Don't Starve: Resumptus

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

On the thread about her leaked quotes, she seemed to have a problem with Wilson. People assumed it had to do wit Wilson's uppercrust attitude?

588497c65ec72_arielconfusedshrug.png.7e28189e6a68c2fc214fa6e2c0815879.png

Also from the quotes, she's very much a hands on worker and seeing Maxwell's shadowpuppets, remarks about how he can't do his own work. 

• Like 1

A drabble based on yesterday's rabies piece. 

Autumn had finally arrived; the summer was harsh but they had managed to make it through, no one dying of heatstroke though Wilson managed to die other ways but at least now everyone could focus on preparing for the even harsher winter. 

The thing about summer was that they had a means to continue growing their food as well as other materials but winter was too cold for anything to grow. The clock was ticking and the changing leaves were a reminder. 

“Miss Bobbie! Miss Bobbie, look” Webber called out from the field. Bobbie looked up from the red berry bush. “Lookit what we can do!” Webber said as he managed to preform a headstand, with the help of a few extra legs. Bobbie chuckled before clapping. 

“Yay Webber! Very good sweetie!” She cheered before returning to her task, thinking about the preserves she and Wickerbottom would make for the coming winter. Webber was in charge of checking the traps and gathering what had been caught. 

“Miss Bobbie look!” Webber called again. She let out a sigh and chuckle and reminisced on what it was like being a child and easily distracted from tasks. Bobbie looked up and saw the spider-child crouching down and pointing at a rabbit. 

“This bunny isn’t even running from us! It wants to be friends! Maybe it’s like us cause it’s all foamy at the mouth!” 

It was almost like a lightning strike with how fast Bobbie had run over to Webber and picked him up and away from the rabbit, holding him tight.

“Nonono! Webber, stay away from it!” The younger survivor was confused and somewhat distraught. 

“Why? It’s being friendly.” Webber said, a quiver apparent. The rabbit began to hop towards them, the foam coming from it’s mouth dripping with each hop. It’s eyes were glazed over but focused. 

“Trust me sweetheart, it is anything but friendly. It’s very very sick.” Bobbie explained as she backed away from the rabbit until she felt she got her ward from a safe enough distance. She put him down before immediately pulling out a blow dart and killing the rabbit before it got any closer. It let out a sickly gurgle before it stopped moving. Sighing in relief, the beast tamer pulled out a pair of gloves then grabbed an empty trap. She placed the dead rabbit in the trap, knowing full well how serious this could be. 

“Miss Bobbie?” Webber inquired, unsure of what to make of what just happened. 

“Sorry about that Webber, but the rabbit was very dangerous.” Bobbie said as crouched down to Webber’s level. 

“We thought it was sick.” 

“It was,” Bobbie began. “The rabbit had something called ‘Hydrophobia’, it is a very, very dangerous sickness. I was very scared that the rabbit was going to bite you and give it to you.” Bobbie explained. Webber seemed to understand, remembering how his grandfather mentioned something like that once. Bobbie stood up and held out her hand for Webber to take. The berries could wait, they needed to alert everyone else of the danger. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

A drabble based on yesterday's rabies piece. 

Autumn had finally arrived; the summer was harsh but they had managed to make it through, no one dying of heatstroke though Wilson managed to die other ways but at least now everyone could focus on preparing for the even harsher winter. 

The thing about summer was that they had a means to continue growing their food as well as other materials but winter was too cold for anything to grow. The clock was ticking and the changing leaves were a reminder. 

“Miss Bobbie! Miss Bobbie, look” Webber called out from the field. Bobbie looked up from the red berry bush. “Lookit what we can do!” Webber said as he managed to preform a headstand, with the help of a few extra legs. Bobbie chuckled before clapping. 

“Yay Webber! Very good sweetie!” She cheered before returning to her task, thinking about the preserves she and Wickerbottom would make for the coming winter. Webber was in charge of checking the traps and gathering what had been caught. 

“Miss Bobbie look!” Webber called again. She let out a sigh and chuckle and reminisced on what it was like being a child and easily distracted from tasks. Bobbie looked up and saw the spider-child crouching down and pointing at a rabbit. 

“This bunny isn’t even running from us! It wants to be friends! Maybe it’s like us cause it’s all foamy at the mouth!” 

It was almost like a lightning strike with how fast Bobbie had run over to Webber and picked him up and away from the rabbit, holding him tight.

“Nonono! Webber, stay away from it!” The younger survivor was confused and somewhat distraught. 

“Why? It’s being friendly.” Webber said, a quiver apparent. The rabbit began to hop towards them, the foam coming from it’s mouth dripping with each hop. It’s eyes were glazed over but focused. 

“Trust me sweetheart, it is anything but friendly. It’s very very sick.” Bobbie explained as she backed away from the rabbit until she felt she got her ward from a safe enough distance. She put him down before immediately pulling out a blow dart and killing the rabbit before it got any closer. It let out a sickly gurgle before it stopped moving. Sighing in relief, the beast tamer pulled out a pair of gloves then grabbed an empty trap. She placed the dead rabbit in the trap, knowing full well how serious this could be. 

“Miss Bobbie?” Webber inquired, unsure of what to make of what just happened. 

“Sorry about that Webber, but the rabbit was very dangerous.” Bobbie said as crouched down to Webber’s level. 

“We thought it was sick.” 

“It was,” Bobbie began. “The rabbit had something called ‘Hydrophobia’, it is a very, very dangerous sickness. I was very scared that the rabbit was going to bite you and give it to you.” Bobbie explained. Webber seemed to understand, remembering how his grandfather mentioned something like that once. Bobbie stood up and held out her hand for Webber to take. The berries could wait, they needed to alert everyone else of the danger. 

Great piece! I read this whole thread from page 1 and it took me a while but I finally got to the end xD

WEBBER IS SO CUTE

Edited by everred
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2015 at 6:01 PM, Quoth143 said:

I needed to draw this one out because it's been in my head for awhile. I may end up using this character in another comic. 

Winona.jpg

46 minutes ago, everred said:

About Winona, didn't she used to be this frail vampire that needed a straw hat for the sunlight?

Oh....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, everred said:

About Winona, didn't she used to be this frail vampire that needed a straw hat for the sunlight?

She was more of an idea I had but didn't exactly resonate enough for me to really want to draw her again. And now there's canon Winona that Klei will be releasing soon. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

She was more of an idea I had but didn't exactly resonate enough for me to really want to draw her again. And now there's canon Winona that Klei will be releasing soon. 

I see. Did they just happen to have the same name...?

• Like 1

59b37d94b5064_freedomrun.thumb.png.59d16a5f42f50561db76a758878e3d54.png

Ever the responsible big sister, Winona had the task of making sure Bobbie wasn’t let loose on the world without being properly dressed. 

Their father would later put her in dance classes so she’d spend some of that energy before Winona killed her. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2