Suggestion: Death Cap Mushroom [Amanita phalloides]

*This is purely a suggestion and if not many people like the idea then I'll make a mod for it instead.*

--About--

Amanita phalloides commonly know as "Death Cap Mushrooms".

Wikipedia does say: "..the toxicity is not reduced by cooking, freezing, or drying." so the health and sanity drain doesn't change, but I thought because all the other mushrooms loose their hunger buff when cooked, it should follow suit.

Also it is mentioned in the Don't Starve wikia page for mushrooms, in the trivia section "The red mushroom's appearance and toxicity is likely based on the Amanita, which include some of the most toxic fungi known.", but I believe due to the fact that the red mushroom changes it's stats other than hunger should mean that it isn't quite the same as the Amanita Phalloides.

--Stats--

Raw:

-5 sanity, 12.5 hunger, -30 health

Cooked:

-5 sanity, 0 hunger, -30 health

Spoils in 10 days

Can stack up to 40

--Other info--

-Perhaps due to it's Thermostability it could be unable to be used in crock pots?

-For spawning, it could be during dusk along side green mushrooms and have it appearing similar so people might confuse it.

-when given to a bird in a Bird cage, it kills them?

*I'll design some sprites for it if people like the idea or someone wants to mod it. I may even mod it myself*

I've written up a bit a bit of info of planned features for said mod with the help of my partner. We'll need to do a bit more research on Don't Starve moding to make sure we're ok to do this.

[Loving the idea of the Hydnellum peckii mushrooms by the way Derpime]

I'll check with my housemate who draws a lot of different styles if she'd be willing/able to draw the sprites so that we can move on to implementing these.

I'll update this post if we're able to make the mod or at least develop the sprites.

If this really comes to happen, find a guy capable of drawing a little bit like DS artstyle and tell him about the collar thing, important detail. Maybe make some caespitous ones and agaric ones too?

Could you  please give me a little more information about what you mean by "collar thing" and "caespitous ones and agaric ones"? I mean this in the nicest way possible.

[Also I have no idea how to edit posts]

Could you  please give me a little more information about what you mean by "collar thing" and "caespitous ones and agaric ones"? I mean this in the nicest way possible.

[Also I have no idea how to edit posts]

I meant the Annulus (stop laughing), as well as mushrooms that grow on living trees or bushes.

By the way, red hue at the end of a white mushroom's stem usually indicates... well, I can't recall any examples by name, let's just say those are usually confused for edible ones.

Archived