Stim 4 Killing Spree

Hey, if Olivia and Nika both had a Stim IV and Olivia had the proper KO boosts, wouldn't that mean that, for one turn, you'd have unlimited AP for Nika as long as you keep recharging at unconscious guards, and unlimited power as long as you keep having Olivia spam a volt disruptor on an unconscious guard? Couldn't you then proceed to one-turn every single map in the entire game except the two with the guest party members?

Hey, if Olivia and Nika both had a Stim IV and Olivia had the proper KO boosts, wouldn't that mean that, for one turn, you'd have unlimited AP for Nika as long as you keep recharging at unconscious guards, and unlimited power as long as you keep having Olivia spam a volt disruptor on an unconscious guard? Couldn't you then proceed to one-turn every single map in the entire game except the two with the guest party members?

Olivia spam with a Stim IV does look like it could give you unlimited power for one turn (have not tested this; perhaps it only triggers when you KO them and not when whacking an already KO-ed guard?).

However, Nika would still have to be able to get to all the guards. She would not have unlimited movement, just a very high potential if the guards are close enough together. It's quite possible that you won't be within range of all the guards even with the movement bonuses but it depends on the map and weapon of choice. You could of course try to lure a bunch of guards together first. A Flurry Gun would go well on Nika in this build.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone actually tries this.

EDIT: A flurry gun goes well on Nika in any build. Just do it.

Olivia spam with a Stim IV does look like it could give you unlimited power for one turn (have not tested this; perhaps it only triggers when you KO them and not when whacking an already KO-ed guard?).

However, Nika would still have to be able to get to all the guards. She would not have unlimited movement, just a very high potential if the guards are close enough together. It's quite possible that you won't be within range of all the guards even with the movement bonuses but it depends on the map and weapon of choice. You could of course try to lure a bunch of guards together first. A Flurry Gun would go well on Nika in this build.

Except that she can stun an already KO'd guard in place an unlimited number of times to build up AP to explore the level and return, and constantly recharge with the unlimited pwr Olivia generates. She doesn't have to use it on a non-KO'd guard.

Except that she can stun an already KO'd guard in place an unlimited number of times to build up AP to explore the level and return, and constantly recharge with the unlimited pwr Olivia generates. She doesn't have to use it on a non-KO'd guard.

Ah, right, you can give Nika a volt disruptor. I forgot about those. I never use them myself. Good point.

Yes yes, I now remember she starts with one, but I always sell it for something better. I avoid weapons that require power unless it's a Flurry Gun, and then I worship it.

Ah, right, you can give Nika a volt disruptor. I forgot about those. I never use them myself. Good point.

Yes yes, I now remember she starts with one, but I always sell it for something better. I avoid weapons that require power unless it's a Flurry Gun, and then I worship it.

Eh, Nika justifies volt disruptors immensely, especially the one she starts with which is super cheap. I like using loadouts that leave you with lots of free power when I use her (Fusion + Parasite), that basically allows her to easily get you out of tight jams and clear paths in emergencies when it's time to go, which becomes necessary often, because it's borderline impossible (as far as I know) to guarantee that the fan won't be struck by feces at some point in your campaign.

My plan is to try Archive Olivia with a Volt Disruptor, Stim IV and Predictive Brawling. With any luck, one invisibility item should be enough to clear the level. Anyone had any luck with similar setups?

Sounds like it would work. Seems like we've found another cheese strat on the same level as pre-patch archive Nika. They did patch that though despite it being fairly convoluted and tedious.

Personally I'd never want to trivialise a game like that because I'd get bored of it quick. But now that I think about it that's probably their reasoning behind patching archive Nika abuse. There was still countless threads with people that couldn't help themselves but easy-mode the game. The last thing Klei would want is for people to not buy future content because "lol I won the game by abusing an oversight, game too easy".

What was the pre-patch archive Nika exploit, and what was the fix they applied? I was never a fan of archive Nika so I don't think I ever ran across it.

Her augment could be procced an infinite number of times in a turn even though the tooltip said only once per turn. This meant that it was possible to cycle through 3 stim3's and 2(/3) neural disrupter2(/3) indefinitely for infinite AP and also carry something like an EMP3 and a buster chip to 1 turn clean the map.

Fix was simple, made her augment work as described in the tooltip: only proc once per turn. If they patch Olivia abuse I'm guessing this is what they will do as well. Makes more sense than nerfing power disrupters because they're pretty bad aside from Olivia and on-file Nika's use of them.

I'd be curious to hear if anyone actually tries this.

EDIT: A flurry gun goes well on Nika in any build. Just do it.

I wasn't trying to set it up, but I ended up with an Olivia that could do this and I just tested it.  It works.  Infinite power and movement.

For some reason the power would only go up to 15.  I could spend below than and refill it, but not go higher than 15. 

Speaking of Stim IV, just used it on Xu with his Subdermal Tool to open 4 safes, a power generator, and knocked a Shop Cat console down to 1 firewall (all in one turn).  This is day 11 in Endless and most of these firewalls were at level 5+

Definitely, love the possibilities that Stim IV may offer.

Speaking of Stim IV, just used it on Xu with his Subdermal Tool to open 4 safes, a power generator, and knocked a Shop Cat console down to 1 firewall (all in one turn).  This is day 11 in Endless and most of these firewalls were at level 5+

Definitely, love the possibilities that Stim IV may offer.

Yeah I don't know about that one. I wouldn't keep your hopes up on that not getting nerfed in the future.

Archived