[Gameplay] - Final Mission- Incognita uplink finishes game but does not allow progress

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: Mac

Issue Title: Final Mission- Incognita uplink finishes game but does not allow progress

Issue Description: Hey there. I'm currently having a great time playing Invisible- I'm on my second beginner playthrough but this time with the dlc enabled. So, I've managed to get to the section where I upload Incognita, and of course, I decide to do so.

After the final cutscene, the game cuts to the "Beginner mode complete" but then... does not let me progress. I'd make a joke about Incognita hacking the final screen thus effectively taking the operator out, but err.... I can't progress, and I don't get any experience from this. I also have to forcequit the game.

I also uploaded something else by accident. Errr, it should be removed, though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=559454683 -Screenshot

Steps to Reproduce: Step 1, play the final cutscene with attached savegame

Step 5,wallow in sadness as Incognita rekts the corps

Step 3, Or skip the cutscene and go straight to the screen

Step 4 admire getting no experience whatsoever.

Hey,

I'm having exactly the same problem, only I'm on Win8. According to Google your post here seems to be the only existing thing on the internet about it. Have you managed to get any progress/information?

Ah yeah, this. You still get achievements regardless this bug, but to get experience, load last mission and retire agency. This is the only workaround I managed to find.

@Jason - here's error log from DEV console:

game/client/savefile-manager.lua:186: attemp to call field 'campaignDifficulty' (a number value)

stack traceback:

game/client/savefile-manager.lua:186 in function 'checkAchievements'

game/client/savefile-manager.lua:295 in function 'addCompletedGame'

game/client/hud/death_dialog.lua:289 in function 'populate'

game/client/hud/death_dialog.lua:77 in function 'show'

game/client/states/state-postgame.lua:257 in function 'OnFinalMovieDone'

game/client/states/state-postgame.lua:141 in function 'oncompletefn'

game/client/fe/moviescreen.lua:82 in function <game/client/fe/moviescreen.lua:55>

Hey again. 

I've tried to retire many, many times, but every time I try and click continue, it loads the mission and plays the final cutscene, leaving me unable to retire.

Hey again. 

I've tried to retire many, many times, but every time I try and click continue, it loads the mission and plays the final cutscene, leaving me unable to retire.

I have another game lost to the abyss.

I can't load this game and retire, either. I wouldn't say that this is killing my experience of the game (That was my experienced game :p I did get MONST3R and Central, and the 2 programs which seem... kinda useless. I'll check them out later, eh.) but it is certainly hurting it, and my EXP gain. :p 

If you can help, now that my savegame is attached, it would be much appreciated.

savegame.lua

• Developer

Hey PlainOldCookies, when I played your savegames, they both ended fine.  If you press CTRL and ~ at the same time, you will get a green panel with some game information in it. There should be a line that starts with this, 3rd line down:

BUILD[ trunk.158210 ]

Does your number match that number?

Are you running from Steam or a DRM free version?

Hey PlainOldCookies, when I played your savegames, they both ended fine.  If you press CTRL and ~ at the same time, you will get a green panel with some game information in it. There should be a line that starts with this, 3rd line down:

BUILD[ trunk.158210 ]

Hey Jason. This is the 3rd time that I've written this, due to it not showing up before, so... let's make this slightly quicker. (And for the 3rd time, that was lightning fast. :D)

When I try and press CTRL and ~, the green panel does not appear. It may be because I have to press SHIFT to reach the ~. I have tried it with and without, anyway.

Other than that, this is the steam version purchased on the free weekend.

BUILD[ trunk.158210 ]

Error appears without dlc installed. I have this exact version. (trunk 158210, steam). See my previous reply on this topic for error log. I believe this comes from people who got dlc from free weekend, but haven't bought it after it ended, like myself.

Error appears without dlc installed. I have this exact version. (trunk 158210, steam). See my previous reply on this topic for error log. I believe this comes from people who got dlc from free weekend, but haven't bought it after it ended, like myself.

Actually yes, you describe my game quite well. I bought the game without the DLC due to not having enough funds, but yeah. When I had the DLC installed before, I did a custom run where I "learnt" things about the game (I'm not sure if the 10000 starting credits, no alarm level and +99 KO time was enough cheese.) and got to the DLC finale on day 7 with a working ending. The EXP was enough to get Fusion and Parasite and the other 4 or so agents.

• Developer

I see how in the code the error wodzu_93 got would come up, so I can make a fix for that.

I still can't explain why I can run PlainOldCookies' savegames and have them complete fine yet he can't unless were using different versions of the game. 

I see how in the code the error wodzu_93 got would come up, so I can make a fix for that.

I still can't explain why I can run PlainOldCookies' savegames and have them complete fine yet he can't unless were using different versions of the game. 

I suppose that has to be the case. Although, there are some things that come to mind recently, with the API example mod being installed on my game. I'll unsubscribe to it, and hopefully that resolves the issue. If not, then finding the build number would be helpful. (~ and CTRL does not work for me. Is there something else for Mac Users, or is it just my specific keyboard? On both of mine, they don't work.

Alright, after removing the API example mod the ending is still broken for me. And Central, Monst3r and their 2 programs that they come with have no been unlocked when I start a new game. :( 

I'm a little bummed that the ending's still broken. If there is any more files that I can send to you folks over there, then I will if you ask.

• Developer

Yeah, I'm bummed you can't end those games as well. We should be able to figure this out. 

They key command to bring up the info panel is the same on the mac as PC. Control and ~ together.

You can send me a log  file from a game where it fails at the the end summary screen, that might hold some information. Play the game till the crash, save and quit if you can. Close it down if you can't. Then send me the log file.

The log file is at:
Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\logs\invisibleinc.txt

Yeah, I'm bummed you can't end those games as well. We should be able to figure this out. 

They key command to bring up the info panel is the same on the mac as PC. Control and ~ together.

You can send me a log  file from a game where it fails at the the end summary screen, that might hold some information. Play the game till the crash, save and quit if you can. Close it down if you can't. Then send me the log file.

The log file is at:

Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\logs\invisibleinc.txt

Alright then!

Build number from the file says I have "158210".

The whole log is attached though. I can't be bothered to look through all of those scripts, heh.invisibleinc.txt

• Developer

Thanks for the log file PlainOldCookies,

It looks like the same problem as wodzu_93, though I was able to end those games cleanly before I fixed that issue
 ┐(゚~゚)┌ 

Hopefully when the patch goes out (maybe tomorrow), you will be able to end those games properly. 

Thanks for the log file PlainOldCookies,

It looks like the same problem as wodzu_93, though I was able to end those games cleanly before I fixed that issue

┐(゚~゚)┌ 

Hopefully when the patch goes out (maybe tomorrow), you will be able to end those games properly. 

Alright. If all else fails I'll regenerate the mission and retire the agency. Although, one problem. If I do that, I won't be able to get Central and Monst3r. They haven't showed up in my agent selection screen yet(planning on playing Expert with 5 retries to start off with). and, well... Eh. Hopefully the fix works.

The patch is up. Please try your games and let me know what happens. 

Thanks Jason! With the EXP gained from the save games, I managed to get a crap tonne of Agents + Starting programs. (I think I've got all of the Non Archive agents now. :D

Seriously though, thanks. I really appreciate this. Keep it up over there. :)

(One thing though- my Beginner game was errored. I had to replay the final mission... although it was the same as last time, soo... heh. I only reached Alarm 4 which is an improvement. :p (I triggered a few many advanced Heart Monitors.) )

I'm having the same problem as the above poster. I'm running the latest GOG version (20151202 GOG-6), tried playing Experienced with the DLC just so I could finally unlock Central and Monst3r. I've already tried regenerating and finishing the last OMNI level twice now, and as soon as the end movie finishes it shows I've unlocked everything but doesn't give me a button to move on from there. If I quit the game and re-open it, the last two agents and programs don't show as unlocked, and the game says I need to either regenerate the level or continue from where I last left off.

It took me forever to finally complete Experienced and I want to go back to Beginner again from now on, so I don't really want to have to do this all over again. :/

invisibleinc.txt

savegame.lua

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to update:

It's definitely something going on with the DLC. I gave up and eventually restarted a new Experienced game that had the DLC unchecked, but ran into the same problem: I'd get to the end screen, it would tell me I'd unlocked the Experienced-level sets of agents and programs, and the end XP screen would have no way to start a new campaign. Every time I force-closed out and restarted, it would this time go straight to playing the end movie, and then be locked up again.

When I gave up and uninstalled the DLC completely, the savegame suddenly worked fine and let me properly finish the game and unlock everybody. Then when I re-installed the DLC the game did let me start a new DLC game with everybody unlocked.

Archived