Don't Starve: Resumptus

I think if Charlie ever got a semi-physical form, she'd be similar to Lapis Lazuli. Being a shadow monster probably screwed with her perception just a bit. 

So glad i discovered this
:grin:
i absolutely love your character design, definitely following this one ^^

Thank you!

I'm Charlie.jpg

post-701470-0-34877800-1447101802_thumb.

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 13

I think if Charlie ever got a semi-physical form, she'd be similar to Lapis Lazuli. Being a shadow monster probably screwed with her perception just a bit. 

Thank you!

Screwed? I you have perceived something that others are not able to sense than you might be screwed from their point of view. I mean how do you explain the color red to a person that is born blind. In the Book Flatland the hero encounters the same problem.

Even if you have a word for a context, as long as your perception disallows you to grasp it entirely, you will always have a distorted view of reality. You might have an idea what it might be but you will never act is if you where certain.

Think of a colorblind trying to find a ripe fruit. He can act as if he knew by seeing them that they are ripe but he only knows for sure once he takes a bite. And if he was wrong his reaction will give him away one way or the other.

Screwed? I you have perceived something that others are not able to sense than you might be screwed from their point of view. I mean how do you explain the color red to a person that is born blind. In the Book Flatland the hero encounters the same problem.

Even if you have a word for a context, as long as your perception disallows you to grasp it entirely, you will always have a distorted view of reality. You might have an idea what it might be but you will never act is if you where certain.

Think of a colorblind trying to find a ripe fruit. He can act as if he knew by seeing them that they are ripe but he only knows for sure once he takes a bite. And if he was wrong his reaction will give him away one way or the other.

...What?

Sorry the philosopher in me ran riot. To put it simple: If you think a person acts screwed or evil or crazy than that person might have reasons you don't understand right now. You might not have the same information as this person and so you can hardly judge their doing. If you want to judge, you have to be extra careful that you don't miss anything. One step would be to ask the person why. But you might end up with no valuable information, so you then have to look at the circumstances.

But aside from all sympathy, you do have the right to stop a person that acts intentionally harmful, no matter how they justify the means.

I always thought the Merms were related to this fellow from Creature from the Black Lagoon, which as it seems is the first movie adaptation of HPLs monstrosities. Aside from some body fat they look alike. What do you think?

The Vampire Lady is a nice idea. Does she have red crosses because she is a nurse? That would be cool.

ImDaMisterL since I have a medical condition that is related to all the vampire myths I can tell that smelly stuff is out of option. Garlic, leek, onions and essential oils alike are way to intense to be exposed to. Especially when you think that you have to handle all the pig poo in game. Yuck! Would make great for sanity loss when you pick it up. I like the idea of the requirement for a hat in the sun. Quoth143 do you mind if do it alike on my toon? Aside from the glasses I am running around with a black hat in real life too, since sun is a problem to me.

• Like 1

I always thought the Merms were related to this fellow from Creature from the Black Lagoon, which as it seems is the first movie adaptation of HPLs monstrosities. Aside from some body fat they look alike. What do you think?

The Vampire Lady is a nice idea. Does she have red crosses because she is a nurse? That would be cool.

ImDaMisterL since I have a medical condition that is related to all the vampire myths I can tell that smelly stuff is out of option. Garlic, leek, onions and essential oils alike are way to intense to be exposed to. Especially when you think that you have to handle all the pig poo in game. Yuck! Would make great for sanity loss when you pick it up. I like the idea of the requirement for a hat in the sun. Quoth143 do you mind if do it alike on my toon? Aside from the glasses I am running around with a black hat in real life too, since sun is a problem to me.

I think the Creature from the Black Lagoon was inspired by the Deep Ones too. 

Anyway, yup Winona is a nurse, after all, she had to find a way to get easy access to blood. In game she'd probably have the added perk of being able to craft healing items without having to unlock them. Yeah, I guess certain scents would be a a great way to lose sanity. I was thinking one of Winona's least favorite foods would be fish. (If you don't mind me asking, what condition do you have?)

"Cold-blooded and smelly, my two least favorite things."

Also, sure, I'll do your character. 

• Like 1

Awww, the way they both automatically protect Webber is so cute. I also love how you drew the Merms xD

Also, I love Winona, her design is awesome. Would darkness still hurt her sanity, or would it be reversed so that sunlight does that? And what happens if you fail to get her hat back on before dawn?

• Like 1

Awww, the way they both automatically protect Webber is so cute. I also love how you drew the Merms xD

Also, I love Winona, her design is awesome. Would darkness still hurt her sanity, or would it be reversed so that sunlight does that? And what happens if you fail to get her hat back on before dawn?

Thank you. 

While Winona would become stronger at dusk and at night, she is definitely not immune to the sanity loss of the darkness or the monsters. Since she is forced to survive the daylight, her hat is the only thing that protects her completely from the sun, if she were to lose it she'd begin overheating a.k.a burning up in the daylight.

The reason for the sanity loss in the darkness; this video is my best explanation:

Spongebob - Advanced Darkness - YouTube

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 1