely touched the DLC characters, they can't compare to my favorite maingame characters).

Great review.

I like the longer campaign. I didn't really enjoy endless, going for a team you can stick with forever is not really my thing but having the longer campaign is really good because it makes me more attached to my team while still leaving room for experimentation.

The only thing that disappointed me was that the final mission wasn't any harder even though I was much stronger at that point, especially after the awesome midpoint mission.

To be fair I haven't played the DLC on harder difficulties because I have been so busy that I haven't had any time to play at all since the DLC was released.

The only thing that disappointed me was that the final mission wasn't any harder even though I was much stronger at that point, especially after the awesome midpoint mission.

It isn't? I had assumed it was. Does the advanced security system at least make it harder?

I believe the harder difficulty levels increase the number of guards and increase the "level" of some of the guards (e.g. elite guard vs regular guard). I'm unable to find a comprehensive list of the changes between difficulty levels though.

I believe the harder difficulty levels increase the number of guards and increase the "level" of some of the guards (e.g. elite guard vs regular guard). I'm unable to find a comprehensive list of the changes between difficulty levels though.

Yes that is true but only for normal levels, I was talking about the OMNI levels.

Because when I played the final mission with DLC it was the same as with no DLC and there is nothing in the code of the game or the DLC that allows different difficulties for the final mission.

Wait, isn't it at a higher security level, or does the game go straight from level 3-4 to "omnially" in the game without DLC?

Wait, isn't it at a higher security level, or does the game go straight from level 3-4 to "omnially" in the game without DLC?

Without DLC the OMNI mission is difficulty 5 and with DLC it is 8(I think) but the thing is that it doesn't matter because OMNI uses the same spawnlist regardless of difficulty.

Without DLC the OMNI mission is difficulty 5 and with DLC it is 8(I think) but the thing is that it doesn't matter because OMNI uses the same spawnlist regardless of difficulty.

Yeah the last mission when you do Contigency Plan feels incredibly easy. I've killed all the guards during the last rounds for fun a couple of times.

Yeah this needs to be tweaked.  The pinnacle of the campaign is currently the twist in the middle.

Not a bad video, but you raised a couple points about the story I don't quite agree with:

First off, the idea of a secret corporation isn't strange at all—you're just stuck thinking about corporations in a particular way. All a corporation is is an entity pooling the resources of a bunch of people who have probably nominated officers to run it for them. If Omni "operates" (i.e. derives money) through shell corporations, they never need to sell anything to anyone: they have a passive income, and all they need to focus on is seeing to it that no one (like a rogue intelligence agency) challenges their power.

Second, I quibble about you saying that corporations working as governments is a silly cyberpunk thing. You even mention how terribly the East India Company turned out, when Cyberpunk is abundantly clear about how lousy it is for corporations to be controlling things.

Third, saying that they heavily foreshadow the plot twist in the final mission isn't... That damning an indictment. I mean, when you're talking about heavy foreshadowing I expect you to be talking about something much earlier. My reaction to the obvious foreshadowing wasn't negative; I mean, the whole mission was kind of unsettling, so it fit quite well.

Archived