Soulful Alchemy

Dissolve, brew, enchant, summon, craft, reap, et cetera!

post-390644-0-95762100-1445936305_thumb.

Index of this Page:

About

Version

Introduction

Future

Download

Disclaimer

About

What does this mod do? It adds a few things to help you learn the alchemical properties of various ingredients. If you manage to understand the basics, and experiment with enough ingredients, you should be able to create powerful potions to accelerate yourself and bring down foes! You will discover ways to synthesize things previously thought to be rare and precious, and prevail using alchemy!

But that is not all, for there is something strange and bizzarre to be discovered. An entirely unknown definition of magic, parallel to shadow manipulation! Start with the usual hatitation-station, and make a "sinister tabernacle". Still more trustworthy than a floating nightmare gem, right? Then you want to get your hands on the essence of sentience... I'll just leave it there. *chuckle*

Also, spell casting.

Version

Prior to 2.0, this mod was called "Alchemical Brewage", which made no sense at all.

Please make sure you are playing the newest version before reporting bugs!

Current: Problem-Solving (2.1)

Previous:
1.0    Transmutation
1.1    Drink in Moderation
1.1.1 Pieces are Set
1.1.2 Gaining Steam
1.1.3 Precautious Word Choice
1.2    Forbidden Alchemy

2.0    Raising

Full changelog can be found on the download page.

Introduction

In order to get started with alchemy, make an alchemical distiller in the magic tab. This requires an alchemy engine to research, of course. Now you can try to distill anything into specificly made bottles, or you craft a notebook (requires ToK mod) to analyze ingredients more systematically. If you want to analyze potions, you will need to dig deeper... Using a potion spitter, you can apply harmful potions on your target, so no potion is useless.

post-390644-0-98096300-1430247224.jpg

As for said branch of magic, you will need the basic understanding that enables you to use gems or alike. With it, you can enchant meat and craft a research shrine. To access the new knowledge and utility, you need to be near it, regardless of how often you have done it before.

The next step is to spin a dream catcher and find something that can dream. When it is near the net, release the soul.

There is even a way to perform magic similiar to alchemical brewing, but this information is lost. Maybe you can retrieve a tome of knowledge about it though...

Future

These are additions that will eventually make their way into this mod. Eventually.

• More ingredients for distiller
  • More crazy spells to be cast
  • Alkahest Done!
  • Some way to easily rename potions

the pterostigma must hatch

Download

If you want to stay up-to-date, subscribe to this page or the download page using the top right button called "follow".

Soulful Alchemy
Klei - Steam

Tomes of Knowledge (used for books, recommended)
Klei - Steam

Disclaimer:
This mod uses religious (mostly christian) words, phrases and names. I do not mean to shape an opinion about any religion. Any implications and suggestions are coincidental or meant humourously. I respect your beliefs, as well as the right to choose ones religion freely.

Thanks to Theinsanefruitloop for drawing a thirty-sided rock with runes on it.

This mod (actually update) is part of the inofficial 2nd Night of the Modding Dead.

It is a pity, I absolutely deny plaing DS without IR or this, and I would love to have few plays with my son when canes for DST get released... Oh well.

It's a pity that DST doesn't have 'vanilla DST multiplayer" mode fully compatible with single player, for those that just want to play DST with friends/family and don't give a rat's... Alchemical ingredient about balance or mass multiplayer experience.

/Estel

It is a pity, I absolutely deny plaing DS without IR or this, and I would love to have few plays with my son when canes for DST get released... Oh well.

It's a pity that DST doesn't have 'vanilla DST multiplayer" mode fully compatible with single player, for those that just want to play DST with friends/family and don't give a rat's... Alchemical ingredient about balance or mass multiplayer experience.

/Estel

If it were just the balancing changes, that would be easy to compensate for.

The code for DST is massively different to the code for Don't Starve, mostly because of the networking involved. Because of this, it is very difficult to port mods, regardless of gameplay changes.

Yea for real. Dst coding is crazy.

I can't even get my regular character mod working in dst so I just kinda gave up.

But yea this is a really cool mod Mobbstar! 

The art is amazing and really fits the style well! (Although maybe some of the outlines could be a bit thicker around the outside)

man you should make a trailer. It's a really cool mod but it's hard to tell what it does at first glance.

man you should make a trailer. It's a really cool mod but it's hard to tell what it does at first glance.

But a trailer is no good without a car! *badumtss*

I have no recording software, as well as weak hardware, both of which make a video unlikely. Screenshots, now that I wanted to do gratually, letting you plenty of time to try unravel the secrets yourself. Don't think there'd be little content, because it is just growing and growing over time...

It's really just a continuation of A.Brew., the name of which is reason enough to make an entirely new mod from it :razz:

Fear remex' strikes

EDIT: Is it a hibachi? Is it the permuda triangle? No, it's a teaser!

post-390644-0-87275400-1446051438_thumb.

Yes, yes I used the telltale heart textures ;_;

Well thanks for reminding me guys!

How to Spell

First, you need some ghastly candles. That's rather easy if you already made some progress in soul crafting. They can be made at the sinister tabernacle, in sets of two.

Be wary: They don't stack
post-390644-0-76649400-1446371256_thumb.

Next, you want to drop the candles in a roughly circular shape. The size of the circle should be about a ground turf, and the space between the candles slightly shorter than the side of a ground tile. (you can see the exact measurements of ground tiles when holding a pitchfork)

Don't drop the last candle, rather deploy and activate it. If your character says it's not a spell, then you did everything right so far!

Now, to cast a spell, you need to bring the needed objects into the circle. Those objects are not limited to items, and may be arbitrary things such as an evergreen.

post-390644-0-67333000-1446371264_thumb.

There's a dozen spells and counting, maybe you are lucky enough to find one, then you can share the knowledge with others!

Be wary, two conflicting spells will prevent each other from being cast, just as if no spell was possible at all.

Cant wait? Want to cast a spell so bad? Grab some nightmare fuel and arbitrary objects, plant some tools and hope the circle does something. No warranty. I am not to be held responsible for any inhury caused by sylvan spirits.

Update 2.1

Problem-Solving

Now you can craft Alkahest, the universal solvant!

Place it down, fuel it up, and spin things around! Extract one of the four most basic elements:

Aer fills your potion back up

Aqua cleanses your guts of all active potion effects, and can remove a random effect from potions

Ignis burns the potion effects down, making them weaker when exposed to conflicting effects

Terra hardens a random effect, removing one effect type from its list of conflicts

Find the new setpiece to acquire teasers for what I have in mind for this mod next, now that alchemy and witchery established themselves ;)

Archived