[Gameplay] - Observe did not display movement line

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: Observe did not display movement line

Issue Description: While playing with On-file Nika and Archive Prism, I wanted to check a guard's trajectory with disguised Prism in case he got too close to her and wound up seeing through her disguise. I pressed observe and it did say that he was patrolling, and yet no movement line was displayed:

WU7Ccer.png

Despite this, the guard did move through that door the next turn. I then pressed observe again and the line displayed correctly. I haven't experienced this problem before or since, but it happened, so I thought I'd let you know.

I also attached the file in case it doesn't properly show up with the image tags I used.

Steps to Reproduce: I have no idea how to reproduce this or what caused it, I apologize. The only lead I have is that it only happened while observing a guard's movement with a disguised Archive Prism, but it wasn't the only time I had her observe enemy movement while in disguise, and none of those instances had this happen again.

Thanks for the report RaustBD. If you happen to have the savegame file for that mission still, that would also be very useful in finding the error.

I still have that save file in general, but sorry, didn't occur to me to stay in the mission and keep the save file. If that save file would still help, I checked the folder called "saves" and this showed up:

savegame.lua

It was only one file, which is odd, because I have two files saved. Sorry if I'm completely misunderstanding how this works.

• Developer

No, you got the right file :)

The one save file handles all of your save slots. 

Unfortunately, for this bug, I do need it in the mission it happened. 

I'll keep my eye out for the problem though. If you see it again, let me know.

No, you got the right file :-)

The one save file handles all of your save slots. 

Unfortunately, for this bug, I do need it in the mission it happened. 

I'll keep my eye out for the problem though. If you see it again, let me know.

Will do, thanks for taking the time to check this out.

Steps to Reproduce: I have no idea how to reproduce this or what caused it, I apologize.

Oh I know exactly how to reproduce this, I know it like the back of my hand yet every report I've seen of it has still been ignored since archive Prism was released in early August.

It's caused from the same bug, but 3 different outcomes. First find a door that a guard wants to go through and get disguised Prism to stand on a door tile and change its state (open or close it). Then depending on what the guard was trying to do 3 things will happen:

1. If there is a "long way" around the guard will now take it instead of taking the shortest path through the door. Observing will show their new path.
  2. If there isn't a long way around, the guard will still attempt to move through the door as long as they were on patrol and didn't have an investigation marker. Observing the guard will show nothing.
  3. If there isn't a long way around and the guard is attempting to reach an investigation marker, they won't move anywhere on their turn and instead investigate where they are standing. Observing the guard will show nothing.

• Developer

Thanks Nxf7 for the extra details!  and RaustBD, thanks for sending the save file. 

This one could be tricky to sort out. I don't want to change the guard behavior much if I can help it. Hopefully there's an elegant solution to be found.

Just updating that what I sent you might not be a case of this. it turned out later that he MAY have just been shown to be moving there because he had to move out of the way for another guard who was passing him. Does that show up on the arrow path normally?

Well my thread should have a save file for them. Unless I literally had to click "add to post", the form submission isn't clear whether Klei can see the file or not if that isn't done.

In any case if he still needs a save file it's so easy to set up because you can start with archive Prism and Dynamo. I can have a save file in 5 minutes of notice.

Archived