A song of Dragonfly and Deerclops - A Winter's Tale

I pass through the portal in hopes of arriving home... but alas, my heart once again shrunk at the sight of the eerie word I have been thrown into... I grow weary of these games... I was only fooling myself...

I have grown accustomed to its ways, the many twists and turns that seem to change and fold into itself... I have seen it all...

My wide eyes once so full of wonder, now wide still, yet full of nothing... I have become a play thing, on a routine... survival is the game... Wendy is my name...

O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O O__O 

Want to read something stupid?

Well get ready...

Part 1 - The Travelling Merchant

Well, so... I joined this group Gingerbread Cookies, my game's reaction time was fine even though it's red.

This night, I played and had become a sort of travelling merchant... peddling off food which I have vast amounts of to those who have started building their base, as I have only to place certain structures in a location of my desiring... the DESERT.

I lent my skills as a mercenary to whom might aid me... a battle with a wandering Merm, we split it's loot, spiders, clockworks have at you! To that, I met a wandering miner... a strange robot who goes by the name Maff... he was toying with his kin as he dodged a rook, shattering rocks and knights in its path... I join the fray and was thankful to be spared a gear for my icebox... I had almost all of the materials I needed... a tent ready to be placed, an alchemy engine rearing to go and reeds for a birdcage... which I had to trade a Spider Egg Sack, and a Tallbird egg, I was feeling generous O__O

As I traveled, word of my wanderings reached the ear of certain noble explorers who wish to aid me in my search for the Tumble Weed rich Desert... Nirvana... sweet, sweet cherry pie...

Though word of the wind, a helpful, yet starving adventurer... who remarkably resembles me, told me of the location of some volt goats and to which they were located... the desert!!

I scramble to gather my wares and take the a wormhole to the place nearest it... I didn't know it was so close to where I had gone... a fork in the road and I took the wrong turn! Fortunately, I find my way out of the forest and nearing the vast open spaces of hot air and warm sands... but as I approach, at the end of the forest road, the noble traveler! Large spiders were upon her and I quickly sprung into action. With a flick of our spears and the aid of my deceased sister -- may shes rest in peace -- we vanquish the threats and exchanged our gratitude... but as we were about to part ways, she collapses to the ground... she was famished! All this exploring and she had run out of rations... I rummage through my bag to find some cooked frogs legs and give them to her to which she was grateful... but I was indebted to her more... the Desert awaits!

I walk along the coast as the breeze feels cool upon my cheeks and tumble weeds march along... I gather their contents and went to look for a suitable area to which I could manifest my lodgings...

As I wander, I meet two travelers, a woman with dark hair and a boy in what seems like a spider suit... it seems as though they would like to live here as well... and so we traveled along... but not a minute passed, we see an ominous figure floating in the distance... was it a mirage? The heat was certainly a threat, but as we strained our eyes to see, we make out wings, claws and a giant head... it was the dreaded Dragonfly! We carefully walk away from her lair of magma and ashes and travel west where we find a small prairie... horned lagomorphs scurried along and barren earth suitable for ground work...

In a flash I take out my tent kit, assemble an alchemy engine, started a fire pit, and conjured a bird cage. I then planted pine cones in seemly places and my companions and I made the place our own... spiders, a forest, and a host of other manner of structures came to be...

Winter came and I was cutting trees just outside the desert in hopes of adding them to our camp. I run home to make dinner of bacon and eggs and find that no one was home... a whisper in the wind informed me as to their travels to meet with local hunters... the McTusks... they were a boorish sort and would expect a skirmish... and so it had happened... I was maintaining the upkeep of the camp when the Dark-haired woman with a penchant for open flames arrived with a hat that looks to be once owned by McTusk and a walking cane of gold and calcium. She relays unto me her harrowing tale of how she battled with McTusk and his hounds...

I find myself in want of such necessities and soon, we prepared ourselves to hunt McTusk's ilk... he was not alone...

It was nearing night but the excitement in us could not be contained, it lit a fire in us which sustained us, kept us warm though the biting cold of early winter...

post-396589-0-13947700-1446995020_thumb.

She leads the way... our hearts ablaze with blood lust...

We traveled pass a camp... a farming community as it seems... rows upon rows of grass, saplings, and berry bushes... but we carried on... we arrive, at the McTusk family hunting grounds but it was quiet... too quiet... we roam around in search of life but the houses were not lit... the dusk sun slowly hiding itself... we returned to the site of the first igloo where a science machine and an alchemy engine were strangely set up... and we find them waiting for us... the McTusk father and son hunting party...

I dropped my satchel and donned my wooden armor and leaped toward an ice hound lunging into her... the spear met its mark and the hound burst into freezing cold air... my companion chasing the now running father McTusk... I stare at the hound... my spear pointed at it... we rush at each other, I hit it in the back but it was still alive, it went for my throat but I managed to peel away before then and it missed me. It's mouth closed, I lunged at it and pierced its neck... I was relieved and took a step towards my satchel... but I couldn't... I looked down at my feet and only then I realized that I was beginning to freeze up... the hounds were defeated but it seems as though they were not finished with me yet...

End of Part One (because it's 11:51 PM and I'm sleepy)

Part 2 - A restless night...

A battle sorely won... for the tooth of the hunter whom we have hunted... what was once to grind and gnash was now for trotting and promenading... we settle by the fire in search of warmth... we share a meal and rested up for the journey ahead... at that, we hear through the wind, a familiar voice... the generous robot has found our camp... the wind has a big mouth... we are greeted by the promise of a warm fire, and a safe haven... yet little did he know that the warmth and comfort he offered was already ours... in the dark of the night my companion and I rush home, through a wormhole... with only the light of a little rock to protect us from what lies in the darkness... it waiting for the little bulwark to fade that it may strike... the bitter, biting cold doing the same...

we arrive home, to find that more have come, hearing of our exploits and adventures, they left their homes so they may taste the frontiers... the lair of the Dragonfly...

Legend has it, a scale from the mythical beast can be made into armor that protects the wearer from even the burning flames of heck... a most coveted item for those who are damned to an eternal game of life and death...

A sound from a distance comes... hounds... taking up positions... we ready ourselves... unbeknownst to them, off in the distance, I have prepared traps... I had already encountered these beasts just south of our camp... but I wasn't about to leave them... I sprint to get them and place them around the camp... each of us standing near one... when they came, they were met with a surprise from down below and a horde of angry swords and spears... one by one, they came, one by one, I reset the traps... one by one, they fall.. We were victorious... we were hopeful... the moment got to me and I revealed to them a trick... a tactic to defeat the Dragonfly...

But their hearts were filled with uncertainty... more so when one wishes to tempt fate and battle her own sanity... on that same night, she produced out of her pockets a sword made of a warm and oozing gaseous liquid... a material made of darkness itself... she waves it about and runs around in circles... I was in the process of feeding my compatriots -- a hearty meal of bacon and eggs -- when I hear behind me, a yelp... I turn and see her battling a giant translucent tick! We jump into action and brought out our weapons and armor... we made short work of it... but she was not done... as it seems she was on a war path. We guard ourselves to what we expect to be a sleepless night... having our backs against each other, we seek out the shapes that threatened us... the snow masking their appearance. We see 2 tall shadows, quickly moving towards us the night was filled with battle cries... the heat of the battle sustaining us... from the shadow creatures, we were able to craft dark swords of our own... little did we know, we were readying ourselves for a bigger battle...

End of Part 2...

Part 3 - Fire and Ice

A day has passed... everyone was prospering... but after the night's battle, our bodies were still bruised and battered... I sought out some cacti to aid my aches... being careful as to pick them with protection... I get near the spider den we placed a fair distance away from camp... I was confident to take out s few of them to get their meat, webbing and glands... but as it seems my folly got the best of me... I had neglected to tend to my wounds and armor... with one swipe of a warrior spider, my armor breaks and I was defenseless... my ethereal counterpart making short work of the six-legged arachnids... though as it seems, I was not fortunate...

As it seemed, the others were away to far off places and I was left with the brave, yet bloodthirsty black-haired woman... I asked for help... but I too was greeted with a specter... silence grew between us... and so we called upon the winds to deliver our cries to our comrades... as it seems she was up to hunting down more nightmares... and had neglected her health as well... we were indeed of the same breed... a day passed and help finally arrived... a lost friend of ours who has risen from the caves below found us after he returned to their camp without any people... I was revived and soon after she as well... we gather ourselves and regroup... we were still strong... and so... I finally revealed a secret... I was in possession of the Mythical Pan Flute!

The winter was cold and so were our spirits... we were in need of warmth... and what better way than to venture into battle in magma! I laid out the plan... it seems they have trusted me enough to listen to my plan... and so, without a minute to spare, we spring into action... the night was upon us but we did not care... but just as we were about to set out... we hear it. A loud and ominous cry... the sign of the Deerclops... we ran off, towards the Dragon's lair in hopes of a battle between Titans...

We arrive at the site but to our horror, the sound ceased... it had arrived... but the earth was not shaking... we immediately scramble toward the base... a short distance from the Dragon's lair... but still nothing... We spread out in teams of 3 and tried to find a giant in the darkness...

We felt the earth shake... we ran out blind and the shaking ceased once more... we run back and the ground shook... we circled the area until dawn... and that's when we saw it... standing just outside the Dragon's lair...

Someone had the quick thought of luring the Dragonfly towards it... but it did not take the bait... it flew off and returned to guarding its home...

The Deerclops was now heading towards the camp. With nothing to lose, I take out the Dark Sword and strike it's leg, avoiding its freezing blast... my sister on the other hand had other ideas... with 3 strikes, she was down... we were all on the giant now... with calculated strikes, we relatively came out unscathed... I maintaining my low health after the resurrections... with all brandishing Dark Swords, the battle ended swiftly... we were now more pumped than ever.

And so, with the previous battle in mind, we set the plan in motion... we hide behind a rock outside of the lair and prepare ourselves... I pass the Pan Flute to a warrior of exceptional reaction time (low ping O__O) and prep ourselves again... I was offered to take up the ice staff but I declined... with that, we charged.

Engaging the Dragonfly meant being the bait... but it was no problem for a Muscle man... a flurry of swords and blasts of frost rendered it incapacitated... a few more blasts and it was catatonic... another flurry of swords and scales fell off the beast... we continues on the offense. But as we thought we had had it, it rose up and flew to a magma pool and tried to deliver a lavae... the pan flute just missing the timing by a second... the Dragonfly succumbs to sleep and we take out the lavae... we rush to her in hopes of dealing the killing blows... but as it was, she once again flew off towards another magma pool.

By now, the bearer of the pan flute has caught on and timed it before it delivered its fiery spawn... I was too filled with adrenaline and rushed to the Dragon just as it was asleep... but to our surprise, she had become paralyzed... the heat of the magma pool kept us going in the cold air...

post-396589-0-83921500-1447074744_thumb.

The Dragon was slain and we came out victorious...

But the heat of battle proved too hot for us... we had not realized it but we were being cooked alive... I tried to cool myself by running into the cold air... but I was too late...

I came to, alive and well, but now, my heart shrank two sizes... but no matter, for I had gained new friends...

Alas, it was not meant to last...

post-396589-0-01982100-1447074751_thumb.

The battle has tired us all and we were in need of rest... and so we left the spoils of our battle...

We hope to find it there again...

Archived