Dealing with captured civilians

Hey, just wondering, what happens when civilians wake up? I've never been in a position to experiment and observe, so I wanted to make sure before I do anything stupid. Do the guards elevate their awareness if they see a scientist running for his life to one of the exits after being looted or alerted to you? Or is it okay to just let them go as long as other guards aren't nearby to hear them react to seeing me?

I don't recall scientists escaping doing anything to the alarm level or guards generally, but I usually don't let them escape alive so if anyone else can confirm that would be great.

As for whether or not they alert guards when they run past them, not sure about that. They never make it that far =)

It seems they don't, and only the screams of seeing your agents actually count as screams to alert guards. There are virtually no consequences to dropping them off so that they'll run to the exit and not bump into you and just letting them go on their way.

Archived