Augment drill

So, is this room just terrible? I'm used to getting 2 more augment machines behind the vault door, and I'm finding this augment drill less useful than the standard machine. Sucks that you can't peek in before wasting the keycard.

But you actually can peek and see two augment machines when it's not drill room (and tooltip saying that it's grafters), can't remember drill room though, maybe in that case machine is too far to be seen?, umm I remember, same with drill room, I seen it when go to cyberlabs early (when there was no good other choice), without card.

The drill is situationally useful. Certainly not very useful in the early game. As someone else stated though, you absolutely should be able to peek through locked doors (both vault doors and regular locked doors, which can be very useful even before you get a keycard on a level).

Later on in endless games having the drill available is very handy. It means you can grab that mediocre augment early on and hopefully have a chance to replace it with something better later. Worst case, you can use the drill to get a new augment slot, though whether that is worth a vault keycard is up to you.

Archived